3 posts / 0 new
Last post
ghksfd
ghksfd's picture
"You haven't got Morrowind GOTY in this directory!" But I do have Morrowind GOTY!

I was trying to install v.27, when I was at the screen "Select your Morrowind directory" and "Select your Oblivion directory", I pressed "Next" and it tells me "You haven't got Morrowind GOTY in this directory!" ".

I then set the path for both directories pointing to the location "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind" and "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion". But it still gives me the same message that the Morrowind GOTY is not detected!

I have been using v.24 and this version still works okay. Am I missing something?? Please kindly help me with this one!

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Have you:Got a legit copy of

Have you:

• Got a legit copy of Morrowind - from STEAM or CD-Rom/DVD-Rom
  • Got both Morrowind expansion packs installed (tribunal & bloodmoon)
  • Done anything weird to the file structure, like unpack your BSAs or move files and folders around?
ghksfd
ghksfd's picture
Yes

Yes, this is a Game of the Year Edition, included full versions of Blood Moon and Tribunal (using v.24, I travelled to Mournhold myself after I reached level 15).

I did not do anything weird to the file structure of the v.27 installer or Morrowind itself.

What is the difference between this version 27 and previous release in terms of checking validation? What is the code that it is trying to match? Is that a non-installer version available?

Any help is appreciated!