Pages

285 posts / 0 new
Last post
TonyB500
TonyB500's picture
Okay, but I have another

Okay, but I have another question. I apologize if this makes me sound like a complete idiot, but how do you travel to Morrowind, and how do you travel to Cyrodiil (I also have Skyblivion installed)?

Frozen
Frozen's picture
for now use console command

for now use console commands as they are in instructions

TonyB500
TonyB500's picture
For Cyrodiil, alright. but

For Cyrodiil, alright. but for Vvardenfell? Uh-uh. I created a way to travel there and back from Windhelm.

Although now I've encountered a new problem. Does anyone else have their game crash when they approach or fast travel to Sadrith Mora or Tel Naga?

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Yea, those are one of the

Yea, those are one of the exterior crash spots we've been trying to solve. I think Sadrith Mora, Wolvarine Hall(might have been fixed) and Ald-Ruhn. Crashes are still quite rare in exterior.

TonyB500
TonyB500's picture
Ald-Ruhn? No, you must be

Ald-Ruhn? No, you must be talking about Wolverine Hall or Tel Naga, because Ald-Ruhn didn't crash for me, and I went there several times. Sadrith Mora and Tel Naga were the only outdoor locations that crashed for me. And I have a crapload of mods downloaded and Sadrith Mora was still where the only crash happened, and thankfully I know my mods aren't the problem since everyone else has that same crashing problem in that area.

Still, there has to be a reason why it keeps crashing. When I tried walking there, my game got hit with a heavy ampunt of lag right before it crashed. So maybe there's too much stuff there? I don't know. Maybe the problem is just something simple.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Ald-Ruhn crashes for some,

Ald-Ruhn crashes for some, but doesn't crash for others, I think it has to do with either the stairs, or the Silt Strider dock, and also isn't a 100% crash.
Wolverine hall used to crash due to missing crates, but I'm sure that was fixed. Sadrith Mora crashed before because of collision in the dock, also I think the door to the the inn near the dock can sometimes cause a crash.

As for the lag, no idea, might have to do with the lighting. I know the lag in some interiors can kill FPS, and some of the forts at night times can sometimes drop my frames due to the lighting.

williamtheundea...
williamtheundeadoverlord's picture
Weapon files are in data files

I have all the files needed i guess you have to use console to get them  i guess you guys haven't equipped them to the npcs that's what i was asking if i was missing some file that equips weapons and armor to npcs because i've seen other people with morrowind armor and morrowind weapons on this forum. But im guessing that they used console to get them ?

williamtheundea...
Morrowind Imperial armor

Also I found some mods out there that look like morrowind imperial armor 

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3099

and this one. This one is better and looks more like the morrowind imperial armor 

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6085

And I think theres some oblivion looking imperial armor in there to.

Chriscraig
Chriscraig's picture
please help!!!!

okay so i have followed this to the letter, and everytime i go tothe morrowind part of the game i can see the water and people and animals but the ground and everything is black its just a big black mess of a ground what did i do wrong?

williamtheundea...
Nvm

Never mind they're in there but when i downloaded them weren't downloaded correctly xD i looked it up and got those links

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Um, land textures weren't

Um, land textures weren't deleted.  The Project release thread contains EVERYTHING YOU NEED.  If it didn't work, either you followed the instructions wrong, or your download became corrupted.

We don't just forget something as big as land textures.

williamtheundea...
Sorry shadow

I didnt know they're in there how do you get them without using mediafire than ?

williamtheundea...
Anyways I had to find them

Anyways I had to find them the hard way shadow and looked it up and found the files on mediafire.

viciouslys
viciouslys's picture
Hi guys, i just followed the

Hi guys, i just followed the tutorial and that work, but there is only Balmora and Caldera, NPC are nude and there is no other town (like vivec) nor animals .. Did i miss something ? 

I downloaded theses files :

Skywind Texture Update 1.rar

SkywindTexturesAlpha.rar

SkywindMeshesBetav0.1.rar

Skywind Music.rar

Morrowind sounds.rar

SkywindJan19a.rar

Skywind LODSettings.rar

Skywind LOD Textures.rar

Skywind LOD Meshes.rar

And extract all in my skyrim datafolder (with the original folders structure found in rar  ..\data\texture\morrowind ... \data\meshes\morrowind...)

williamtheundea...
There is no armor in

There is no armor in morrowind yet well there is but its skyrim models and the armor isn't equipped on the npcs i had the same problem than i found that out. Ohh and shadow did you check out the morrowind styled imperial armor :)

viciouslys
viciouslys's picture
williamtheundeadoverlord

williamtheundeadoverlord wrote:

There is no armor in morrowind yet well there is but its skyrim models and the armor isn't equipped on the npcs i had the same problem than i found that out. Ohh and shadow did you check out the morrowind styled imperial armor :)

Ok thx, and for the other town like sadrith mora, vivec ... and animal and dungeon ? 

