Pages

87 posts / 0 new
Last post
roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
The Number is a False Number

The Number is a False Number All Numbers in Morroblivion Start With ( 01 )

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
JustAnotherDisgrace wrote

JustAnotherDisgrace wrote:

Well, it doesnt work for me, i got the "Scamp Slinker Belt" (ff000992) and i do not get a dummy spell for it in my section of spells...

"Dummy spells" which show up in your Spells tab is not a feature of UCWUS.  If you want that feature, then you must install the latest version of Morroblivion-Fixes.  Without Morroblivion-Fixes enabled, UCWUS works by changing the active spell icon when you first equip an enchanted item that uses the Cast-When-Used system. 

However: There is a bug in the unfixed Morroblivion v064, "Scamp Slinker Belt" (01017E34) needs to be patched with Morroblivion-Fixes to enable UCWUS support.  So without Morroblivion-Fixes, the Scamp Slinker Belt does not do anything. (actually, it may have the bugged behavior of casting Summon Scamp every time you Unequip then ReEquip it).

JustAnotherDisgrace
JustAnotherDisgrace's picture
Thanks for linking the Fixes

Thanks for linking the Fixes thread! I will download all of them to make my game even better now! Thanks!

JustAnotherDisgrace
JustAnotherDisgrace's picture
Sooo i just installed the

EDIT: first i was thinking this is a bug but then i realized there are ESP`s for this idk why tho xD its funny i misslooked it.

AttachmentSize
Image icon screenshot_3.png1.78 MB
Image icon screenshot_1.png1.86 MB
Image icon screenshot_2.png1.78 MB
ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
You probably already fixed

You probably already fixed this: morroblivion-magic-fixes must be moved BELOW Lost Magic OBME on the load order.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
For anyone interested, I've

For anyone interested, I've uploaded version 1.3 of the mod to the first post.

Changes:

• All items with target enchantments are now supported.
  • Duration is now correctly displayed in UI for all effects.
  • Minor bugfixes and improvements.
  • Requires version 0.65 of the master.
ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
This is great!  I can confirm

This is great!  I can confirm that Rings enchanted with Projectile Spells like "Ring of Lightningbolt" and "Ring of Fireball" can now be safely equipped while standing next to friendly NPCs -- in other words, projectiles are no longer fired on-equip.  Thanks, qwertyasdfgh!

One behavior still present: equipping items with hostile touch enchantments (Ring of Ironhand) while standing next to NPCs will still result in crime and assault charge.  I don't know if the stopProjectile system can be applied to these effects as well... I'll look into it.

EDIT:
It doesn't look like hostile touch effects can be canceled like the hostile project effects.  One potential work-around is to try to detect an Equip event (through OnEquip EventHandler or a UI button press EventHandler), then swap out the hostile enchantment for a dummy one and swap the hostile enchantment back in after the dummy enchantment is activated.

Regardless of the hostile touch bug which has been present since v064,  I think we should still merge this updated UCWUS file into v065-RC3.  It provides a significant fix for the CWU items with hostile target spells without creating any new issues/bugs.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
I think I managed to deal

I think I managed to deal with touch spells problem. Will test a little more, then post an updated file.

AllisterHenderson
AllisterHenderson's picture
Yes, that is a good idea to

Yes, that is a good idea to merge Morrowind_ob-UCWUS.esp into v065-RC3.....

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Uploaded version 1.4.

Uploaded version 1.4. Changelog:

• All items in the master that were Cast When Used in Morrowind now have CWU script. I still think some of them would be better as Constant Effect, but this mod will follow the original strictly. I'll eventually add my rebalances as a separate mod.
  • Fixed an issue where equipping CWU item with hostile touch effects caused hostility.
  • Fixed an issue where some effects from multi-effect CWU items were not properly dispelled.
  • String game settings are now used for messages instead of hard-coding text into script, where applicable.
  • A better method to detect if player has CWU item when opening recharge menu.
  • General script cleanup.
Daggerfall Rebu...
Daggerfall Rebuilt Dev's picture
UCWUS should be merged into

UCWUS should be merged into RC3, Less Plugins for the user and possibly easier to work with for future updates if I'm not mistaken?

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Daggerfall Rebuilt Dev wrote:

qwertyasdfgh wrote:

Uploaded version 1.4....

Excellent!  I will try to do as much testing of this update as I can within the next 48 hours.  If no one finds any major issues, then I think we can include this with v065-RC3.  My current plan is to try to release v065-RC3 on June-10 or June-11.  FYI, June-12 is the release date for Nehrim on Steam.

Daggerfall Rebuilt Dev wrote:

UCWUS should be merged into RC3, Less Plugins for the user and possibly easier to work with for future updates if I'm not mistaken?

