Pages

285 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mehh
Mehh's picture
Install instructions needs

Install instructions needs more pictures! Pictures solve everything!

Suade
Suade's picture
Hmm now I'm getting frequent

Hmm now I'm getting frequent CTD's in Morrowind, pratically everywhere. This didn't happen before. I'm also experiencing errors such as the Skywind map merging with the Morrowind map (Skyrim is like a top layer) and full on Skyrim blizzards when I fast travel to any location in Morrowind. I have to use a clear skies shout to get rid of it, but the game still thinks I'm in skyrim? I reinstalled all the meshes, the esps, the masterfile, ect. Also, Morrowind seems really dark in some places (not the overall, but certain spots I see are too dark, like a problem with the gamma but I haven't touched it):

The only serious change I made was that I installed QTP3 to make Skyblivion more like Oblivion (although it didn't help much :S )

I might just reinstall Skywind and Skyblivion. 

Mehh
Mehh's picture
There is actually a command

There is actually a command to change the weather. Also Sorrow's weather esp is around to control the weather. As for the ctds, what's your save file size? I once had an issue similar to yours, it was because my save file size was like 70mb. x_x

Suade
Suade's picture
They're all 5-9mb thank god.

They're all 5-9mb thank the nine. And wasn't that bloating of the save files with the Sounds of Skyrim mod that was taken down? Also is the weather esp included with the masterfile? Can't find it.

The only problem I'm having now is low res textures in Skyrim (and maybe skyrim asset in Skywind and Skyblivion). I have the High Res texture pack dlc enabled and they're my first esp's on my load order. However, things still look extremely low res. Is it because of the texture folder overwriting the texture pack?

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Don't use Skyrim's HD dlc

Don't use Skyrim's HD dlc pack, it's a piece of crap. Use the HD 2k mod for Skyrim instead. I've noticed the Skyrim HD dlc pack tends to kill your FPS more than the HD 2k pack, and they both look just as good. I got a lot of freezes during battles with the Skyrim HD dlc, and it was pretty much gone when I replaced it.

Also are you using a new character in Morowind?

Suade
Suade's picture
Yes and still crashing

Yes and still crashing wherever I go (places like Dagoth Ur immediately, other places looking around like Seyda neen). I'll get rid of high res DLC

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Seyda Neen crashes are

Seyda Neen crashes are actually normal due to a rock. I uploaded an edited rock that somewhat fixes the issue by removing the collision. You don't ctd from it, but you go through it. You can rid of the high res dlc by just unchecking it in NMM I think.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Hey, nothing wrongg with the

Hey, nothing wrongg with the HD DLC, just make sure you use the version found here.  (This link is actually already in the install instructions).  It basically gets rid of all those nasty errors and optimizes the textures, so the crashes stop.  Plus it is much smaller than the original .bsas anyway.  Skyrim HD is great, but it doesn't cover all the textures, plus I'm hitting the limit of my vram as it is already, and Skyrim HD uses quite a bit more than the HD DLC because the textures are so much larger.

Edit:  It's in the miscellaneous files section.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
HD dlc made my Skyrim crash,

HD dlc made my Skyrim lock up during battles, and dropped my frames, but once i unchecked them and started using 2k HD textures, my issues were gone, and my Skyrim looks just as good. After Dawnguard's zillions of issues, I really have a hard time trusting Beth and their dlcss. Once I cleaned Dawnguard my frames actually improved and my loading screens from exiting buildings and entering shortened by a lot.

EnvyDeveloper
EnvyDeveloper's picture
Bethesda should use the
Bethesda should use the cleaning tools before releasing their DLCs then ;)
Mehh
Mehh's picture
Yeah, no kidding. Dawnguard

Yeah, no kidding. Dawnguard was a nightmare for a lot of people. It caused so many errors, and odd issues. My most hated was this one issue where you'd be stuck in 3rd person view. I had to fix it by reloading an old save, or unchecking Dawnguard. Thankfully I had an auto save from a short while ago when I started Dawnguard back then.

