20 posts / 0 new
Last post
llde
llde's picture
[Beta] Blight disease system restored

WARNING: The final non-obme version of this  mod is now merged into the v64 master. Thus it must be deactivated. The OBME version is also incompatible with the last changes. I'm now in the precess of recreating the OBME version

Morroblivion has respect to normal morrowind the lack of a blight disease system,with their own weakness and resistance. But in all this time Oblivion came out many experienced modders had provided to us a huge number of useful instrument like Obse and its plugins like OBME and AddActorValues. With the power of these three I recreated a Blight disease system close to the morrowind one(even with some difference).

Requirements: OBSE v20 or upper (I created that  with obse v21b2),AddActorValues,OBME

Features:

Resist blight disease and weakness to blight disease magic effect

Blights diseases are separated to the commons diseases.(They are actually ablities and not diseases anymore)

Cure blight disease magic effect.

The magic effects are putted on ingredients, spells, scrolls, potions..(This is made according the Uesp.net wiki,so if there are errors please say to me what is wrong).

Adjusted 3 kwama queen scripts to feature cure blight disease magic effect.(if there are others please tell me)

Now the disease catched message is like the normal one (based on gamesetting).

Corprus is otherwise untouched,to avoid main quest trouble.

The blight disease trasmission formula use the oblivion disease formula.

Know issues: During my test if I already had corprus immunity(that is an ability) the effects didn't update properly. I avoided this made my mod automatically remove that ability and readding it in the next frame.

But I don't know if this bug is shown only in case of abilities. So please if you found a spell or ingredient or potion that isn't updated properly please leave a message(I will fix but the 14 June I leave for holiday,and I don't bring the computer with me,it will be however useless,there isn't an internet connection, so the next month).

Incompatibilities: every mod that edit the edited record in this mod(only marginally, the core of the mod is built with maximum comatibility in mind).

Future plans: Variable effect magnitudo, like morrowind for blight disease.(Maybe even for common ones).

Download beta3 OBME: http://www.mediafire.com/download/l7qgzn439c7rdhr/lollobligh...

Download the non obme Final version http://www.mediafire.com/download/3vapgoo0rkevm5o/lollobligh...

Changelog Final version (only non obme version):

Shrines now feature Cure Blight Disease spell.

Blessing cost now depend on the faction rank like in morrowind.

Fixed some Cure blight disease spell to not feature mixed (Cure blight and cure disease) effects.

Script effects mangitudo now appear in the effect name.

Fixed Kwama script handling.

OBME version currently deprecated. It will be recreated from scratch when this version if reported bugfree will be integrated into the masterfile.

Changelog beta 3: made a non obme version.

Fix a wrong enchantment.

What change in the non obme version:

The new effect are scripted effect.

They cannot be used in enchanting

Resitance/weakness effect are script with fixed magnitudo.

AddActorValues is not needed in this version.

The kwama queen script are now handled in a different  way(the script can be a bit slower)(If this not work tell me).

Updated for v60 master file. Fixed some missing mesh error dued to change of folder structures. Redownload from the given link

Edited by: llde on 11/20/2014 - 12:31
qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Oh, wow This is definetly

Oh, wow :)

This is definetly interesting.

Did you also adjust the quests, featuring 'cure blight'?

gidz89
gidz89's picture
Awesome work! Morroblivion is

Awesome work! Morroblivion is steadily becoming more like Morrowind! :)

llde
llde's picture
Only if the quest feature

@qwertasdf Only if the quest feature cure blight as spell or the two cure blight potion. Maybe a complete list of quests featuring cure blight disease or resistance/weakness disease will be an unvaluable help. Also I will appreciate report if this work well with obse v20 stable.

@gidz89 I'm happy that you like this so much.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Here's an example of how

Here's an example of how curing kwama queens from blight is handled currently:

ScriptName mwKwamaQueenMudanMullScript

Begin OnMagicEffectHit CUDI
Message "The Kwama Queen has been Cured of Blight."
SetStage fbmwHTMineCure 70
End

(there are several similar scripts for different kwama queens)

So if you introduced separate "Cure Blight" effect, I presume you'll need to adjust all the scripts accordingly

llde
llde's picture
This is a thing that

This is a thing that definitly I will do. Many thanks.

Version 2 is out. Updated the description and the link in the first post.

Changelog :

Updated 3 kwama queen scripts to feature cure blight disease magic effect

Now the catched disease message depend by scontracteddisease game setting (it's localized and similar to the normal disease one).

Added the  new magic effect to spells,potions,scrolls.(according to the uesp wiki)

In the control script added a check that stop the control quest from running forever.

P.S Anyone can tell me how the magnitudo of the effect of the disease is applied in morrowind?

llde
llde's picture
Creation of a

Creation of a requirement-free version of the mod in progress, or at least i'm trying.

Edit: Beta 3 out. Two version one with obme and addactorvalues requirement, the other without. Changelog and difference from the two version are coming in the first post

Björn
Björn's picture
Are you still working on the

Are you still working on the mod?

llde
llde's picture
I'm still providing support

I'm still providing support and compatibility update for new masters if needed or bugfixes.

