Hi! This is my first day of using Morroblivion and I wanted to stop by and say thanks, post a bit of info for other Linux users, and ask a (probably silly) question...
Ok, so firstly a very big well done and thanks - this mod is a fantastic idea and despite the tricky install I'm a bit stunned that it even works (let alone works as well as it does).
Second bit is gonne be boring to most people, just really posting it in case there are any other Linux users out there who might find it useful (please feel free to skip this bit, I'll put the writing in blue so you know when to stop ignoring the rambling!). Here we go:
1. Morrowind and Oblivion already installed via Steam (Bethesda Pack, contains all addons) and tested ok.
2. Installed Unofficial patches:
3. Installed Elys Silent voice and OBSE:
4. Linux is case sensitive (meshes != Meshes), so following some useful advise here...
Did this in three parts:
A. VvardenFell Imports:
With the exception of patch 2, all of these had to be extracted, then re-compressed so that the "top level" of the compressed file format was "Data".
They were then all extracted to one "Data" folder under C:\Morroblivion using PeaZip to avoid case sensitivity issues.
Complete "Data" archive then extracted to the folder:
Files all extracted to one "Data" folder under C:\Morroblivion using PeaZip in the order:
Morroblivon Complete Installation Part 1.rar
Morroblivon Complete Installation Part 2.rar
Morroblivon Complete Installation Part 3.rar
Additional Support Files 1.rar
Additional Support Files 2.rar
Then added following files (in roughly this order):
Bloodmoon Werewolf Body.rar
Henshu Lute Music.rar
MorrowOblivion_World Transport v2.rar
C. Other files:
Eloth Misc Items & Ingredients.rar
5. .NET 4 does not work under WINE, so I made a little workaround:
1. Make a new folder under ~/.wine/drive_c
2. Copy MorroblivionInstaller.exe to this folder
3. Download winetricks script and install mono by running:
sh winetricks mono28
4. In terminal, cd to the new folder, e.g.
5. Run the following:
wine c:\\Program\ Files\\Mono-2.8.2\\bin\\mono.exe MorroblivionInstaller.exe
You can now complete the installer.
6. Using Oblivion Mod Manager, checked the load order - looks good.
Ok like I said, boring bit done, I've only played a few minutes but it all looks good to me ;)
Only encountered a few very minor teething troubles:
1. A quest appears randomly when you first go through the process of moving between the boat and Scyda Neen proper:
The Barbarian and the Book
This appears to be a bug and is mentioned in a bug report already, so will wait for a fix ;)
See also: http://morroblivion.com/the-barbarian-and-the-book
2. Various candles and lanterns were hovering at a 90 degree angle
Resolved this by re-applying the Additional Support Files 2.rar as per this post:
3. Appears as though one single texture (only one I have found so far) is missing.
The "pouches" on the back of the guard are shown in purple, implying a missing texture.
If I've somehow missed a file somewhere I could simply drop it in the correct folder - unfortunately I don't know which file is missing...
So my question is:
Does anyone know which texture file is used here so I can check whether I've been daft and "mislaid" it?