Pages

285 posts / 0 new
Last post
CAMILOSTATIS
CAMILOSTATIS's picture
Differences

Whats the difference between the masterfile and the meshes and textures files? (not the LOD ones)

CAMILOSTATIS
CAMILOSTATIS's picture
lod files

also where do you put the lod files?

CAMILOSTATIS
CAMILOSTATIS's picture
skywind.esm file

morrowind is not reading my .esm file..i noticed bloodmoon and tribunal had .bsa files, do I need one for skywind too? when I put skywind.esm in the morrowind datefiles folder, the datafiles option doesnt even come up and i get this error

LoadTESinfo() in constructor failed with error:

If I click ok anyway the game starts but says skyrim.esm is not a valid TES file

Frozen
Frozen's picture
answer to this is in your
Shadow
Shadow's picture
The files contained with the

The files contained with the masterfile are updates.

And seriously guys, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!!!!

Flaniga3
Flaniga3's picture
Great Guide, few small errors

Great guide, super easy to install. I'm new to the forums here so I'm not sure where to post this, but there seem to be a few missing textures/meshes. A lot of my trees are just... purple. I've only spent about 45 minutes exploring, so this may not be the only issue. I'm also having the same problem a few other folks are having getting the map to work.

Other than those small issues, this looks great. I'm really excited for the full version. So far, I've noticed no compatibility issues with my 35+ Skyrim mods. Can't wait to explore Morrowind again. 

Flaniga3
Flaniga3's picture
Nevermind the map part,

Nevermind the map part, forgot to add to my .ini file. Just the trees now.

no1
no1's picture
love it

i never playt morrowind and love the elder scroll so i love what u al doing playt morroblivion good work jut got skywind working got same things as flaniga 3 purple tree and no map but its looking soooo good and i knowe it isnt finisht  i really want tot see this when complete  

and if i was any good at this i would help u guys  maby later if i ever get the hang of modding

also i am intrestit in what u al gone do whit the mobs 

and sorry for bad English

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Flaniga3 wrote: Great guide,

Flaniga3 wrote:

Great guide, super easy to install. I'm new to the forums here so I'm not sure where to post this, but there seem to be a few missing textures/meshes. A lot of my trees are just... purple. I've only spent about 45 minutes exploring, so this may not be the only issue. I'm also having the same problem a few other folks are having getting the map to work.

Other than those small issues, this looks great. I'm really excited for the full version. So far, I've noticed no compatibility issues with my 35+ Skyrim mods. Can't wait to explore Morrowind again.

The purple trees mean you're missing textures.
Flaniga3
Flaniga3's picture
Yep.

Yeah that's what I figured, ha. Are there still a few things missing from the actual texture packs provided in the installation thread? Or did I accidentally delete or replace something somewhere? 

When the option arose as I was merging the folders, I just selected "Yes To All" when notified that files already existed in my data and sub folders. I figured I've explored Skyrim so much, I just want to see Morrowind so I didn't care what was overwritten. I know there is still a significant amount of work to be done here, so it's not surprising if there are a few purple trees. I just want to be sure I installed it properly. I'm going to try unzipping the files again. 

@no1: The map works perfectly if you add:

[MapMenu] sMapCloudNIF=0 fMapWorldMaxPitch=400.0000 fMapWorldYawRange=400.0000 uLockedObjectMapLOD=8 uLockedTerrainLOD=8   to your Skyrim.ini file, and it looks incredible. Again, great work to all who have contributed to this project. It's really coming along.
Shadow
Shadow's picture
Those textures should be

Those textures should be fixed in the next release.  There was a temporary fix somewhere, but I don't know where it is at the moment.  Thanks for the support!

Adam Rychter
Adam Rychter's picture
Does not work :-(

I have followed your installation guide and activated Skywind.esm in data files, but when i try to get to WrldMorrowind i am told that it does not exist in WordSpaces. What should i do? Reinstall or are there some tweeks? Thanks for reply.  

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Try this go to the following

Try this go to the following directory "Your username/AppData/Local/Skyrim" In that folder you should see a file called "plugins.txt". First make a copy of "plugins.txt", then open it and add Skywind.esm under where it says "# Please do not modify this file."(yes I see the irony lol).

Now load your Skyrim Launcher and at the title screen(don't start a new game or load up your saves), hit your ` key to bring up the console and type in without quotes "cow wrldmorrowind -5 -5"

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Start
Ensgnblack
Ensgnblack's picture
Shadow

Shadow wrote:

Data\LODSettings

I have no such folder "LODSettings" in my Skyrim folder.  Am I missing something right in front of me?

