Pages

285 posts / 0 new
Last post
eXCalibr
eXCalibr's picture
No i don't have Oblivion.I

No i don't have Oblivion.I must have it?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Umm yeah???  It is not like I

Umm yeah???  It is not like I wrote in completely useless steps.  If you don't do one of them then something will go wrong.

In regards to step 3 and needing Oblivion Textures, we used those textures in Morroblivion, and without them many meshes will not have textures.  Sometime soon Eloth will release his new Skywind textures and this requirement will become unnecessary, but for now it is an important step.

You don't need Oblivion to do step 4 though.  Just download the file and copy those textures over.  This should at least make it so you can see ~80% of the textures, and everything will be semi-normal.

eXCalibr
eXCalibr's picture
Are there any NPCs in

Are there any NPCs in Morrowind or Cyrodiil?

Mehh
Mehh's picture
^ Nope, we're still working

^ Nope, we're still working on them.

eXCalibr
eXCalibr's picture
Can you give us ETA or

Can you give us ETA or something to know when it will be done?

eXCalibr
eXCalibr's picture
Someting happend i don't know

Someting happend i don't know why or how.When i installed the master file of Morroblivion the 2GB file i didn't had free disc as requested.So i clicked ok and from 7GB i came to 9Mb.What has gone wrong please respond.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
eXCalibr,If you only had 7 GB

eXCalibr,

If you only had 7 GB of disc space left,then it works out about right as the 2GB file is compressed a lot,so I quess you need a bigger HDD.

7GB might sound big,just these days 1TB HDD`s are cheap and anything less than about 500GB get used with big programs and other things very quickly.

Also the recycle bin uses a lot if it`s not emptied.I don`t use it but delete is delete that way though.

eXCalibr
eXCalibr's picture
Ok i fixed the memory loss

Ok i fixed the memory loss problem.Now can you tell me when it will have any NPcs and such?

VampireLord
VampireLord's picture
HELP!

the colors are all blue and weird help!!

bigfoot343
bigfoot343's picture
You need to extract your

You need to extract your texture.bsa from your oblivion install and move it to your skyrim install

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Okay, really?? That does not

Okay, really?? That does not help at all.  I can't somehow magically see your monitor and know exactly what you are talking about.  You need to take some time and explain the problem.

It sounds like bigfoot is right though.  I'd say that you need to go through the instructions again, and make sure you have completed EVERY step.

Eldrof
Eldrof's picture
Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooo,

I am new to this forum but follow you for ages.

I use morroblivion since 2007 and for the early days of it had a lot of time speak with Galadrielle "I am french".

It was impossible for me to register here untill have tryed a last stuff "Google Chrome" and make a gmail adress so miracle has appeared, very happy now.

have done all the steps to add Morro into Skyrim, have it with some white textures here and there, the Morroblivion version I have is a very old one "combination of v97 and v98" so I dl now the complete installation to add the textures and to see how it goes.

I am very proud of your efforts to bring us such joy to play, not really fond of Skyrim.

You guys are great ones and thanxxxxxxxxxxxxx for all :D :D :D

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Hi Eldrof,For morroblivion

Hi Eldrof,

For morroblivion you do not need the old v97 and v98 versions,in fact they are now not used,use the new v0.55 master.

Download the new master V_07c,for the Skywind install.

If you do not have morroblivion installed do that using the new v0.55 master.

Skywind install instructions.
http://morroblivion.com/forums/conversion-to-skyrim/conversion-to-skyrim/2707
Skyblivion install instructions.
http://morroblivion.com/forums/conversion-to-skyrim/conversion-to-skyrim/2621

morroblivion install instructions.
http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/mods/753

Sharky
Sharky's picture
Trying to install

I'm new and trying to get this installed. I'm a bit confused, and I know that you kind of already covered this Shadow, but I don't have Oblivion. In the FAQ, it is mentioned that you don't need Oblivion, but then I see in this thread that you need the morrowoblivion textures for Skywind... I don't have a copy of Oblivion readily available, and it wont let me install morrowoblivion without Oblivion on my computer.... Is there a workaround here?  

Sharky
Sharky's picture
I guess what I'm trying to say is

Wouldn't it be easier to post the necessary textures/meshes from morrowblivion?

Mehh
Mehh's picture
We haven't really gotten

We haven't really gotten around to organizing the files yet, because it's not really finished. The meshes and textures are still being re-done. When it's finished, then Oblivion will no longer be needed.

Sharky
Sharky's picture
That makes sense

Mehh wrote:

We haven't really gotten around to organizing the files yet, because it's not really finished. The meshes and textures are still being re-done. When it's finished, then Oblivion will no longer be needed.

I will wait around for that then (do you have an eta on a standalone download?), unless there is something else that can be done. Does this site take donations?

Eldrof
Eldrof's picture
Could someone give me a cow

Could someone give me a cow adress to go to Sadrith Mora and the Ice Castle of Solstheim please ?