Normally, I would agree -- but not now since we are at a Release Candidate stage.  Merging a complex ESP that contains new locally defined FormIDs to new magic records, quest records and script records for quest scripts, object scripts and dynamic OBSE function/handler scripts has a huge potential for getting screwed up in multiple places...  the separate UCWUS v1.4 ESP should be included with RC3 but, in my opinion, the ESP should NOT be merged into the ESM until v066.

RC means that it is a candidate for being released, not a candidate for continued beta testing.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
I have uploaded a quick 1.4.1

I have uploaded a quick 1.4.1 update, which fixes some bugs I missed and also restores a couple of items that were missing from the master (not all of them though, there are still some missing).

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
qwertyasdfgh wrote:

qwertyasdfgh wrote:

I have uploaded a quick 1.4.1 update, which fixes some bugs I missed and also restores a couple of items that were missing from the master (not all of them though, there are still some missing).

Great work.  I would not worry too much about the missing items for now -- we can take our time to find and add all the missing enchantments after v065 is released; as a standalone UCWUS / enchantments update that can later be merged into v066.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Unfortunately, it looks like

Unfortunately, it looks like the game engine is ignoring the command to set the magic effect to non-hostile.  To reproduce findings:

1. Travel to Caldera, Verick Gemain's Shop (CalderaVSVerickSGemainXSTrader).
  2. Buy the Ring of Ironhand.
  3. Equip the Ring of Ironhand, while standing near NPC.

Everything else still seems to be working correctly, so I will proceed with packaging UCWUS 1.4.1 with Morroblivion v065-RC3.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Why do you think so? If only

Why do you think so? If only based on console debug print, it's a quirk of PrintD and SetDebugMode console commands - effects are set back to hostile in mwCWUItemScript, which is technically part of Morrowind_ob.esm and not UCWUS esp. 

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Sorry, I should have been

Sorry, I should have been more clear:  The screenshot was taken about 500 ms before guard reaches me (seen running in the background) to tell me that I have broken the law, and about 1 second before Verick (seen backing up) draws his hammer to attack.  There is no magic effect animation played on the NPC.  Querying the NPC stats, I do not see any drop in Fatigue which can be attributed to the ring.  So, my current interpretation is that your scripts are successfully dispelling any negative effects before they occur but the game engine is still registering a hostile PC action.

I also spent several hours inserting additional debugging statements to several of the CWU scripts to verify that they are running when and only when expected and are successfully completing without crashes.  Due to limited time, I was not able to trace through all CWU functions and scripts, but I was able to see enough to be suggest all other CWU use-cases seem to be working, and that the hostile touch magiceffect handlers are being activated against nearby NPCs but the actual negative effects themselves are being successfully dispelled from the NPCs.  However, the negative NPC/guard reactions associated with hostile PC actions are still occurring.

So, since there are still several working bugfixes with v1.4.1 and the one issue with touch effects has been present since at least v064, I will proceed with replacing the UCWUS included with v065 release candidate with UCWUS v1.4.1.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
I can't reproduce this, just

I can't reproduce this, just did exactly what you described and nobody attacked me.

EDIT: Well, I was able to reproduce it now, and it's related to OBME - looks like that without OBME the game doesn't dynamically calculate hostility state for enchantments at all. I even tried setting Damage Fatigue to be permanently non-hostile and enchantment is still considered hostile, even when I can cast Damage Fatigue spells with impunity. Not sure what can be done about that, I'll leave the code in, at least it works for OBME users.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
That's very good news then. 

That's very good news then.  Perhaps it is just a peculiarity with my setup.  It would also be less work for me in the "Known Issues" section, hehe.  For now, I will assume that only my system is affected since no one else is reporting it.

EDIT: Thanks for your update about OBME.  I will list it as a known issue for players who do not use OBME.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Actually, I think I found a

Actually, I think I found a different solution and it's the enchantment swapping method you suggested earlier. In my tests it solved the touch issue and also the target projectile issue at the same time, and in a more simple way too. If no unexpected new issues arise, will update the mod soon with this + some other smaller fixes.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
That is great news.  Take

That is great news.  Take your time with the new update -- I am already about to post v065-RC3.  We can include the new UCWUS update with v065-RC4 (perhaps next week).

