49 posts / 0 new
Last post
firewolx
firewolx's picture
Daedric Shrines ideas for cluttering

This is a work in progress thread for the Daedric Shrines interiors. Feel free to suggest things or disagree with my work. There are 36 Daedric Shrines interiors in Morrowind. Each of these shrines worship a certain Daedra Prince. Nine are assigned to Daedra Prince Malacath, nine to Sheogorath, eight to Mehrunes Dagon and seven to Molag Bal. Currently, every shrine has the same 'theme' and 'feel' to them. I wish to distinguish the Daedric Shrines by giving each of the Daedra Princes a unique theme to their corresponding Shrine. 

With the help of many in the developer chat we came up with the following themes and clutter distinguish each Daedra Prince interior from the rest.

Molag Bal is the Daedric Prince whose sphere is the domination and enslavement of mortals. He is known as the King of Rape and the Harvester of Souls.

• Chains
  • Cages
  • Domination
  • Rape
  • Slaves
  • Vampires (legend says he is the creator of the first vampire)
  • Soulgems
  • a blue-ish colour scheme, that matches his Oblivion plane Coldharbour.

An example of an interior that has been MolagBal-ified with before and after picks can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/xcj95#0

Malacath is the Daedric Prince whose sphere is the patronage of the spurned and ostracized, the keeper of the Sworn Oath, and the Bloody Curse.

• Patron of the Orsimer, cares for his followers
  • Malacath loves fighting
  • Fighting Equipment
  • Forge
  • Honorable
  • A place where you can fight

Sheogorath is the Daedric Prince of Madness. I will need some more ideas for this one. 

• Has a 'mania' side and a 'dementia' side. Half of the interiors are colourful and fantastic, the other half is horrific and gray. 
  • Unnecessary and crazy things, think forks, cheese, brooms and cabbages. 
  • Crazy followers
  • Dinner party in one of the interiors?
  • Instead of summoning a Dremora lord when you pick a cursed item from the altar, something silly can happen. 

Mehrunes Dagon is the Daedric Prince of Destruction, Change, Revolution, Energy, and Ambition.

• Some propose we incorporate Mythic Dawn clothing/banners into these interiors. 
  • Intense
  • Many candles
  • A mess
  • Anti-order
  • Torture
  • Rituals
  • More fires
  • A slightly more reddish colourscheme if possible. 

Let me know if you have more suggestions. 

Edited by: grumpycat on 03/14/2014 - 14:04
tommythegun
tommythegun's picture
Contributor
Really like the ideas. When

Really like the ideas.

When it comes to Sheo - instead of dremora lord point something silly point is something we could all discuss. I mean - the more the better. I think we could create a special illness which would have some crazy effects and/or could be cured in some weird way (for example the only place where you could find a cure is another sheo shrines. And/or the "medicine" has a chance to actually be the potion or instead - be poison that would make the sickness even worse. Or sometimes the dremora is summoned but theres a chance it wont be dremora, only some very weak and "strange" oponnent. Stuff like that.

Well anyway - keep up the great work :)

firewolx
firewolx's picture
Getting chased by 10

Getting chased by 10 chickens, anyone?

Twisted Logic
Twisted Logic's picture
firewolx wrote: Dinner

firewolx wrote:

Ald Daedroh is supposed to have a dinner party as part of an ashlander quest. It's where Ra'Gruzgob lives!

iceflame542
iceflame542's picture
Contributor
tommythegun wrote: I think we

tommythegun wrote:

I think we could create a special illness which would have some crazy effects and/or could be cured in some weird way (for example the only place where you could find a cure is another sheo shrines 

"Cured? You speak as if they are diseased. They live now in another state of being. Perhaps it is you who needs a cure."

-Haskill

Anyway, I thought of an idea for one of the Mania devoted shrines, in which there is splashes of different colored paint all over the walls, sort of like how the Reiklings have paint in the patchwork airship in Dragonborn (But not grey):

ZeroSbr
ZeroSbr's picture
Sorry if this is dumb, but

Sorry if this is dumb, but you said there are 36 shrine interiors, but then your more detailed list mentions 33. 9 + 9 + 8 + 7 = 33, not 36. Sorry if I'm nitpicking, but I was just confused.

Were the Mythic Dawn prominent at all in Morrowind? If they aren't, then maybe Mythic Dawn clothing/banners might not be a good idea.

Twisted Logic
Twisted Logic's picture
I agree with Zero. The Mythic

I agree with Zero. The Mythic Dawn were not active in Morrowind as far as we know, and have always been rather secretive. Even if there were a few members in Vvardenfell (which would be a cool Easter Egg), their sanctuary would be better hidden than one of the many daedric ruins that dot the countryside.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Mythic_Dawn

Eh, honestly, if Beth had though of the Mythic Dawn when Morrowind was out, I'm sure they would have made an appearance.

firewolx
firewolx's picture
Twisted Logic wrote: firewolx

Twisted Logic wrote:

firewolx wrote:

Ald Daedroh is supposed to have a dinner party as part of an ashlander quest. It's where Ra'Gruzgob lives!

