12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Morro
Morro's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 04/28/2020 - 15:07
Karma: 12
(Solved) Water flickering but only in one area on map

Hello I was in this location over the hill behind Balmora.. when I walk the water flickers like crazy. Only in this location. And it corresponds to me walking.. Is this a known bug? Not running any water shaders or mods for water. And anti alliasing is off.  (Not sure how to attach a pic of it on this forum) I'm on a new save. Haven't changed any mods or bashed file. Do have a limited integrated graphics card but not sure if its that.. have tried with HDR on and with bloom and the water is flickering and disappearing 

Edited by: Morro on 05/31/2020 - 16:43
AllisterHenderson
AllisterHenderson's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 02/26/2020 - 02:30
Karma: 92
You can https://imgur.com

You can use https://imgur.com which is a Web hosting site for pictures and short videos.....

I have previously experienced weird flickering from movement on the surface of water too. I think it may have something to do with a bad texture or mesh file from a VWD mod reflecting of the water surface.... maybe try turning off water reflections in the Oblivion.ini to test if that is the problem....

Morro
Morro's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 04/28/2020 - 15:07
Karma: 12
AllisterHenderson wrote:You

AllisterHenderson wrote:

You can use https://imgur.com which is a Web hosting site for pictures and short videos..... I have previously experienced weird flickering from movement on the surface of water too. I think it may have something to do with a bad texture or mesh file from a VWD mod reflecting of the water surface.... maybe try turning off water reflections in the Oblivion.ini to test if that is the problem....
Morro
Morro's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 04/28/2020 - 15:07
Karma: 12
Thank you for the response

Thank you for the response and help. So I tried turning the water reflections off in the options menu but the flickering remains. Is turning it off in video options, is that the same as you advised, or do I have to do it in the actual ini? (In general i try not mess with things directly in the ini. But will)

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Moderator
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 12/15/2011 - 05:50
Karma: 1987
It's kinda hard to

It's kinda hard to troubleshoot this without a screenshot/video or at least a more precise location.

Morro
Morro's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 04/28/2020 - 15:07
Karma: 12
qwertyasdfgh wrote:

qwertyasdfgh wrote:

It's kinda hard to troubleshoot this without a screenshot/video or at least a more precise location.

For sure.. here is the location.  Just east of Balmora. over the mountain

Location on map:

https://imgur.com/gallery/9x2dhgu

Water flicker 

https://imgur.com/gallery/IHzzsQt

Water flickers when I move only. It is missing parts of the water and can see bare ground too. Even when standing still. As I stated in the original post, all other water in game is flawless so far. Outside of this little pond

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Moderator
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 12/15/2011 - 05:50
Karma: 1987
Found the spot. This isn't a

Found the spot. This isn't a graphical issue, but a landscaping one - there isn't supposed to be any water in that spot, but ground height happens to be exactly the same as water height, which causes some Z-fighting (and it looks like the same thing exists in vanilla Morrowind as well).

It just needed a slight edit to landscape to hide the water level under it.

AttachmentSize
Binary Data morrob-9-3_landscape_water.esp33.1 KB
Morro
Morro's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 04/28/2020 - 15:07
Karma: 12
qwertyasdfgh wrote:

qwertyasdfgh wrote:

Found the spot. This isn't a graphical issue, but a landscaping one - there isn't supposed to be any water in that spot, but ground height happens to be exactly the same as water height, which causes some Z-fighting (and it looks like the same thing exists in vanilla Morrowind as well).

It just needed a slight edit to landscape to hide the water level under it.

 

You guys are seriously amazing! Will stick this puppy in my data folder after work :-)

Morro
Morro's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 04/28/2020 - 15:07
Karma: 12
qwertyasdfgh wrote:

qwertyasdfgh wrote:

Found the spot. This isn't a graphical issue, but a landscaping one - there isn't supposed to be any water in that spot, but ground height happens to be exactly the same as water height, which causes some Z-fighting (and it looks like the same thing exists in vanilla Morrowind as well).

It just needed a slight edit to landscape to hide the water level under it.

 

Maybe this can be added to 0.65?

Morro
Morro's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 04/28/2020 - 15:07
Karma: 12
P.s got home and it works

P.s got home and it works like a charm..thanks again. 

AllisterHenderson
AllisterHenderson's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 02/26/2020 - 02:30
Karma: 92
I am glad qwertyasdfgh fixed

I am glad qwertyasdfgh fixed it for you.....

Qwertyasdfgh and Ponyrider0 are the two people running the show here..... They are both incredibly gifted :)
But I don't want to push their patience by suggesting this should be merged in v065 as well LOL..

PS hope you turned your water reflections back on....

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Member
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 6 sec ago
Joined: 07/22/2016 - 05:01
Karma: 1136
For the record, it will NOT

For the record, it will NOT be in v065.  v065 is about bugfixes and stability.  This fix would be purely cosmetic, and a good candidate for v066.