23 posts / 0 new
Last post
gidz89
gidz89's picture
Tamriel Rebuilt Map 3 - Sacred East Released! :D

For anyone who still can't get enough of Morrowind (like me) just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the amazing Tamriel Rebuit team have completed and released their third release "Sacred East" and is available here:

http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/42145/

Still so pretty Morrowind eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYkirCi1s8o

RammS
RammS's picture
Ehhh... If we could convert

Ehhh... If we could convert it to the Sky...

gidz89
gidz89's picture
hopefully would be an amazing

hopefully would be an amazing expansion for it, all the assets would of course have to be converted to Oblivion and then Skyrim though. However we wouldn't have to worry about quests as they'll be for Skyrim, so only need to be written once :)

EnvyDeveloper
EnvyDeveloper's picture
And this could mean seamless
And this could mean seamless travelling between morrowind, Cyrodiil and skyrim. A fella can dream... :)
gidz89
gidz89's picture
I'm sure it will be done in

I'm sure it will be done in the future, i'd be willing to work on this myself aswell :)

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Tamriel rebuilt in Skyrim has

Tamriel rebuilt in Skyrim has always been my dream (well before it was in Oblivion).  However, unfortunately it would be extremely difficult.  The .esp converter (Morrowind to Oblivion), was designed to create a single master.  To convert Tamriel rebuilt we would have to convert it into a single master WITH the Morrowind & expansion pack .esm files all together.  This would mean that you would need to manually remove all 70 megabytes or so of data that is not from Tamriel Rebuilt.  However, I have tried converting the first two maps previously, and the converter runs into errors with too many cells, and it may not last the entire way through Tamriel Rebuilt, even if all Morrowind cells are removed prior to conversion.  Then you still have the problem with Tamriel rebuilt being within the Morrowind worldspace, so you would have to find a way to move it.  Don't get me wrong, I would still love to do it, but I think the original converter would need some modifications, which is impossible because we don't have source code.  I know it is a long-shot, but anyone here have the skill to try and tackle these conversion problems?

Clint
Clint's picture
I agree shadow that would be
I agree shadow that would be freaking awesome. I remember a looong time ago, I was able to convert over tamriel rebuilt, but I don't have it anymore. But like you said, even if we had that, it would be near impossible to separate it from Morrowind and would definitely conflict with Morroblivion. It's not impossible, but damn that would be hard. Maybe it might be better just to make a new Morrowind to Oblivion converter?
EnvyDeveloper
EnvyDeveloper's picture
Galdrielle managed to convert
Galdrielle managed to convert over the first map without any problems: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9oAV-TuAqI&feature=youtube_g... I'll try converting over the maps when the time comes. I'll inform you guys of any possible progress. :)
gidz89
gidz89's picture
Very good! Good luck on that!

Very good! Good luck on that! :D

It is possible, the difficulty is separation, if only the converter could convert .esps instead of them being merged.

DIEGIS
DIEGIS's picture
 Im watching Tamriel Rebuilt

Im watching Tamriel Rebuilt site since its appearence like Im doing here. I noticed they somehow finished their job...?! just not sure of that. Also, if Im understanding well, u guys are trying to put TR work into Morroblivion engine  Oblivion...is that true???

Thx alot!

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Well Tamriel Rebuilt is only

Well Tamriel Rebuilt is only around halfway done (3 out of 6 maps i believe?) and yes there's been talks of porting it to Morroblivion, but it is extremely hard to do so if it's going to be done it'll be a long way off yet.

RammS
RammS's picture
Hm guys, I don't work with

Hm guys, I don't work with Morroblivion converter. however, maybe we can do next: create 1 esm file for TR, cut off all realtions with Morrowind.esm and convert them?

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Like an independant .esm?

Like an independant .esm? Could work. :)

EnvyDeveloper
EnvyDeveloper's picture
Tes4gecko has a function
Tes4gecko has a function which can show you similarities between two plugins. Separation is not a key issue - I would be more worried about porting over the new armors and creatures and getting them to work. Oh and oblivion is overheating with just morrowind in there. Can you imagine how much more power the oblivion engine would need to render such a huge province?
gidz89
gidz89's picture
I know, that's why it's

I know, that's why it's probably better for the Creation Engine.

RammS
RammS's picture
I agree, it will be amaing on

I agree, it will be amaing on the Sky's engine, not on the Oblivion's

EnvyDeveloper
EnvyDeveloper's picture
Yeah and soon, we may be able
Yeah and soon, we may be able to WALK to Cyrodiil and skyrim one day, using Ice's teleporting between world spaces. :) :)
Shadow
Shadow's picture
Agreed, Already it runs much

Agreed, Already it runs much better in Skyrim.

Envydeveloper: Actually armor and creatures are dead last on my list.  The absolute number one thing I want is the worldspace, cities and scenery, which the morroblivion converter does quite well.  I wouldn't even care if we took a few years to start working on making it better (for all those who say we have enough work already).

Yeah I look forward to that too.... :)

Ramms: Yeah awhile back I ran maps one and two, but they wouldn't complete because of too many cells, so I manually removed the Morrowind ones before converting.  Unfortunately my new .esm was incompatible with Morroblivion, so I threw it away, plus the Mainland looked kind of strange with objects but empty cells.  If what Envy says about TESGecko is true, then we probably could get it to work though.  I also remember something about a move worldspace function somewhere. If that is correct then we could just put the mainland in a different world.

RammS
RammS's picture
So guys, here is somebody who

So guys, here is somebody who familiar with original morroblivion convertor?

Shadow
Shadow's picture
I used the original once to

I used the original once to convert maps 1 & 2.  All I needed to do was delete all the cells in Morrowind, Bloodmoon, and Tribunal before starting converting.  However, I bet we could somehow optimize settings for using the Skyrim converter afterwards.  I'd much prefer that someone with a lot of experience with the utility would do the converting.

Also, there is the problem with them coming out with new maps later on.  But as long as we kept any improvements we make as a separate .esp we would be fine right?

Gothryd
Gothryd's picture
The idea may be stupid, but

The idea may be stupid, but imo you should ask Anruin if direct conversion from Morrowind to Sky is possible and how much time end efforts it will take to modify his converter for this. At least there's a source code for it.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/People/Map1
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/People/Map2
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/People/Map3

Come on guys, stop being babies! There are only a couple npcs that we'll need to recreate.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/Quests
And here is the quests that Digital can make =D

In all srsness, we should consider this after Morrowind/Oblivion are done. But boy is it going to suck when they release a new map while we're working on an older map.

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
Hey let me finish morrowind

Hey let me finish morrowind quests before recruiting me for other projects ! :P [and you better not talk to my girlfriend about even more quests to convert :D)