7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ice
Ice's picture
Broken Archive Files with Visual Overhaul

Hello all,

I'd like to try the wonderful Visual Overhaul. I installed the files and got some broken archive messages. I figured I'd try it out and ignore the broken archives. Well, everything looks sooooo much better, and gladly my game isn't much laggyer, though load times have increased. But on the whole I'm quite pleased. Then I walked outside and found that some of (not all mind you) the Distant land is purple (yikes!). I realised this must have to do with some of the files that didn't unpack correctly. I'll attatch the compilation of the erros I got when unpacking the parts. I'm using 7-zip. I'd like to find another way to unpack those specific files, or possibly a way to download them a different way or something. I don't know. Could you guys help me?

Obviously some of the files are LOD files, and I'd like to have all of them work. I'd imagine its impractical to give out single files, so am I unpacking them wrong? (I'm just doing the right click-7-zip- install to folder */* thing). I tried unzipping them all like parts, just unzipping all of them, and unzipping a few at a time, and got the errors each time.

Thanks!

Iceburg

AttachmentSize
Image icon together.jpg308.05 KB
Edited by: Ice on 06/17/2011 - 22:06
Clint
Clint's picture
Yeah, for some reason I have

Yeah, for some reason I have the same problems too. LOD appears purple around Caldera and Balmora just to name a few.

eloth
eloth's picture
either delete the _far.nif

either delete the _far.nif files for now, or edit them in nifskope so that it searches for textures in textures/morro/x/ instead of textures/

i will release a new lod package soon

eloth
eloth's picture
or you can try this new

or you can try this new download location:

http://www.mediafire.com/?hduhdee5s2lmd2p

Ice
Ice's picture
Sweet. I'll try those fixes.

Sweet. I'll try those fixes. Thanks!

I'd like to not sacrifice the _far files (dude, your overhaul looks fantastic!) (but I guess I can wait till you come out with a new package, thanks!).  I opened some random files to edit their texture paths, and the textures all look right in nifskope. They have the right texture path. Are you saying I should shorten the file paths, or that the paths were wrong and I should replace the paths?

UPDATE: I moved the _far files from the 'x' and 'f' folders and that didn't make a difference (other than makeing the rocks etc disapear). I found out that the rocks etc are working fine, its the distant land itself, and just some of it, that's purple. As I approach the land and its replaced, the replacement looks fine. I didn't have this problem before the install, so it must be a missing texture file / I did something wrong. In Balmora its seen headed out past the silt strider.

Again, I've only seen the interior of a Balmora house and its exterior, and I'm already blown away at just how much better looking the game is with your mod. Even with some purple splotches it looks stunning.  Thank you for your work!

Phased
Phased's picture
Or use the repack I uploaded (whole package, 1 file)

Or you can try the full download (I repackaged all the files into one with permission from eloth):

http://www.filefactory.com/file/cb40756/n/Eloth_s_Visual_Ove...

or 

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B97l4Ix2xD5nNTRmZjdhODEtODV...

Ice
Ice's picture
Okay, I'm going to try to

Okay, I'm going to try to replace the broken archive files with vannilla morroblivion files, if that fails I'll backup and re genete the distant lod files, and if those two things don't work I'll redownload the files. Thanks guys!

I was able to replace most of the broken files with default morroblivion files that I had backed up. That's fixed the problem for now. Thanks guys!