Thanxxxxxxxxxx per adavnce,

:D :D :D :D

VampireLord
VampireLord's picture
help

I have a big problem i didn't see that:

IMPORTANT: If you are asked to overwrite anywhere in this process, say no.  Unless of course you want the farmhouses in Skyrim to look very weird..., or you want some other unforseen mesh/texture problem.

and now everything looks blue and weird is there any way to fix that?
gidz89
gidz89's picture
@eXCalibr Make sure Shivering

@eXCalibr Make sure you have copied over the textures from Shivering Isles aswell, as the mod uses textures from that i believe ;)

Tyetonious
Tyetonious's picture
thank you Shadow cant wait

thank you Shadow :) cant wait to have a run round some area's :P especially mushroom houses!!!!! :D

But with my internet connection speed atm i should have the files downloaded ready to install by next week :P lol

spiffster
spiffster's picture
problem

the converted meshes for oblivion part one is not letting me download. is there an alternate link?

Were
Were's picture
Skyrim nirnroot and lavender

Skyrim nirnroot and lavender meshes are overwritten by their Oblivion counterparts, just a heads up. Delete them from your mesh folder after installing.

Raphyy
Raphyy's picture
Hey guys.I have done all the

Hey guys.

I have done all the step , i have no CTD and i can go to the Morrowind continent with the command cow AND_WrldMorrowind.

My problem is that I have no buildings or cities in Morrowind , I only have the ground , the lava , water... I have only seen one half of an brigde...lol

And now I don't know where I'm wrong.

Someone knows where is the problem ?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Try redownloading the meshes,

Try redownloading the meshes, I bet your original downloads became corrupted or something.

Were:  I've never actually gotten around to seeing what the file paths are so I can put that in the guide though.  Also overritten is a chest and another plant that I can't remember at the moment.

Raphyy
Raphyy's picture
I think my errors are from

I think my errors are from the command that I typed.

I used the command AND_WrldMorrowind 1 1 and there is only one city.

After that i used the same command but with -1 -1 like in the tutorial , the game load an another part of the map.

Finally with the command with -3 -3 , i had the little town with the river and multiples brigdes.

Now i don't know if this is normal or it's my fault. ^^

Shadow
Shadow's picture
I take it you don't use the

I take it you don't use the console very much?

Cow stands for center on worldspace with and_wrldmorrowind being the worldspace you want to go to.  Then the numbers such as -1 -1, 1 1, and -3 -3 are coordinates in that worldspace.  By changing those number values you simply change the cell you go to.  They will not affect anything within the actual game. 

Also, there are no distant buildings, so you will not be able to see any cities until you are very close to them.  If you haven't ever played the original Morrowind, look up a map online to show you where cities are.

Tyetonious
Tyetonious's picture
Were wrote:Skyrim nirnroot

Were wrote:

Skyrim nirnroot and lavender meshes are overwritten by their Oblivion counterparts, just a heads up. Delete them from your mesh folder after installing.

hmm ye i noticed aswell, nightshade for me too :\

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Ah it was Nightshade!!!

Ah it was Nightshade!!!  Thanks for reminding me.  I think I'm going to try and keep a list, so if anyone finds anymore let me know.

• Farmhouse meshes
  • Elven armor textures
  • Nightshade mesh
  • Nirnroot mesh
  • Lavender mesh
  • Chest mesh (the chests in Breezehome)
Mehh
Mehh's picture
Were wrote:Skyrim nirnroot

Were wrote:

Heh, that explains why the lavender in my Skyrim install looked so awful, and had collision. I thought one of my many mods effed it up.
ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Not all of the farmhouse

Not all of the farmhouse meshes need deleting [at least on my install it appears that way] as the thatch roofs meshes seem to be needed in Seyna Need as the custums and excise office and the trade house roofs are blue if I delete them all.

Same with the lighthouse stone walls,bottom layer.

I will try deleting by trail and error to find out which meshes are needed and those that are not.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
We have to tidy it up,at this

We have to tidy it up,at this time we have an updating master,but have to copy a lot of meshes and textures over from morroblivion and the actual oblivion install including the shivering isles.

When we get nearer to the final release would it be better to package all the needed stuff somehow,because imo Skywind could lose popularity if it is not just a straight forward install.?

BSA`s could be used for the meshes and textures,but they would be very large files,and personally I do not know how to link bsa`s to be recognised by the game.

SluggoV2
SluggoV2's picture
3:  Using a utility such as

3:  Using a utility such as BSA Unpacker (yes it works with Skyrim), extract your Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa and DLCShiveringIsles - Textures into your Skyrim Data folder.

• Delete the Sky and Water folders after extracting because they MAY cause your game to crash. 
  • The Elven textures from Oblivion overwrite the Skyrim ones.  To fix this you need to delete Skyrim/Data/Textures/Armor/Elven folder as well. 