Speaking of Dawnguard, if we're going to require it for Skywind, maybe we should consider hosting a cleaned Dawnguard.esm for the peoeple who don't know how to clean their files. It's not really piracy since you still need the Dawnguard.bsa file, and the Dawnguard.esm file is worthless without it. I thought about posting mine, but I'd rather wait until the tools are more updated.

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
Posting a Dawnguard esm

Posting a Dawnguard esm (cleaned or not) is not something we should do, IMHO.

What's the use of Dawnguard for Skywind anyway ?

Mehh
Mehh's picture
I think a week or two ago

I think a week or two ago there was talk of using Dawnguard stuff since by the time this mod is done, the Skyrim GOTY edition will come out and will probably come with the dlc stuff included.

digitalparanoid
I think that was a talk about

I think that was a talk about the future/unannounced DLC set in Solstheim, that would certainly offer interesting assets... In any case, re-using Skyrim assets is obviously OK. Posting (clean version of) them is dangerous.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
No, we are not going to host

No, we are not going to host a Dawnguard.esm.  That is just asking for trouble from Bethesda.

We would most certainly have "Dragonborn" be a dependent, but I still think we should have Dawnguard content as an optional .esp. 

Digital:  The use of Dawnguard is basically just for the addition of crossbows.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Awwww, okay. I guess Beth

Awwww, okay. I guess Beth would get quite mad if we did that and would accuse us of piracy. I think in the future the cleaned esm will probably be hosted somewhere anyway.

digitalparanoid
@Shadow Right, forgot about

@Shadow Right, forgot about the crossbows.

Suade
Suade's picture
Well then can some very

Well then can some very helpful person please link or post a tutorial on what to clean in Dawnguard.esm, if we decide to use it? :) For the lesser experienced people. I'm still getting a hang of TES5Edit myself. 

Suade
Suade's picture
Well then can some very

sorry- double post. 

Mehh
Mehh's picture
http://www.creationkit.com/TE

http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Mod_Cleaning_Tutorial
Here ya go, it's actually really easy to do. I suggest you backup your Dawnguard esm if you decide to do it.

Suade
Suade's picture
Thanks Mehh Okay I understand

Thanks Mehh :)

Okay I understand the dirty edits and identical matches that you can clean, but what are all these red values? And what can I do about them?

According to that link, when you apply filter for cleaning you should just see green values on your esm's right? But I have a lot of red ones too:

Suade
Suade's picture
Also, when I load

Also, when I load morrowind_sk.esm, I noticed that it doesn't load skyrim with it. Do I have to load them both? 

I did, and when I applied filter for cleaning, nothing came up. Everything looked the same. So I tried to remove some "identical to master records" and some were removed, but I see no green or red. 

What can I do to clean this mod?? Thanks!

Mehh
Mehh's picture
If I recall, red should mean

If I recall, red should mean conflicts. If you load the empty Skywind file it should load Morrowind/Skyrim/Update I think. As for cleaning the Morrowind master file, I have no idea. When I cleaned the test Morrowind master it deleted a bunch of empty cells.

Suade
Suade's picture
Conflicts? I don't understand

Conflicts? I don't understand why I have so many conflicts if I'm loading just Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm and Hearthfires.esm. 

And yea, I don't think our mod is ready for cleaning yet. I cleaned it and found a lot of empty spaces in game.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Found the same. It's either

Found the same. It's either the master or the program isn't advance enough.

Suade
Suade's picture
Idk then, when I look at the

Idk then, when I look at the pictures on the tutorial or on other video tutorials, when the main .esm files are loaded they only show green. I wonder if somehow they are corrupted? But they work fine. 

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Shadow,Could you update your

Shadow,

Could you update your link to the master [2 in your instructions] to the link below please,as that is now the one that I will be using for updates.

http://morroblivion.com/forums/skywind/skywind-mod-releases/2972

Thanks in advance.