Mod is not actively developed anymore cause the debugging of bloodmoon.(The future plans)

However reports or feature requests will be looked.

This is to be considered a stable version even if it's declared as a beta(becouse I thought to make a larger mod).

You want to report something?

Björn
Björn's picture
No, I was only interested. I

No, I was only interested. I haven't tested it yet, but if the beta is stable I will try it after I finished the German translation of Morroblivion.

llde
llde's picture
Upladed a new version. This
Upladed a new version. This time I uploaded only the non-obme version, that will be included in the masterfile. Changelog: Shrines now feature Cure Blight Disease spell. Blessing cost now depend on the faction rank like in morrowind. Fixed some Cure blight disease spell to not feature mixed (Cure blight and cure disease) effects.
qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Thanks. I'll be merging this,

Thanks. I'll be merging this, but have a few objections beforehand:

• "Cure blight disease" in script effects should be "Cure Blight Disease" for consistency with the rest of the game. Same goes for 'Resist Blight Disease 20\30\100 %"
  • You've made changes to Oblivion.esm record SEFF (magic effect) which we generally avoid. Is this somehow crucial for the mod function?
  • Kwama Queens scripts - is Gamemode block really necessary? Can't the 'While... Loop' block work from inside OnMagicEffectHit? Also, I'm pretty sure that 'Let resoult := resoult + 1' line should be inside 'While... Loop' block for it to actually work as intended. Moreover, since you check for specific spell the whole thing with arrays and loops is redundant - just use IsSpellTarget.
  • Can I change some of the record names you used? Also, I'm having some ideas about Blight diseases, which I might add in the next master together with your mod.
  • On a side note, I know you're planning to remake OBME\AddActorValues version of this mod once this is merged. Do you have any plans for spell icons of Cure/Resist Blight Disease effects?
llde
llde's picture
1) My bad. In Italian

1) My bad. In Italian language we have a different use of  capitals letters than english language.

2)I changed only the no Ingredient flag on SEFF becouse the spell were attached to ingredient too. But I think this can be done with scripts.

3)I tried with Loop  inside the Onmagiceffecthit but it seem that it runs the same frame of the script effect spell. In my test this was highly unreliable sometimes returned correctly but most times not. I think it depend on how much the script processor is loaded, and I have hundred of heavly scripted mods. The gamemode block it's there to wait a frame and let the cure script to make it's work. 

4)You are right on let inside the loop block, it is an error that were created during the non.obme version  creation. The first command I tried were HasSpell and IsSpellTarget. I don't know if I used them badly or it was a command trouble but I found them to be unreliable when used on non-persistent creature reference. HasSpell always returned 0 while IsSpellTarget a 60% of returning 0. Getspells returned always good instead.  However I will add a check to avoid checking useless arrays. also becouse the while condition is always true the array will never be nulled and destroyed. I Fixed the guilty script. Redownload the file from the first post.

5) Change wathever you want

6)No actually not. I have no plains to spell icons.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
After looking at this some

After looking at this some more I think that scripts on Kwama Queens can be discarded completely and the whole thing handled from inside the spell script itself. Is there a reason you check for disease presense before removing it? Running RemoveSpell on actor that doesn't have specified spell will have no effect.

I'll see if I can make some new icons for the effects.

llde
llde's picture
I handled this things on the

I handled this things on the kwama queens script becouse they are quest related.

Well I don't know but when I use more than 1 removespell in the same frame and I don't have the targets in the spell list my games crash. Maybe is my setup or maybe a real bug but I don't think.

Using only 1 removespell didn't cause the CTD.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
I don't think there are any

I don't think there are any bugs with RemoveSpell. It's used in many vanilla scripts in the same frame without issues.

llde
llde's picture
Maybe is just the synergy
Maybe is just the synergy beetween RemoveSpell and another thing for example OSR(The crash is a Stackhash crash type but is reproduceable). I had some crash in Vanilla too in fact that I linked to the use of RemoveSpell. Conditioning them maked the game work.
qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Can you post a script which

Can you post a script which causes your game to crash?

Also, it just occured to me that putting Cure Blight on ingredients not as first effect is pointless - you can't brew potions with script effect. So, ingredents can only work with OBME.

llde
llde's picture
Unluckly I don't have the

Unluckly I don't have the script that caused crash anymore.

I didn't know about this limitation of Script Effects but I could imagine this.

If you want you can delete the modification of ingredient ans Script effect itself.

llde
llde's picture
Warning the Final non OBME

Warning the Final non OBME version is now Merged into the v64 master. Delete this file before update.

Old OBME version is incompatible with the last version

I'm in the process of recreating it the OBME version

Important Edit: I know I said would work on an new OBME version, but OBME is a bit unstable ATM and I don't know why.  In the meantime I was catched with more serious issues(for werewolf transformation). I may work on it after some days but I cannot be sure to can test it.