Are these located in the Skyrim data folder? or in the extracted Oblivion files?

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
The extracted Oblivion &

The extracted Oblivion & Shivering Isles textures are best extracted to new folder on your desktop,then before copying them to the Skyrim\Data folder,delete the Sky,Water,Elvin,  & Farmhouse folder.

But you might need a few of the thatch textures ,so it might be better to keep a backup of the farmhouse textures.

SluggoV2
SluggoV2's picture
Yeah, I extracted the

Yeah, I extracted the textures to a new folder on my desktop, but I didnt see those folders...I'll look again...

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Elven is in the Armor folder

Elvin is in the Armor folder & Farmhouse in the architecture folder I think.

Suade
Suade's picture
It's working for me!

It's working for me! Fantastic job!! :) 

To be honest, after seeing a lot of the settlements/forts/ruins/ect missing in my Skyblivion install I wasn't expecting anything to be there outside of the cities, but everything is there! It's weird, I have Skyblivion and Skywind on the same install of Skyrim now and I'm missing so many meshes for Skyblivion and can barely see anything outside the Imperial City, but everthing is fine when I go to Morrowind! This is really amazing. 

Quick question, why do we need the Morrowind install again? I actually had a problem with my morrowind install so I deleted it entirely from my HDD, and I played Skywind and everything was still there (without my morrowind installation). When I extracted the Skywind master, it didn't prompt me to search for my morrowind install, just my skyrim folder. So what is Skywind using from the Morrowind game in the current state of the mod?

SluggoV2
SluggoV2's picture
LOL, I found the issue. I

LOL, I found the issue. I didnt give the extraction process enough time to fully extract the files, so I was missing a few folders. Thanks

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
You deleted your Morrowind

Suade,

You deleted your Morrowind install after you had installed the skywind master.?

Morrowind is not needed after you have installed the master,and in no way effects skywind as that is being run in the Skyrim game.

But the installer is not perfect,I had to stop using registery keys when configuring it due to OS clashes,and if it did not give an error the 2nd time,it might have found leftover indications,that morrowind had been previously installed.

Suade
Suade's picture
Yes. Well I thought something

Yes, but I reinstalled it. Well I thought something was up with the extractor becauce it didn't even ask me to locate my morrowind folder, which is on a separate HDD than my Skyrim folder.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
It does not ask you to locate

It does not ask you to locate your morrowind folder,it should just look for an indication that morowind is or has been installed automatcally.

If you do not get any errors,then you just browse to your skyrim\data folder and then continue.

The morroblivion installer asks for the folders,but the skywind installer does not.

Lile I said,the installer is not perfect,and proberly needs some more work done on it to tighten it up,but lets`s face it our master is proberly being distributed somewhere in the the world as I type this,because once it has been extracted it loses all the security.

SluggoV2
SluggoV2's picture
cow AND_WrldMorrowind X Y

cow AND_WrldMorrowind X Y results in an Instant CTD. I seen this posted on the first page, but without any replies.

So any advice?

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Try re-doing all the steps, I

Try re-doing all the steps, I had your issue before, and fixed it by doing that.

On another topic:
Sorrow gave me this a while back, I forgot to upload it. This file will stop a lot of the CTDs that occur in Seyda Neen. The file goes into Data -> meshes -> morro -> f
It's not a permanent solution keep in mind, the collusion is just removed from it. Being able to walk through some rocks is better than ctding from them. =p
http://www.filedropper.com/terrainurockubcu18

SluggoV2
SluggoV2's picture
Sorry guys but I am a noob

Sorry guys but I am a noob when it comes to installs such as this, so bare with me.

In the installation guide it says to not over write any files, so how can you install the textures/meshes without overwriting? It seems that there are a lot of reduntant files in the downloads.

SluggoV2
SluggoV2's picture
Oops!

double post

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Actually, there are very few

Actually, there are very few redundant files (at least that is what I remember).  But to answer your question, that warning means to not overwrite anything that was in those directories before installation.  It is perfectly fine to overwrite files from the Skywind installation (at least provided you follow the instructions and install order exactly).

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
SluggoV2,The point is that

SluggoV2,

The point is that before you install Skywind,and extract and copy over your morroblivion and extracted Oblivion & Shivering Isles textures from the bsa`s,your Skyrim Data folder does not have a Textures or Meshes folder.

So in theory there should not be any overwriting.

The reason that the farmhouse textures are deleted from the extracted oblivion bsa files before copying over is because they might be used in the Skyrim world and ruin the farmhouses,but I am not sure about this.

Opps! sorry Shadow we were typing together.:)

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Well, you know what they say,

Well, you know what they say, two posts are always better than one. 

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Are they really? =p At least

Are they really? =p At least he learned why the farm houses are bad!

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Yeah! I know Mehh,we did not

Yeah! I know Mehh,we did not really help the guy,but we tried!LOL!.:)

Pages

Topic locked