17 posts / 0 new
Last post
dunmer way
dunmer way's picture
"broken" thieves guild quest chain
I'm able to join the Thieves Guild, and be told what the first job is, but I can't give the diamonds to the kahjiit. As well, for some reason, if I talk to them about having my bounty removed, they say I am "exiled." Is there a way to force the thieves guild quest, and is the exiled detail broken? If so, how can it be fixed? Sorry for so many issues posted on the forums, but I'd like to be able to have everything working right.
dunmer way
dunmer way's picture
ah. sorry then. I'll just do
ah. sorry then. I'll just do without the thieves guild until the version it works in.
dunmer way
dunmer way's picture
I'm having a similar issue,
I'm having a similar issue, however, with a quest chain that your readme states as working. I can not "report success" of the first morag tong quest, even though I've killed the person required and had my journal updated.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Need Some Time
Sorry, I'm not familiar at all with the Morag Tong. Raditz did the Morag Tong, not me, so it will take some time for me to investigate and debug it. You could help by providing exact details of everything, and of what you have done. Everybody always assumes I know what I'm doing. "The first quest" doesn't mean anything to me since I've never played it and have no idea how it is supposed to work.
dunmer way
dunmer way's picture
ah. well, if it means
ah. well, if it means anything, I went to the morag tong area under the arena in Vivec, found the guild master, and got the task to kill Fenuren Oran. After killing him, I returned to the arena, and spoke to the guild master. however, I was unable to report Fenuren Oran's death to him, and was unable to complete the quest.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Do Not Report Success
You do not "Report Success" for this Quest. You are still trying to join the Morag Tong.
dunmer way
dunmer way's picture
the "join the morag tong"
the "join the morag tong" option simply returns with the generic "you are already one of us" message.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Error
There is definitely an error in the dialog. The player is currently placed in the Morag Tong faction before the writ is complete. The only way around this until the next version comes out is a console command: ~ SetStage fbmwMTWritOran 100 You may also need to: ~ addtopic 1Writ ~ addtopic 1SpecialSduties But everything else should take care of iteself afterward.
dunmer way
dunmer way's picture
alright. I'll try running
alright. I'll try running that fix. thank you.
RADlTZ
RADlTZ's picture
A fix for the Morag Tong
Hello all, I have a patch for the Morag Tong prepared here https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1q0Egh5xvpUZGI2YjA3OGQtMzR... and details on why i think it occured in these 2 threads, http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/bugs-issues/897 http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/bugs-issues/886 So far I havnt recieved any confirmation that the latest version of the patch works, it does for me, but somone in one of theose threads was still having problems. If anyone could get back to me on this it would be a great help.
dunmer way
dunmer way's picture
thanks. the console command
thanks. the console command worked, but I may consider getting the patch given that this is a common issue.
RADlTZ
RADlTZ's picture
sorry, dont use that patch
That patch was actually for a previous version of Morrowblivion and ive been told its merged with the current version now, so theres no need to download it, the problems at the moment should have been fixed by the patch i made but I either uploaded the incomplete version of it (twice in a row) or the construction set didnt save my changes. Either way these issues will need a new patch. Ive been away for a while so i wasnt aware the patch had been merged with the current version,
DeWorD
DeWorD's picture
Yes

I have the same problem and when checking that downloads -> forums tab. It says that thefes guild missions works.

Can't give diamonds to sugar-lips.

Second problem is that i can't finish my first fighter guild mission. Kill rats. I already killed those and that grandma is talkin bout her rat infestation thing. Any help?

Dave B
Dave B's picture
These Quests Do Work
I have killed rats and I have given Diamonds to Sugar Lips. There is nothing wrong with either of these two quests. Please try again. There is probably something you are not doing.
DeWorD
DeWorD's picture
I have done

I have done everything.

Thiefes Guild:

Talk to Sugar-lips -> Join the Guild -> Jobs -> Diamondz -> Get the diamonds from small chest on the small shelf. Bed under the shelf -> Go back to Sugar-lips -> Says the same thing.

Fighter Guild:

Talk to guild keeper -> join guild -> get the mission -> talk to the woman -> door locked inside the house where's the woman -> killed 1 rat through the door -> go out to the upstairs -> picklock the door (hard) -> kill rats from the inside -> get every pillow from the baskets and spread over the room -> go back to the woman -> says the same thing.

That was it what i did. Maybe forgotten something.

Is here any way that my quests doesen't work because didn't install mods right or something? Everything is working though, but please i want help. SOOO GOOOD MOD to play !

Thank You

- DeWorD

ps: what happens if i install Oblivion Unofficial Patch again? I haven't but i want those face's shadows to the better because it slows my pc. I have putted from the oblivion.ini file that FPSClamp to 60. Helped with twitching, but weirdly get slowmotion when FPS drops under 60. It drops when i see a human, or dark elf or khait etc. :)

Phased
Phased's picture
quests

The thieves guild Diamond quest works and so does the fighter's guild rat quest. It may be that you didn't select the proper option in the dialogue. You have to chose "diamond" from the dialogue with Suger-Lips, and "Rats" from the dialogue with the lady in the rat infested house.

DeWorD
DeWorD's picture
I schoosed those. Im 100%

I schoosed those. Im 100% sure of that. Isn't my first time when playing Morrowind :)

Is there any possibility that i installed something wrong?

Please i really want to make quest with oblivion guest log. With Morrowind guest log it's kinda impossible :)

ps: whoever i spoke. He has a topic what says "Join to Thiefes Guild". When i click it. It says that i already belong to it like i do.

Second thing is that when i try to get price away from my head. It says that your expelled from the Thiefes Guild.