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Uploaded new update to first

Uploaded new update to first post. Changelog:

• Separated mod into 2 esp's: 'Morrowind_ob - UCWUS.esp' contains needed scripts for the system to work. 'CWU Items.esp' contains all edits to enchanted clothes and armor, as well as restores several missing items.
  • Started revising total charge and casting cost values for CWU items to fit better with Oblivion's soulgem strengths. So far armors are covered.
  • Changed the method used to fix touch and target range enchantments.
  • CWU items will now display charge and use count in UI regardless of being equipped before.
  • Fixed an issue where CWU item was not recharged if it was in active spell slot during recharging.
  • Fixed an issue with inventory menu being messed up after recharging item with soul gem.
  • CWU scripts now ignore items with enchantments cost set to be auto-calculated. This will prevent bugs if enchantment is not set up right for the system, and also allow other mod to potentially change CWU items to Constant Effect without the need to edit the base item.
ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
I just wanted to confim that

I just wanted to confim that UCWUS 1.5 is working great.  No more issues with hostile touch or ranged enchantments!  Thanks!   FYI, there is a lot of print console spam during mouse-over of an enchanted item.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Updated UCWUS Scripts to

Updated UCWUS Scripts to version 1.5.1:

• Removed excessive console debug print from all scripts.
  • Now compatible with item descriptions from Extended UI.
ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
I have posted v065-RC4.  I

I have posted Morroblivion v065-RC4.  It includes the UCWUS.esp from v1.5.1.  I also manually merged all records from CWUItems.esp into the main ESM, one record at a time.  All scripts affected by FormID renumbering were recompiled.  Leveled lists were relinked to new FormIDs.  FYI, here are the FormIDs changed during the merger:

• [01010C52] mwBoundBootsEnApp
  • [01010C53] mwBoundCuirassEnApp
  • [01010C54] mwBoundGauntletsEnApp
  • [01010C55] 0viperboltUen
  • [01010C56] 0cruelSviperboltUenu
  • [01010C57] 0direSviperboltUen
  • [01010C58] 0poisonbloomUen
  • [01010C59] 0cryingSeyeUenu
  • [01010C5A] 0blackUblindfoldUglove
  • [01010C5B] 0dynamicStransfiguringSwisdomUen
  • [01010C5C] FbmwLinusIulusStendarranBelt 
  • [01010C5D] fbmwRecallRing 
  • [01010C5E] fbmwEmberHand
  • [01010C5F] fbmwBlackBlindfoldGloves
  • [01010C60] fbmwRingOfTranscendentWisdom
  • [01010C61] fbmwRingOfTransfiguringWisdom
Zenball
Zenball's picture
Unfortunately NorthernUI's

Unfortunately NorthernUI's dll breaks both the pop up functionality and the charge limit functionality. Equipping a magic item like the Engraved Ring of Healing shows the item in the magic slot and doesn't drain magicka when cast, however the inventory pop up shows constant effect and the item can be used without limit. Would be great if this could be fixed for both vanilla Northern UI and the overhaul replacement. I also tried using both Display Stats and Extended UI, neither fix the issue.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
I'm not surprised, NorthernUI

I'm not surprised, NorthernUI is so different from vanilla, that it won't be compatible with anything that alters UI or expects vanilla(ish) UI to be there (unless specifically made compatible with NorthernUI, of course).

And if you also try to use a controller, that'll break a whole bunch of other stuff too.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
A partial workaround at least

Zenball wrote:

Unfortunately NorthernUI's dll breaks both the pop up functionality and the charge limit functionality. Equipping a magic item like the Engraved Ring of Healing shows the item in the magic slot and doesn't drain magicka when cast, however the inventory pop up shows constant effect and the item can be used without limit. Would be great if this could be fixed for both vanilla Northern UI and the overhaul replacement. I also tried using both Display Stats and Extended UI, neither fix the issue.

A partial workaround at least for the controller issue mentioned by qwertyasdfgh, is to use a "joy-to-key" utility to emulate keypresses when a controller button is pressed.  This should make some things more compatible between NorthernUI and Morroblivion, like the JDLevitate scripts.  Maybe you can try this with UCWUS functions --> example: use a JoyToKey app to map casting to a keypress rather than using NorthernUI's default controller mapping.  For the menus, try mapping joypad movements to keyboard navigation movements.

Zenball
Zenball's picture
Eek - didn't realise using a

Eek - didn't realise using a controller would break a load of stuff. There I was, on my sofa, Morroblivion on the TV, living the dream.

Well - will keep an eye out for issues then. Thanks for the heads up. NorthernUI is so convenient and has rocketed into the de facto standard for Oblivion controller users, a shame it throws such a spanner into the works of other mods.

llde
llde's picture
@Zenball the main issue is

@Zenball the main issue is that gamepad keypresses aren't forwarded to OBSE keypresses functions.

oracus0
oracus0's picture
Joy to Key was anything but a

Joy to Key was anything but a joy to me.  Tbh, I will probably choose NorthernUI and a controller over a functional UCWUS.