Ironman.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Sure thing.

Sure thing.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Shadow,sorry if you have

Shadow,sorry if you have already corrected it,but your link is still going to the wrong thread,it should now go to the "skywind master download & info" thread. http://morroblivion.com/forums/skywind/skywind-mod-releases/2972

Gabrielman (not verified)
Gabrielman's picture
Hello everyone! My name, as

Hello everyone! My name, as you may see, is Gabrielman, and being a huge fan of Morrowind, and all the Elder Scrolls, I had no real choice but to give this mod a try (well, I did, but what kind of a fan would I be if I didn't?).

Anywho, had a problem, and I installed just as the instructions said, and can't for the life of me fix it. Skyrim won't start past the Bethesda screen when the mod file is selected, while not running any mods. Not sure what is going on, nor how to fix it.

As I said, I did what the install instructions said, to a key, but to no avail. Not sure if it is a problem with my setting on my computer, my system, or what have you, but if you have any ideas, let me know what you think.

If it makes a difference, there was no water texture folder to delete.... the sky one was there though.

Thanks in advance and you have my full support!

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Shadow has not updated the

Shadow has not updated the first post in this thread yet,so you might be installing V_08,we are at V_10 now and the link to my download page is:

Download V_10,not V_08.

And when you have installed it using the installer,tick only SkyWind.esm in the launcher.

From the main menu press [tilde] console key and type "cow AND_wrldmorrowind -5 -5

The instructions are on my download & info page.

But make sure that you install all the other stuff too.

Gabrielman's picture
ironman12345 wrote:Shadow
ironman12345 wrote:

Shadow has not updated the first post in this thread yet,so you might be installing V_08,we are at V_10 now and the link to my download page is:

Download V_10,not V_08.

And when you have installed it using the installer,tick only SkyWind.esm in the launcher.

From the main menu press [tilde] console key and type "cow AND_wrldmorrowind -5 -5

The instructions are on my download & info page.

But make sure that you install all the other stuff too.

funny you should say that, I had seen your other posts about him having the wrong link in before, so I used yours, lol. I could download it again and run it again of course, as that may just work.... it has in the past for some things. Not sure why, but hey, I aint tech savy (yes I said aint..... I am ashamed...)

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Np,being none tech savvy is

Np,being none tech savvy is nothing to be ashamed off,who the hell wants to be a whiz kid these days.:)

It should work,just make sure you have all the latest stuff installed and only tick SkyWind.esm.

Gabrielman's picture
ironman12345 wrote:Np,being
ironman12345 wrote:

Np,being none tech savvy is nothing to be ashamed off,who the hell wants to be a whiz kid these days.:)

It should work,just make sure you have all the latest stuff installed and only tick SkyWind.esm.

LOL I was ashamed about saying aint, trying to get the redneck out of me.... it's.... impossible...

Anyway, I am redownloading it as we speak, and will try it again, I will get back to you with the results tomorrow.

Good night everyone!

EDIT: tried it, and it worked up until I used the cow and_wrldmorrowind -5 -5 command, went to a loading screen, then crashed..... will read the FAQ's and get back to ya.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
It`s a long shot,but try

It`s a long shot,but try ticking morrowind_sk.esm & SkyWind.esm in the launcher the first time.

If you get in make a new save,then the next time only tick SkyWind.esm,and try to load your save.

And try cow AND_wrldmorrowind -5 -5 instead of and_wrldmorrowind -5 -5

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
First post updated for minor

First post updated for minor changes today 8th Nov 2012.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Oops, completely forgot to

Oops, completely forgot to change that about Skywind.esm.  :)

And congrats on Moderator status Ironman.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Thanks Shadow,being a

Thanks Shadow,being a moderator ain`t a big deal to me,but I guess it is handy.:)

Your install thread is great,one edited link is nothing.LOL.

