9 posts / 0 new
Last post
eosdigital
eosdigital's picture
Bloodmoon:Rite of the Wolf Giver can't start

ENV: Morroblivion V058, Steam version.

When I first arrived Fort Frostmoth, I found the "odd rumor" page. It didn't trigger any quest, it was ok because I hadn't start any Bloodmoon quest yet. Later when werewolf sieged skaal, I got my lycanthropy in ten seconds (not 3 game days as usual) by talking to Korst Wind-Eye twice. That was ok because werewolf quest line was fun too. But since "odd rumor" paper cannot trigger the "Rite of the Wolf Giver" quest, I can never see the raven to continue the quest. I used console command to start it (setstage fbmwBMwolfgiver 10), but non happens later. setstage to 120 didn't cure the lycanthropy either. I also got the "scroll of the wolf ender", it didn't trigger any magic to cure my lycanthropy either when read it (so did setstage fbmwbmwolfender 20). Now all I want is a console command to disable my werewolf status, but original way can't work (player->addspell "werewolf blood"). How to add this spell in Morroblivion, or how to directly end my werewolf career rectly by the most convenient way?

Many thanks.

roxon_55
roxon_55's picture
Wolf Giver

First the Quest is Incomplete,search on site on Bloodmoon Quest they are (WIP) but are getting there  Morrowind Commands do not Work under Oblivion

(player.AddSpell (Spell Number ))) Spell Numbers can be Looked up in TES4Edit Downloaded from www.tesnexus.com load Oblivion,Morrowind_ob.esm in to TES4Edit look up Spell number under Morrowind_ob.esm\Spells

Reload Save Before useing Consel Commands to Activate Quest

eosdigital
eosdigital's picture
Thanks for introducing

Thanks for introducing tes4edit. I simply removed the fbmwbmwerewolfPC script.

Brainslasher
Brainslasher's picture
Contributor
I ran across the same thing

I ran across the same thing and I wrote a little fix.

This basically allows the player to get cured of Lycanthropy by completing the "The Scroll of Cure Lycanthropy" quest.

To do this just kill one the Glenmoril witches and pick up the note they're carrying, follow the instructions and you're cured.

I haven't modded in a while but I wouldn't consider myself a noob but it's relatively simple and should be bug free as it does what it's supposed to do.

AttachmentSize
Binary Data LycanthropyCure_0.esp14.51 KB
goeagles5
goeagles5's picture
Thank you for that addition

Thank you for that addition Brainslasher, will help for when we debug blood moon. I'd like to know is this exactly the same quest or is this a placeholder?

Brainslasher
Brainslasher's picture
Contributor
I used the queststages that

I used the queststages that were already in the main esm. I simply added one line to the fbmwBMWerewolfPC script to stop the player from transforming and added two other scripts to make the quests work when reading the notes. I don't know if this is unacceptable to the standards of the Morrowind conversion team because it's somehow different from the original game but it's really only a quick fix that I chose to share with the community because others might have the same problem. It doesn't fix the dialogue with the Skaal Shaman or anything else it only lets the player do the quest and stops him from transforming into a werewolf at night. 

Edit: Okay, I'm sort of in the modding mood again and I fixed the Skaal Shaman's dialogue to not still think you're a werewolf. In addition he will now respond to "been infected" with the correct response and name you Blodskaal and give you the house, all of which worked perfectly without having to change anything. This purely fixes the dialogue conditions. You can be brutally honest with me if this breaks anything or is useless to you in some other way, again this is only a quick fix and you'll probably want to do this yourself for an official release.

AttachmentSize
Binary Data LycanthropyCure.esp16.14 KB
goeagles5
goeagles5's picture
That's totally fine, by your

That's totally fine, by your description it seems to be a placeholder until we have the full quest available, still better having a placeholder then having no way (besides console commands) curing the bloodmoon lycanthropy :P, Heck, we might even merge your esp as a placeholder(if thats good with you), again I cannot test it right now.

Thanks for the addition

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
LycanthropyCure.esp Thank

LycanthropyCure.esp

Thank you, I'll merge this into next release. Every little bit helps :)

Brainslasher
Brainslasher's picture
Contributor
Wow, this truly is an honor

Wow, this truly is an honor for me. I just wanted to say thanks for this great mod (I could as well call it a game because it pretty much is its own game by now).