And as this is my first post, let me say thank you all so much for your hard work, I have been following this page  for months.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
If you lack it, create it!

If you lack it, create it!

Ensgnblack
Ensgnblack's picture
Oh ok; of course it is that

Oh ok; of course it is that simple.  I shall try that once the new master is out.  Thanks.

no1
no1's picture
?? -_- ??

plaese explian step 5 beter i dont realy get the LOD stuf and many seem to have same troubel

like were to put it and howe to get it working 

i dont knowe if u expliant it in the comments so dont get mad if i mist it for the rest good giude i think i got it working as it should for the rest

skyrim.ine whats that can i aet it  T_ T   i dont knowe were to find it i probely feel stupid when i find it 

Frozen
Frozen's picture
skyrim.ini is in

skyrim.ini is in documents/mygames/skyrim and I recommend putting that in instructions since many people have problems finding it

everything else just put in your skyrim/data and keep the folder structure that is in rar archives

folders should be

skyrim/data/meshes

skyrim/data/textures

skyrim/data/LODsettings

no1
no1's picture
thats the info i need thanks

thats the info i need thanks frozen

Shadow
Shadow's picture
OP has been edited to add

OP has been edited to add some new information.

joshx336
joshx336's picture
Skywind Help

So Morroblivion had a installer to place the Morrowind files in Oblivion data files..Why isn't there one for Skywind and if not need do I need to place the Files from Morrowind into Skyrim data to get this to work..Please someone let me know something ASAP..I'm really wanting to try this out!!! NM..I got everything working great..I add a user error..lol..Morrowind never looked so great..This was really easy to install and I can't wait for a full release and even more Skyoblivion :)

undeadgaming320
undeadgaming320's picture
HALP!!!

I installed the mod and checked it in the mod manager and the data files, but when I open the game it takes me to Skyrim. What do I do???

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
I installed the mod and

I installed the mod and checked it in the mod manager and the data files, but when I open the game it takes me to Skyrim. What do I do???

You have to use the command console to enter in a command to get to the Morrowind world. Hit the tilde key ~ on your keyboard. Its usually near the top left of your keyboard. It should open up the command console. Now type in:

cow wrldmorrowind 5,5

Mehh
Mehh's picture
undeadgaming320 wrote:I

undeadgaming320 wrote:

You re-read step 7 of the install guide of course.
Pandamoneus
Pandamoneus's picture
skyrim data folder

sorry if this has been covered alrdy but didnt see a relevant post.  can you specify what you mean by skyrim data folder? the one holding the save folder or the one with the mods (nexus etc).  this is for step 4 i believe

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
This is most often

This is most often Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim but obviously Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\data folder in case of mods or textures, meshes folders etc...

stijmunkey
stijmunkey's picture
Contributor
Donor
The main data folder that you
The main data folder that you would have any other mods in, like mods from the nexus
stijmunkey
stijmunkey's picture
Contributor
Donor
Ya use the 2nd file path that
Ya use the 2nd file path that digital posted
Pandamoneus
Pandamoneus's picture
thank you for the help. now

thank you for the help.

now if i can just figure out what i did wrong to make everything colored white >.>

williamtheundea...
williamtheundeadoverlord's picture
How do you install the exe

Can you help me with this problem when I install the skywind i cant ran the exe its only a esp file

matthew isenhour (not verified)
matthew isenhour's picture
video

please make a install video

Mehh
Mehh's picture
If you need a video to

If you need a video to explain to you how to add an esm, a mesh folder, and a texture folder to your data folder, you should probably wait for a until we have an installer.

tehdez
tehdez's picture
Textures

No textures, everything except grass and ground purple, building/trees/area around Balmora, though they have the correct shape. All files described in the post at http://morroblivion.com/forums/skyrim/skywind-mod-releases/3323 downloaded and extracted into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data
Running no mods, tested with and without DLC esms active.
If I derped at any point please let me know

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Sounds like your meshes are

Sounds like your meshes are fine, but not your textures. Try re-doing step 3.

tehdez
tehdez's picture
Textures

Clean install of Skyrim. Downloaded:
Masterfile, Mesh Download, Texture Download, Music Download, Sounds Download, Texture Update #1
Extracted all and placed inside Data folder
Did the same with the LOD
​modified the Skyrim.ini file
Is there something I'm missing here?

zilav
zilav's picture
Contributor
AFAIK textures archive

AFAIK textures archive doesn't have a "texture" folder, so if you just unpacked into Data it'll be in a wrong place. Should be Data\textures.

tehdez
tehdez's picture
So the files from

So the files from SkywindTexturesAlpha.rar don't go into Skyrim\Data, they need to be placed in the textures folder, making it Skyrim\Data\Textures\morrowind?