Gabrielman
Gabrielman's picture
ironman12345 wrote:It`s a

ironman12345 wrote:

It`s a long shot,but try ticking morrowind_sk.esm & SkyWind.esm in the launcher the first time.

If you get in make a new save,then the next time only tick SkyWind.esm,and try to load your save.

And try cow AND_wrldmorrowind -5 -5 instead of and_wrldmorrowind -5 -5

No dice on that. These things happen. Anymore ideas?

Also, why does it say I am not verified, it wouldn't let me log in for a while...

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Gabrielman,I have

Gabrielman,

I have re-downloaded the master installer,to test that it is working,and it worked fine for me.

Firstly I had all the same mods ticked that I normally use and also ticked Skywind.esm,used cow AND_wrldmorrowind -5 -5 from the menu screen got to Balmora with no problems.

Then I tried going to a save in Skyrim,and  used cow AND_wrldmorrowind -5 -5,still worked.

Lastly I just loaded a save in morrowind and it still worked.

Have you updated your Skyrim install to the latest version through steam yet [1.8xxx] I think.?

Sorry but I can`t help you more as it works fine for me.

Are others having any problems.?

Madara
Madara's picture
Hi everyone,I have a

Hi everyone,

I have a problem.

Everything works fine, but when i start new game and use cow AND_wrldmorrowind -5 -5 i have a black screen and just hear sound of "new location found". I tried decrease details, but its not help. If I try save game, my game will crash.

Any ideas?

(btw sorry for my bad english)

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Can you get into your Skyrim

Can you get into your Skyrim saves,?,if so try the cow AND_wrldmorrowind -5 -5 ingame,then save a new save.

Can you load your normal skyrim saves if skywind.esm is not ticked.?

Madara
Madara's picture
ironman12345 wrote:Can you

ironman12345 wrote:

Can you get into your Skyrim saves,?,if so try the cow AND_wrldmorrowind -5 -5 ingame,then save a new save.

Can you load your normal skyrim saves if skywind.esm is not ticked.?

Thank you for fast reply.

In new game, I use cow AND_wrldmorrowind -4 -5 and then cow AND_wrldmorrowind -5 -5 and it works! I must say: its really awesome!

I have small question, I did not read all on forum, but...is there any npcs in game? In Balmora I dont see anyone including strider and I cant go to the buildings.

Cant wait for the final version, because in my opinion - morrowind is so much better then skyrim :)

Mehh
Mehh's picture
No npcs yet, they're still

No npcs yet, they're still being worked on.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
You can use the doors if you

You can use the doors if you download and use doors.esp and for place makers use mapmarkers.esp.

http://morroblivion.com/forums/conversion-to-skyrim/conversion-to-skyrim/2696

They will proberly be merged soon,then you will not needs to tick the esps,but at this time they are not merged.

And install these too.

http://morroblivion.com/forums/conversion-to-skyrim/conversion-to-skyrim/2691

Mehh
Mehh's picture
For some reason I could never

For some reason I could never get Skywind Beautification to work 100% The music works(sometimes), the trees are fixed, but there isn't any grass... I've installed it all properly, but no grass. Hell, I've already re-installed Skyrim to try and get it to work before, but no dice.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Umm! can`t think of any

Umm! can`t think of any reason for that Mehh,have you installed all the files and ticked the esp.?

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
Doors.esp has now been merged

Doors.esp has now been merged into Skywind.esp,tested it ingame with no esp ticked and the doors to and from interiors work fine.:)

I will update the missing ones when sorrow fixes them over the christmas break.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Yep. I must've reinstalled

Yep. I must've reinstalled that mod like 20 times before ragequitting. I made sure the file was ticked for sure.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
There is another file at the

There is another file at the top of the thread and it is indicating that we won`t need the beautification files if we use it.

Come to think about it my tree`s are still blocky,but I have grass [brown color].

Pages

Topic locked