Oh right, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for letting me know. I'll see what I can do with that!

iceflame542 wrote:

Anyway, I thought of an idea for one of the Mania devoted shrines, in which there is splashes of different colored paint all over the walls, sort of like how the Reiklings have paint in the patchwork airship in Dragonborn (But not grey):

Sounds like a great idea, but unfortunately out of my hands as a level designer. I'm going to write this down though! I have a list of assets I will forward to the modelers/texturers when their long list of works to be done is a bit smaller.

ZeroSbr wrote:

Sorry if this is dumb, but you said there are 36 shrine interiors, but then your more detailed list mentions 33. 9 + 9 + 8 + 7 = 33, not 36. Sorry if I'm nitpicking, but I was just confused.

Were the Mythic Dawn prominent at all in Morrowind? If they aren't, then maybe Mythic Dawn clothing/banners might not be a good idea.

The rest of the daedric shrines are either unalligned or it's to another daedric prince, but since there are only so few of them it's unpractical to create a theme for a single interior.

As for the Mythic Dawn cult. There are sources that suggest the Mythic Dawn is much older than the events taking place in Morrowind. The reason why they weren't in the original Morrowind was simply because Bethesda hadn't created them yet. I'll leave it up to the more lore fanatics and lead developers whether they want Mythic Dawn incorporated into the Mehrunes Dagon interiors. I personally think it's a nice nod to oblivion and not a big stretch to assume the Mehrunes Dagon cult in Morrowind is the Mythic Dawn.

iceflame542
iceflame542's picture
Contributor
Considering it was the Mythic

Considering it was the Mythic Dawn who opened the oblivion gates, and there were quite a few opened in Morrowind, I think it would be safe to assume they would have some presence in Morrowind (But likely small and hidden, in one or two of the shrines) They were in every province of tamriel, and would disguise themselves as regular people when leaving their shrines, like they did in Oblivion, and then bound their armor when attacking. But also they were not the only Dagon cult, but still an influential and powerful one, so I wouldn't make every Dagon shrine Mythic Dawn.

Twisted Logic
Twisted Logic's picture
As far as I know, the daedric

As far as I know, the daedric shrines in Morrowind are not all part of one big cult, but various fragmented cults. I think it would be cool if at least one shrine were Mythic Dawn, but it should be far better hidden than your run-of-the-mill Dagon worshipers. The Dawn are smart, powerful, and secretive and should be displayed as such. Could make for a fun higher-level dungeon. ;)

iceflame542
iceflame542's picture
Contributor
Going back to Sheogorath, if

Going back to Sheogorath, if we have some kind of "illness" of mad things happening maybe it could be in the form of Greenmote found at the altar in one of the ruins as a "blessing" by Sheogorath

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Greenmote

SquallyDaBeanz
SquallyDaBeanz's picture
Contributor
This is very exciting, I love

This is very exciting, I love what I'm seeing here. We have lots of assets we can use to give each shrine a distinct feel, as well as custom models that could be made. For now, just be creative and unique. The feed back is very good so far. 

firewolx
firewolx's picture
Some more Molag Bal eyecandy

Some more Molag Bal eyecandy I'm working on: 

bluesausage
bluesausage's picture
Wierd sheogorath creature?
Wierd sheogorath creature? Cheese atronach!
ZeroSbr
ZeroSbr's picture
Twisted Logic wrote: As far

Twisted Logic wrote:

As far as I know, the daedric shrines in Morrowind are not all part of one big cult, but various fragmented cults. I think it would be cool if at least one shrine were Mythic Dawn, but it should be far better hidden than your run-of-the-mill Dagon worshipers. The Dawn are smart, powerful, and secretive and should be displayed as such. Could make for a fun higher-level dungeon. ;)

This please. If we're going to put them in, maybe just one or two shrines, and as Twisted Logic has already said, they should be well hidden.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
I hope you're duplicating

I hope you're duplicating your Skyrim forms before adding them. When I was fixing up fire sound effects, I noticed someone was using Skyrim forms for their torches. =p I cleaned up up by duplicating them and replacing them.

firewolx
firewolx's picture
Yeah I'm duplicating all the

Yeah I'm duplicating all the skyrim forms, what happens if I forget though?

Mehh
Mehh's picture
Well, if you forget, if we

Well, if you forget, if we ever decide to convert Skywind to another game, it'll not be converted over. You'll also make Zilav sad. =p

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
Promising stuff. As for any

Promising stuff.

As for any other landscaping, cluttering work, please make sure you read intensively about the location you're changing to make sure you don't remove items necessary for a quest (eg: uesp.net). Or you will make me sad.

firewolx
firewolx's picture
Yes, I'm making sure quest

Yes, I'm making sure quest items and npcs won't get removed!

Isak
Isak's picture
firewolx wrote:

firewolx wrote:

An example of an interior that has been MolagBal-ified with before and after picks can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/xcj95#0

I'm working on Kushtashpi, one of the Molag Bal shrines, and trying to implement some of the ideas from the OP.

I'm using a blue-ish Lighting template like the one shown in the link above, but I can't figure out how to change the color of the animated flames in the braziers. I notice that the type of brazier has been changed in the blue-toned images, but I cant find those with blue flames in the CK either.