As soon i left balmora or caldera there is only the ground without tree nor animals but i read bellow that some people have them.

williamtheundea...
No creatures ???

You say you have no creatures hmmm..... I dont know what you did wrong there because you should have animals but there like skyrim modeled animals like the skyrim daedric and the normal styled rat from skyrim like i'll go check out vivec and stuff to see if i have the creatures and ill tell you if i do or not. It might have not been merged into the download yet

viciouslys
viciouslys's picture
Ok that work, i've unchecked

Ok that work, i've unchecked my bashpatch.esp from WryeBash and it's working fine now.

Dont know why.

Very nice mod, i'm craving for the final release :)

vektor
vektor's picture
слушайте может это глупо

я бы хотел если (не затруднить) попросить тех кто знает как устанавливать просто запилит видео как он это делает.

williamtheundea...
Vektor

В прошлом месяце в мире нет ни одного видео к сожалению они не размещаются один или ни один человек не сделал еще не : ' (.

williamtheundea...
Tony

The Dragonborns Solstheim is no where close to the morrowind styled looking one there completely different the skaal village doest look the same as the morrowind skaal village the lands are different there's hardly a lake like in dragonborn the dragonborn solstheim and the morrowind one is different sadly by a long shot.

Gerard
Gerard's picture
I (finally!) found that this

I (finally!) found that this line in Skyrim.ini is causing ctds in exteriors for me at Solstheim and probably some places in Skyrim as well. If you do not touch the second line under [Mapmenu], Morrowind map will still be visible.

uLockedObjectMapLOD=8

Suade
Suade's picture
Just noticed something in

Just noticed something in game today. You can't read books anymore? I know before V0.5 you could, but now when I go to read books the game zooms into their covers and I can't flip any pages.

Just checking if this is a bug on my end or with the current version. Thanks!

Mehh
Mehh's picture
The books were re-done by

The books were re-done by Machine, he added new textures. The newer books are also slightly bigger than the old books, so he had to re-add them the hard way, by placing them all back the CK and replacing the older books placement. The newer books have havok and collision, and open when you throw them on the floor like the Skyrim books and they also just plain look way better.

He hasn't finished them all yet though, he still needs to fix open books, papers and scrolls I think.

miketheratguy
miketheratguy's picture
The project sounds like it's

The project sounds like it's moving along really well. Kudos to you programmers that are better at this stuff than I could ever be. :)

I haven't given Skywind a spin yet. Is it already fully traversible (including the interiors)? Is it mainly just the NPCs and quests that are missing?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Just quests, armor and magic

Just quests, armor and magic missing actually.  Everything else is there in some form.

miketheratguy
miketheratguy's picture
Oh wow, that's even farther

Oh wow, that's even farther than I expected. I guess I should give the download a whirl. You guys are awesome- if I had any money to spare I'd be throwing some in your direction. :)

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Of course, those things I

Of course, those things I mentioned are an extremely large part of the game :)

Oh, and be warned that a lot of clutter doesn't have havok yet.  And the fixes to books haven't been merged yet.

Lorkisen
Lorkisen's picture
Installation folder

Am I supposed to install both Morrowind and Skyrim in the same folder?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
No, just put them in their

No, just put them in their normal directories.

Hablam
Hablam's picture
for some reason i cant get

for some reason i cant get the textures working. it all becomes white/dark square thingies.. mayby ive done something wrong?

Hablam
Hablam's picture
i tried to reinstall skyrim

i tried to reinstall skyrim and now everything in morrowind is white:P any ideas?

fixed it. seems like the files i have downloaded have been corrupted or something

kevinprice21
kevinprice21's picture
I tried to install and I must be stupid

Ok I tried installing this and I obviously did something wrong. Was I supposed to overwrite the meshes and textures folders?

urmonator
urmonator's picture
Impressed and happy

Shadow, I made this account just so I can say this:

I am super impressed with this guide. I know that Skywind is not all your doing, but I want to say thank you for making this available to all of us, without charging anything, at all. 

I also want to thank everyone involved, because I'm sure Shadow is happy to have their help. You guys have done a great job and I can't wait to see this guide evolve and Skywind grow and be perfected. 

Also: Friggin' Cliff Racers, man. 

-urmonator

Pages

Topic locked