13 posts / 0 new
Last post
AllisterHenderson
AllisterHenderson's picture
Morroblivion (v064) Official Load Order

I noticed there was a little confusion initially when, "morroblivion_unified_hotfix_addon.esp", the cumulative merge of the hotfixes came out in regard to the order of it's Masters. The correct load order again came into question in the thread "Ghostgate blocked by shield".

Not wishing to further hijack any of those threads, I created this new topic, in the hopes that a "standard" correct load order of ALL Morroblivion mods can be developed, so we are "all on the same page".

If every user has the same exact load order, then every user will experience the same exact bugs, different load orders my give rise to different bugs.

So I propose that an "official" load order including ALL Morroblivion mods (the Main .esm / .esp's, the Unofficial Patch and ALL the hotfixes (I understand some were not included in the cumulative merge), which plugins are to be loaded after the Bashed_Patch, as well as all of the Optional additional mod .esp's on this website be created by the experienced Modders / staff on this website (I am just a Newbie lol).

Also this "official" load order should be kept current and updated when new Morroblivion mods arise and old mods are outdated and no longer required.

(Hope I am not over-stepping my Place lol)

Edited by: AllisterHenderson on 03/09/2020 - 23:34
oracus0
oracus0's picture
It's not a bad idea, although

It's not a bad idea, although everyone should feel free to test the mods they desire.  As I indicated before, the united hotfix addon needs its masters sorted.  https://morroblivion.com/comment/88471#comment-88471 , and I have uploaded a corrected version.  Otherwise, It is impossible to have all plugins load with a consistent order for their respective masters (one plugin will necessarily remain orange in Wyre Bash without the corrected file).  I can only offer here an order that has worked well for me and has been pretty stable.  You certainly do not need every mod I have, and I have heavily edited Oblivion Reloaded for my personal use.

Once v065 is out, an officially recommended load order will be offered, together with a current list of mods for Morroblivion.

AttachmentSize
Image icon loadorder.png133.93 KB
AllisterHenderson
Thanks oracus0 :)

Thanks oracus0 :)

This is why a standard load order should be available... My master load order is different to yours. My load order is based on the guide published by Diana TES GotH.

Morrowind_ob.esp

Morrowind_ob - Chargen and Transport Mod.esp

Morrowind_ob - Conversation.esp

Morrowind_ob - Morroblivion Maps.esp

Morrowind_ob - MorroblivionTreeReplacer.esp

Morrowind_ob - UCWUS.esp

Also I loaded these two plugins....

Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_Magic_Addon.esp

and........

2018-may-morroblivion-unofficial-patch-magic-addon-Update.esp

These two plugins a loaded after the Bashed Patch as per the "special note" written on the "2020 Morroblivion Unofficial Patch and Cumulative Hotfixes" thread.

AllisterHenderson
Please find a link below to a

Please find a link below to a my "Rough Draft" of an "Official" Morroblivion Plugins Load Order.

This load order is my updated “Morroblivion ONLY” version based on Diana TES GotH most excellent Morroblivion Overhaul guide found here:

https://wiki.step-project.com/index.php?title=User_talk:Dian...

Any updates / changes I have done is not cannon and may not be correct (I am a Newbie).

I encourage that the more experienced Modders & Staff update/correct/edit/delete or do whatever is required to make a correct and standard “official” load order. And a load order that will have on-going updates for any new Morroblivion Mods.

I have only personally tried not even half of these mods, if there are any other optional (or must have) Morroblivion Mods I have not mentioned in this list, please make a comment about it and with the help of the experienced Modders & Staff available, can determine an “official” load order for that plugin.

Unfortunately I was only able to give a link to a picture of my load order and not upload any editable document.

https://imgur.com/a/neqG9XK

oracus0
oracus0's picture
And don't forget about Diana

And don't forget about Diana TES GotH's guide and load order!

https://wiki.step-project.com/index.php?title=User_talk:Dian...

AllisterHenderson
Apparently according to the

Apparently according to the thread :

https://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion-mod-releases/20...

v065 could be ready for release by the end of March, early April this year, which will make this load order for v064 thread useless as everyone will be moving from v064 to v065, and no doubt some of the Morroblivion mods won't even work for v065.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Contributor
I disagree.  Gathering

I disagree.  Gathering information regarding mods and their load-order compatibilities is an important, worthwhile effort.  This data can act as a template for creating an official v065 recommended load order / mod compatibility list.  It will give is vital information regarding where to direct our testing efforts to figure out which mods need compatibility patches, which will work out of the box, etc.

Instead of focusing on a load-order with absolute-positioning of each mod in a list, I recommend you focus on creating a list with relative-positioning of each mod in relation to each other,  using BOSS/LOOT rules.  Examples:

• The Morroblivion Unofficial Magic Addon needs to go after the Bashed Patch.  This can be added as a rule to the BOSS userlist.txt with these lines:

ADD: Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_Magic_Addon.esp
BOTTOM: Post Bashed Patch

• The Unified HotFix Addon needs to be placed after the Morroblivion Unofficial Patch. You can add a BOSS rule for it like this:

ADD: Morroblivion_Unified_Hotfix_Addon.esp
AFTER: Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch.esp

• Mods which change the worldspace map need to be placed near the bottom of the load-order so that any landscape/worldspace modifying mods will not over-ride it.  If that mod is named "WorldspaceMapMod.esp", it can be done with a BOSS rule like this:

ADD: WorldspaceMapMod.esp
BOTTOM: Map Changes

AllisterHenderson
Ok ponyrider0, you make a

Ok ponyrider0, you make a good point. So whatever official load order gets established for v064, can also be used for v065, or atleast slightly modified for v065, and hopefully most of the other mods for v064 can also be used for v065.