Frozen
Frozen's picture
yes that is correct

yes that is correct path

sadly that texture folder is missing in that archive

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
tehdez,Looking at the list

tehdez,

Looking at the list you have installed,you have the textures update #1,but I think that you need to install the main texture archive before installing the update,it is the first download on the textures download thread.?

Note:Opps! sorry ignore the above,I see that you have installed the main textures.

TonyB500
TonyB500's picture
Um, will the Solstheim in

Um, will the Solstheim in Bloodmoon be made optional since Solstheim is also in Dragonborn? Cause once Dragonborn's released I'm worried that there might be some problems involving it.

Gregthegen
Gregthegen's picture
Well

Honestly if it were possible to port solstheim from dragonborn to skywind, then overlay, cut and paste skywind areas and dungons back onto the copy inside the skywind worldspace and delete any 4th era models... might make for some continuity. then again, the dragonborn era solsthiem is 200 years later.... 

Honestly updating the interior of the northern ice caves and ground mesh...

ya know what. whatever plans skywind team has for solstheim i am going to support. :D Kinda wishing the companion vilja modder ported her 3rd era vilja to skywind, but alas :)  TBH the Companion Vilja mod is what got me interested in morrwind and made me buy the game in the first place. And now the team is recreating morrowind before my very eyes *tears up* sniff...

Best wishes and looking forward to seeing how you decide to use dragonborn with this.

williamtheundea...
Help

I know how to get it running but its only a esp file when I download it  

its not a exe. file

williamtheundea...
Armor for morrowind npcs

And also can anyone tell me where i can get morrowind armor for my npcs and morrowind weapons and if they aren't added can someone please tell me so i dont look like a idiot any more and i already im :'(

Mehh
Mehh's picture
It's actually a .esm file,

It's actually a .esm file, and it goes into your data folder. Our Skywind npcs are nekkid atm, because our armors aren't finished yet. As for the weapons, some should be there already.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
williamtheundead, You need to

williamtheundead,

You need to follow the installing instructions to the letter in the first post,the master is an ESM file not an ESP.

And you need to install all of the other stuff mentioned in that post,without missing out anything.

The line that states "Try re-installing morrowind if you get errors" is at this time not revelent as it was used when we used an exe installer some time ago,but has been left there due to the fact that an installer may be used at a later date.

If you follow the install instructions closely you should have no problems.

TonyB500
TonyB500's picture
I think I'll test it out for

I think I'll test it out for myself once Dragonborn is released. I have several different theories.

The theory that I think will be the most likely to happen is that Skywind's Solstheim will be a separate worldspace from Dragonborn's Solstheim. If that's the case then there shouldn't be any problems. However, it will seem a little strange. XD

My other theory would be that the worldspaces would end up combining into one, which could lead to some severe lag and most likely a lot of crashes. If that happens, then Skywind's Solsteheim will have somehow be made into separate content from the master file.

The last theory is probably the least likely, and that's one Solstheim overriding the other. This could lead to other texture and mesh problems and such if not all the files from one Solstheim are overidden.

Either way, we won't know for sure until February 5th. It's certainly something that will have to be expirimented with.

TonyB500
TonyB500's picture
Also, does anyone know when

Also, does anyone know when the crashing that occurs when approaching items in interiors will be resolved? Or the crashing that happens when fast traveling to certain locations (so far it's only happened to me with Tel Naga)? I understand things will take time, I'm just curious since I'm new here. Xp

Frozen
Frozen's picture
I don't see why there should

I don't see why there should be any problems it will be completely different worldspaces (and there shouldn't be any problems if they are named differently) , its 200 years different after all. And it would be problem mixing them because of different quest and npc. There would have to be some time travel to connect skyrim's and skywind's Solstheim

grumpycat
grumpycat's picture
Well TonyB500, the other

Well TonyB500, the other theory is that quantum mechanics will in fact mean that they will cancel each other out! The player will be left with neither Dragonborn nor Morrowind Solstheim.

...well that would have been something else, but they are in their own world spaces and have separate graphics so business as usual.

Pages

Topic locked