Zenball
Zenball's picture
NorthernUI/no UCWUS breaks

NorthernUI/no UCWUS breaks enchantment balance badly - the Engraved Ring of Healing becomes a ridiculously powerful constant health restore effect. I'm not that bothered about being challenged tbh but for future releases might be better to have a different plugin that balances the enchantments for Northern UI users, as the changes to enchantments to support UCWUS are in the main file.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
There appears to be a

There appears to be a significant amount of confusion regarding the issue with NorthernUI/UCWUS incompatibility and the large ecosystem of applications that can solve this issue by mapping joystick (gamepad) buttons to keyboard presses.  UCWUS uses OBSE event handlers to detect when a spell is cast and tracks this information to limit the number of times a certain spell (enchantment) can be cast.  NorthernUI's OBSE plugin is bypassing the standard "cast spell" function and activating the spell directly, so UCWUS is never notified of a "cast spell" event. 

This can be fixed by using a utility application that maps joystick/gamepad control buttons to keyboard presses which can then activate the engine's "cast spell" function.  More specifically, you only need to map a single gamepad button to the "C" keyboard press event.  Everything else can still be left to NorthernUI's OBSE plugin.  You do not need to disable NorthernUI's control pad support.

There are a very large number of free and paid application utilities available that can do this.  When I used the phrase "Joy-to-Key" app, I was not recommending specifically the application named "JoyToKey" but to just try several of these joystick button to keyboard press utilities to see if any of them will work for you. 

Here is a list of some, please search the internet for more:

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
> NorthernUI/no UCWUS breaks

> NorthernUI/no UCWUS breaks enchantment balance badly - the Engraved Ring of Healing becomes a ridiculously powerful constant health restore effect.

This should not be happening. I would absolutely expect "full" NorthernUI to not display CWU enchantment charge, as well as any version of NorthernUI to not work with limited casts (provided you're using a controller and not keyboard). However, the part that stops the constant effect enchantment from applying should still work - if it doesn't for you, then there something else wrong (perhaps OBSE isn't working/isn't the latest version).

> NorthernUI's OBSE plugin is bypassing the standard "cast spell" function and activating the spell directly, so UCWUS is never notified of a "cast spell" event.

I don't think NorthernUI breaks OnSpellCast event (EDIT: tested and confirmed that it does not).

What I know it does break are IsControlPressed/OnControlDown OBSE functions, as well as Enable/DisableControl. Well, it doesn't really break them completely, it's just that controller doesn't trigger them, while keyboard still does - so any mods that use these functions will not work with controller - in Morroblivion it's UCWUS, as well as levitation. There is a way around that, which I've implemented in my other mod, but it requires a mod author to specifically write code to account for NorthernUI and it's DLL - and the majority of such mods were developed before NorthernUI even existed.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
qwertyasdfgh wrote:

qwertyasdfgh wrote:

> NorthernUI's OBSE plugin is bypassing the standard "cast spell" function and activating the spell directly, so UCWUS is never notified of a "cast spell" event.

I don't think NorthernUI breaks OnSpellCast event (EDIT: tested and confirmed that it does not).

What I know it does break are IsControlPressed/OnControlDown OBSE functions, as well as Enable/DisableControl. Well, it doesn't really break them completely, it's just that controller doesn't trigger them, while keyboard still does - so any mods that use these functions will not work with controller - in Morroblivion it's UCWUS, as well as levitation. There is a way around that, which I've implemented in my other mod, but it requires a mod author to specifically write code to account for NorthernUI and it's DLL - and the majority of such mods were developed before NorthernUI even existed.

OK, thanks for the correction.  Bypassing of IsControlPressed/etc OBSE functions was my initial assumption as to why NorthernUI was not working with UCWUS, but when I looked through the UCWUS scripting code, IsControlPressed/etc is not used to update the number of enchantment castings left on an item -- that appears to be handled purely through the mwCWUHandlerSpellCast event handler.  However, I will definitely defer to your opinion since this is your script code and you have tested and confirmed the issue.

EDIT: nevermind, I see my mistake:  I misunderstood Zenball's recent report that "magicka doesn't drain" as meaning the number of charges was not being depleted.  All previous reports related to NorthernUI/UCWUS state that the charges do in fact update and decrease appropriately, and that the UI and keyboard control is correctly disabled -- however, the NorthernUI plugin bypasses the disabled spell cast interface and continues to activate the spell effect even after the charges are completely depleted.

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
There is a bug in the CWU

There is a bug in the CWU script where items with "On Self" enchantments is switched out with an incorrect enchantment or no enchantment when the item is equipped.  I have a preliminary fix here: https://morroblivion.com/comment/88811#comment-88811.  Hopefully, fix is just one line: initialized the mwCWU.rTemp variable to 0 each time OnEquipHandler is called, prior to checking for "OnTarget" and "OnTouch" enchantments.

Pages