* I COULDN'T FIND THE RIGHT SECTION FOR THIS SO I POSTED IT HERE *
I'm looking for people to help on an Italian localization of Skywind.
At the moment, we will be translating all the dialogues of the NPCs, which are already in their final state, so not subject to major changes. When Skywind will be released we would probably work on the rest of items, spells, books, player dialogues and menus that needs to be localized.
This project is totally detached from the Skywind Team.
Before starting to help I should warn you that the amount of text is impressive: almost 40.000 lines, most of which has also been divided into multiple segments, and since various dialogues have been edited specially for Skywind is not possible to copy Morrowind Italian translation. But, any sort help, small or big, is good; this is important to remember. What you'll need/have to do:
- You don't have to feel overwhelmed by the amount of text, as said even a small piece of work can make the difference.
- In any case, you are not obliged to respect a schedule or a specific amount of lines per day. Feel free to localize as much text as you can do.
- Skills required are an at least intermediate knowledge of English to provide a quality translation, and of course high-level knowledge of Italian.
- Microsoft Excel or any other program able to edit "xlsx" files in order to localize the document. There are a lot of free alternatives that can be found on the web.
- Patience and, if possible, dedition. You are however not bonded to the team in any way, you can decide to leave or rejoin it when you want.
Before starting I also suggest you to read the main post on this site regarding translations, which can be found below and gives further useful infos.
Skyrim Nexus Project Page:
Contact me at: email@example.com for further infos and/or to receive the worksheet, which you'll be able to open with Microsoft Excel or similar programs.
FOR TIME REASONS I PROBABLY WON'T BE ABLE TO ANSWER MESSAGES ON THIS PAGE.