I know that absolute-positioning for each mod is probably considered extreme and unnecessary, I just feel that if everyone uses the same load order, it would be easier to troubleshoot bugs. For example the last 4 load orders I saw for just the Morroblivion Master files alone, from 4 different people had a different load order, shown here:

https://imgur.com/PW3p0RN

Two of those people were modders who both created their own version of the Morroblivion Unified Hotfix Addon which was each based on THEIR own load order. If there is no "official load order", the chances of someone using "ONE OF" the available Unified Hotfix Addon's and also not having the correct load order of masters and thus being more unstable is quite high. One of the modders said, "You need to have your masters sorted" But sorted to which order exactly?...... how many other additional mods have the order of the masters in a different order to each other.

Even with the new hotfixes, is the order this:

1. Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch.esp
  2. Morrob_tarvyn_faren.esp
  3. Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_defaultmap_fix.esp
  4. Morroblivion_Unified_Hotfix_Addon.esp

or is it this

1. Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch.esp
  2. Morroblivion_Unified_Hotfix_Addon.esp
  3. Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_defaultmap_fix.esp
  4. Morrob_tarvyn_faren.esp

Which order will modders use when they build their mods, will a different order give different bugs or be more unstable.......

oracus0
oracus0's picture
You left the conversation out

You left the conversation.esp out from my load order.  It is present and necessary.  And the hotfix addon needs to go below the unofficial patch, since it relies on it as a master.  My version of the hotfix is not based on my load order, but on consistency between the order of masters in the hotfix and the patch, and is automatically sorted by TES4Edit.  Tarvyn is such a trivial patch it can go anywhere.  Wyre Bash will highlight it in green, meaning it can be merged into a bashed patch if you want to reduce the number of your plugins.  We can give recommended load orders, but in the end it is up to each player to determine the best one for the mods used. And, I know once I find a load order that works for me, I have no real desire to change it, which is why my order looks the way it does:  I had determined it before I looked at other suggestions, and it works!  If all of the people you listed, who are using and modding Morroblivion, have functional games, then I think you should agree that a rigidly exact mod order for everything is not, strictly speaking, necessary.

AllisterHenderson
Sorry oracus0 for incorrectly

Sorry oracus0 for incorrectly representing your load order, please find the link below to the corrected load order comparison based on the load order you previously provided.

https://imgur.com/a/OWJLH6i

So your hotifx is the correct version because it's order of masters matches the order of masters in the Morroblivion Unofficial Patch.

Ok, I will use your version. So the ACTUAL correct load order of masters for the Morroblivion Unofficial Patch plus Morroblivion Unified Hotfix Addon is :

1. Oblivion.esm
  2. Morrowind_ob.esm
  3. Morrowind_ob - Chargen and Transport Mod.esp
  4. Morrowind_ob - UCWUS.esp

Which means that 50% of people in my comparison load order had it wrong.... and this is only a few plugins, not even including the multitude of other plugins.

So the reason why Nivek's game was crashing when installing the Unofficial Patch and the Hotfix... here:

https://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion-problems/ghostg...

.....is because Nivek's masters load order was incorrect. And then Nivek used the Unified Hotfix from Daggerfall who had a different but also incorrect load order of masters.

In regards to the Morrob_tarvyn_faren.esp, you said it can go anywhere but I am assuming you mean anywhere after the Morroblivion Unofficial Patch but before the Bashed Patch.... Is that true also for the Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_defaultmap_fix.

If Tarvyn is a trivial patch could I use something like "Mator's Merge Plugins" (works for Oblivion too) found here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905

to manually merge it into the hotfix addon myself... could I also merge the default map fix too. (I have successfully used this merge utility to merge other Oblivion plugins in the past to avoid the 255 plug-in limit). In fact most of my plugins that Wyre Bash highlighted as green, as you stated, means it can be merged into the bashed patch, I figured was also safe to just make another merged plugin, and merge all these highlighted green plugins into that.

oracus0
oracus0's picture
The load order would only be

The load order would only be "wrong" if you add the Unofficial Patch, which has a specific order for masters.  If you violate that order, instability is a possible side effect.  The order for the masters which is specified in the Unofficial Patch should also be followed in United Hotfix, or, again, instability is a possible side effect.  The only way to tell if Nivek's instability issue was actually the result of the order of masters would be to test it, but, yes, I think there is a good chance that the issue would be solved by a consistent order for masters being specified in both the Unofficial Patch and the United Hotfix, and that order followed in the load order.

AllisterHenderson
oracus0 -> Thanks for that :)

oracus0 -> Thanks for that :).... I will use your version of the hotfix add-on and place it directly under the Unofficial patch..... then the other two minor hotfixes ;Tarvyn & default map fix I will load straight after your hotfix.

AllisterHenderson
Morroblivion Improved.esp has

Morroblivion Improved.esp has been reported to conflict with Morrowind_ob-Chargen and Transport Mod.esp. The conflict was reported to cause the census office door to not open. The conflict (census office door locked) was resolved by loading Morroblivion Improved before Morrowind_ob - Chargen and Transport and just after Morrowind_ob.esp i.e.

Morrowind_ob.esp
Morroblivion Improved.esp
Morrowind_ob - Chargen and Transport Mod.esp

Reference : https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/49190?tab=posts