Pages

115 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bullfrog
Bullfrog's picture
Does anyone else still

Does anyone else still experience issues with collisions in Daedric shrines?

I entered Ashalmimilkala. Down the curved stairs was a Daedroth. It charged towards me and I killed it with a spell. The dead creature fell through the stairs.

The NPC "Meryaran" came running for me and knocked me to the ground while I was on the stairs. I fell through the floor and slid down the stairs, but actually "under the stairs". I couldn't get up anymore after that and had to reload the previous save.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Bullfrog wrote:

Bullfrog wrote:

Does anyone else still experience issues with collisions in Daedric shrines?

I entered Ashalmimilkala. Down the curved stairs was a Daedroth. It charged towards me and I killed it with a spell. The dead creature fell through the stairs.

The NPC "Meryaran" came running for me and knocked me to the ground while I was on the stairs. I fell through the floor and slid down the stairs, but actually "under the stairs". I couldn't get up anymore after that and had to reload the previous save.

Confirmed: the first stairs have correct collision, but the first platform at the base of the stairs has a collision bug.  I'm assuming it's a reversed normals problem... will try to track down the NIF and fix immediately...

EDIT: confirmed collision normal bug.  NIF file fixed and hotfix is posted in the second post of this thread.

Bullfrog
Bullfrog's picture
Wow, that was a quick fix. I

Wow, that was a quick fix. I just tested it with the old save and can confirm that it is working fine.

Thank you very much! :)

Frohwalt
Frohwalt's picture
I entered Sorkvild the Raven

I entered Sorkvild the Raven's Tower near Dagon Fel, and killed him and all his henchmen.

When I try to collect my rightful booty of stuff lying around, a lot of it is marked as stolen items.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Frohwalt wrote:

Frohwalt wrote:

I entered Sorkvild the Raven's Tower near Dagon Fel, and killed him and all his henchmen.

When I try to collect my rightful booty of stuff lying around, a lot of it is marked as stolen items.

I just checked the original Morrowind.esm and you are in fact wrong: it is not your rightful booty, but is rightfully the property of Sorkvild the Raven.  There may be a discrepancy for how Morrowind handles ownership of items when the original owner dies, however, Oblivion's engine maintains that the original owner is still the original owner even when he dies.  If you want to change this behavior, then that would be an additional mod NOT a bugfix.

Frohwalt
Frohwalt's picture
ponyrider0 wrote:

ponyrider0 wrote:

--- it is not your rightful booty, but is rightfully the property of Sorkvild the Raven.

Thanks, tough luck for me - so I will have to sort it out with Sorkvild's heirs, if I ever meet any.
Frohwalt
Frohwalt's picture
Ever time I try to go to

Every time I try to go to Firemoth, the game crashes.

When I talk to the third of my companions (doesn't matter which one) on the dock of Seyda Neen, the game teleports me and them to a beach (I could see it once) and crashes immediately over there, or in most cases just before.

What can I do ?

PS. When I swim over there, without the companions, I can enter Firemoth island without problems and walk there freely.

Bullfrog
Bullfrog's picture
I have done the Firemoth

I have done the Firemoth quest not long ago, shortly after I arrived from Cyrodill. It was working fine. You may be a victim of the infamous crashes on cell changes. These are very common on the Bitter Coast. I suggest that you do the following:

- go to the guy on the Seyda Neen docks that teleports you to the fort
- save the game
- open the console and enter "pcb". (this purges the cell buffers)
- talk to him and you should be able to get to the island without crashing the game

You will probably experience such crashes in other places, for example northwest of Pelagiad or around Gnisis. I'm currently running my own cell purger mod together with ENBoost 0.259. The game runs pretty stable with it in Morrowind worldspace. I guess any other cell purger mod should help too.

Frohwalt
Frohwalt's picture
This helped, many thanks !

This helped, many thanks !

Orksizdabest
Orksizdabest's picture
Here to report another bug. 

Here to report another bug.  After I completed the Hortator quest line I was also automatically called the Nerevarine of the Ashklans.

Frohwalt
Frohwalt's picture
When I talk to Suryn Athones

When I talk to Suryn Athones in the palace of Justice in Vivec about slanders (Imperial Legion quest), he attacks me (I let him deal the first blows). The other Ordinators around hurry to his help and attack me as well. Having killed Suryn, there is a bounty of 1000 draken on my head and I have gained 1 infamy for murder.

Why is self-defense not accepted here ?

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Frohwalt wrote:

Frohwalt wrote:

When I talk to Suryn Athones in the palace of Justice in Vivec about slanders (Imperial Legion quest), he attacks me (I let him deal the first blows). The other Ordinators around hurry to his help and attack me as well. Having killed Suryn, there is a bounty of 1000 draken on my head and I have gained 1 infamy for murder.

Added to bug report list.  Thanks.

EDIT:

Bug is fixed, but not ideal.  Now all Ordinators will attack Suryn.  Download bugfix v1 in second post.

Frohwalt
Frohwalt's picture
Many thanks, I had his fellow

Many thanks, I had his fellow Ordinators kill Suryn, for immediately resorting to violence when he was only asked a question.

My next quest, finding Saprius Entius, is a bit difficult, as nobody whom I talk to has got the option to ask about his whereabouts. Not even Ordinators in the Arena District. It is not a real problem though, earlier or later, when I explore the whole of  Vivec, I will stumble accross him.

Bullfrog
Bullfrog's picture
I just reached Ald Daedroth

I just reached Ald Daedroth and was surprised that the ordinators and worshippers do not attack each other. In vanilla Morrowind they would be at each others throat the moment the player enters the cell. It seems that their scripts have not been ported to Morroblivion. So in Morroblivion the worshippers only attack the player and his companion(s). The ordinators just idle.

What's the best fix for this issue? Port the scripts or add the worshippers to a new faction and make them hostile towards the temple faction?

Pages