Pages

361 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wehan
Wehan's picture
I have a a clean install of

I have a clean install of the Retail Discs of both Morrowind and Oblivion, both are GOTYE. I have followed these instructions on Post #1 to the T and when I launch Oblivion it still just plays Oblivion. Any help is greatly appreciated.

SnowPyr
SnowPyr's picture
After Part IIIa, Step 1, it

After Part IIIa, Step 1, it would be helpful to mention that before installing Wyre Bash, you need to start the Oblivion Launcher from Steam at least once to initialize the registry entries before Wyre Bash will be able to find the game. I could not find this documented anywhere. 

MountainGaurdian
MountainGaurdian's picture
"4) You'll see 'Success'

"4) You'll see 'Success' message and there now should be Morrowind_ob.esm file in your 'Oblivion/Data' folder.

I see "sucess" and then I get an error message that the program may not have installed correctly.

The second time I installed it I went ahead reinstalled with the recomended settings and did not get the error.  Though either time I installed it did not create any kind of Morrowind_ob.esp file in my Oblivion folder or from the search that I did anywhere on my computer at all.  So when I start into the Oblivion game in the Dungeon (odd as I was expecting to start on the boat in Morrowind) I get a message that I am missing Morrowind_ob.esp

I do happen to have a Morrowind_ob.esm file in my Oblivion folder but my game is not looking for that file apparently.  

I am assuming that something has changed and that the above directions are no longer quite accurate with some changes being made or maybe the list of files to download are not accurate anymore not sure.  

Any "new" instructions or help understanding why the above ones are not working in my particular situation?

MountainGaurdian
Download the resources from

Download the resources from Project Release thread. From here there are 2 ways: using Wrye Bash and manually.

I think I understand what I am having issues with now.  I think I am missing this "resources" file download...  The only thing that I found following that link was this "Morroblivion v064 installer.7z"  Where does one find these "resources" files?  I only see the one file download on that page....

I now have the wrybash thing, but I can't imagine it will do me any good if don't have the "resource" files to install with it?  

This is crazy confusing running all over the place downloading a file from here and another from there and there and there etc...  Especially when no one gives the exact name of each file needing to be downloaded in the sets of directions..  This "resources" should instead be the entire list of files including versions etc.

MountainGaurdian
So in trying to install this

So in trying to install this wry thing it is giving me a red warning not install in program files, how do I install it somewhere else?  If I install it somewhere else "where" exactly do I install it?  Or do I just ignore the warning against installing it in "program file x86" though it says that will commonly cause problems and errors. 

It might be handy to include these things in your instructions...

MountainGaurdian
The wry installation must not

The wry installation must not have worked... It opened in the Mods tab  with...

[/] Oblivion.esm [Sl]

[/]Morrowind-ob.esm

[/]Knights.esp

[/]DLCBattlehouseCastle.esp

[/]DLCMehrhrunesRazor.esp

[/]DLCSpellTomes.esp

[/]DLCShiveringIsles.esp

[/]DLCFrostcrag.esp

[/]DLCVileLair.esp

[/]HorseArmor.esp

[/]DLCThievesDen.esp

[/]Bashed Patch,0.esp

----------------------------------

Then when I open the "Installation" tab I have 

[ ]==Last==

------------------------------------------------------------------

I could just do the manual installation but where does one find this... Morroblivion resource archive?  Is this something I can download or does it exist somewhere in what was installed by the Morroblivion v064 installer?  Where does one go looking for these resources?

MountainGaurdian
Well I cannot open the .7z

Well I cannot open the V064 .7z file to find any resources in it and I am unable to find any morroblivion resources on my hard drive.  I am concluding that I am must be missing this download but I cannot find any place to download this archive from.  What is the actual "name" of this file archive?

MountainGaurdian
This appears to be the end of

This appears to be the end of the journey, without the ability to find this "morroblivion resource archive" to download it appears I have no wat to get Morroblivion to run.

Why isn't this resource archive a part of the V064 installation if it is that important?  I will do some searches on this again from time to time, but for the moment I admit defeat...  Aggravating as I have been waiting for half a decade for this to become available to try it out...  But alas no one else seems to be interested anymore and it seems to be a relatively dead topic now...

ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
I'm sorry that you are

I'm sorry that you are getting so frustrated with the installation process.  Oblivion is notorious for being one of the most difficult games to mod and Morroblivion is one of the hardest Oblivion mod to install even for an experienced Oblivion modder. 

Please refer to the screenshot above.  Under the section  labeled "II. Resources (2.3 Gb)", I have placed a red box to identify the links to download the "morroblivion resource archive".  This file will be named "Morroblivion_v064_Complete.7z".  There are four links, but you only need to use one.  If one does not work for you, then try the next.  Use this link to get to the correct download page: https://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/mods/753

If you need step by step directions to install Morroblivion, then I encourage you to log into the Morroblivion-Community-HelpDesk Discord server and read through the channel named "#step-by-step-directions".  Good luck.

Rodelfs
Rodelfs's picture
HELP! I konow it's 2020, but

HELP! I konow it's 2020, but I'm having some difficults with Morroblivion...
I've just tried to start Morrowind questline with my level 25 character from Oblivion, but every time I have to speak with someone important from the beginning (that Imperial Guard right after we get off the boat, for example), my character gets stuck!
I read and re-read all the instalation process... I even thought that if I changed my level to level 4 I would be able to play it normally, but it didn't work...
I'm very excited to play this Mod, but I don't know how to do it... PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP ME! I'M DESPERATE!

Pages