Does anyone know how to change the color of the flames to blue?

alysander
alysander's picture
I want to see this not like

I want to see this not like small shrines, but as big, pompous and ancient religious centers.
It shouldn't be filled with many pilgrims, but it could have great altars, filled with geological amounts of donated gifts and offerings.

So, Molag Bal shrine may be cluttered with layers of bones of killed victims, some of they can be living, contained in cages, hanging on the walls and under ceiling. Common colorgems (rubys, emeralds) on altar should be replaced with soulgems with souls of ancient creatures and heroes.
Malacath shrine's altar and it's walls could be incrusted with bones, and skulls as offering.
Mehrunes Dagon ..erm can be filled with blood or smth.
Sheogorath >Instead of summoning a Dremora lord when you pick a cursed item from the altar, something silly can happen.

Sasquatch
Sasquatch's picture
Isak, I think new a new model

Isak, I think a new model would be required for that.  To change the color of the bulb double click light>edit base>color.  Change those settings or select color from palette.

Alysander, I like your vision for the daedric shrines.  I'd like to make some of the important ones larger to fit what you describe I've been toying with the tileset and I think with a few additional architecture pieces and assets something like that would be possible.

Drakonman
Drakonman's picture
how do you decorate something

how do you decorate something with rape?

Drakonman
Drakonman's picture
how do you decorate something

-snip-

Ravanna
Ravanna's picture
Contributor
Donor
^ best question ever asked

^ best question ever asked

Drakonman
Drakonman's picture
iceflame542 wrote:

iceflame542 wrote:

Going back to Sheogorath, if we have some kind of "illness" of mad things happening maybe it could be in the form of Greenmote found at the altar in one of the ruins as a "blessing" by Sheogorath

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Greenmote

as for Shogorath. We need something the shows off his Realm and way of thinking. Both Maina and dementia.

So we need something beautiful but evil. For example like a rose. Roses are beautiful but they have thorns.

but to a more extreme.

" I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them!"

we could have fun with Sheogorath. Considering in elder scrolls online he has a cheese realm of Oblivion to himself. 

oh did i mention he is Obsessed with cheese? 

Sasquatch
Sasquatch's picture
I'm planning to make

I'm planning to make Sheogorath shines not as childish as they might have been by making them the Morrowind version of a Dionysian cult.  So sex excess, revelry, drug use and drinking - altered states of consciousness.  All this is left at the door, the censars break the spell of madness when you leave, but inside its a trip.  I've shown this by the items I've placed inside but also via the atmosphere.  Bright colors whispy shadows and lights flowing around and weird particles of light etc.  I'd like to add sounds like ghostly laughter or other unreal sounds to flesh it out.  Sure it could be goofy like chickens running around and people wearing strange clothes or being naked, but I'd like it to be comically mature (animal house?).

alysander
alysander's picture
Simplest answer of 10 :

> how do you decorate something with rape?
= Simplest answer of 10 :

Sasquatch
Sasquatch's picture
I don't think it should be a

I don't think it should be a love show, more "recklessly uninhibited; unrestrained; undisciplined; frenzied; orgiastic."  All the Sheogorath interiors should showcase extreme behavior.  Also, as a general observation, why are the most offensive, irrelevant, stupid posts getting the most upvotes.  The karmic irony hasnt been lost on me.

Smitehammer
Smitehammer's picture
Contributor
You're describing Sanguine

You're describing Sanguine more than Sheogorath.  Hedonism and drugs aren't Sheo's sphere, madness is.  The mentally deranged.  Psychopaths, schizophrenics and people with dementia, OCD or PTSD.

Sasquatch
Sasquatch's picture
After reading your comment I

After reading your comment I realized that I was making a whole lot of assumptions about Sheograth so I reviewed what is posted on UESP: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Sheogorath#Cultural_Madness

Sheogorath strikes me as a trickster character who both tests and exorcizes psychic weaknesses and after the following notes I think lore supports my interpretation of Sheogorath very strongly.  Sheogorath was once the Prince of Order but is now Prince of Madness (chaos) which mirrors Apollonian and Dionysian themes i previously mentioned:

• The Blessings of Sheogorath, a prayer amongst Sheogorath worshippers, asserts that without Sheogorath, "all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting".
  • They praise him because it is Sheogorath "who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection".

"The Chimer revered Sheogorath in their ancient ancestral worship.[13][22] However, when the Tribunal Temple took power in Morrowind, Sheogorath, as well as Mehrunes Dagon, Malacath, and Molag Bal, became known as one of the "Four Corners of the House of Troubles" to the Dunmer. He is said to have rebelled against the Tribunal, and this is why worship of Sheogorath became punishable by death.[22][nb 6] Nevertheless, Vivec apparently made an agreement with Sheogorath to protect his people from madness, an agreement the Dunmer must occasionally renew by performing the Pilgrimages of the Four Corners. Sheogorath's shrines were abandoned, but many have remained standing into modern times.[23] Legends say Daedra Lords such as Sheogorath built the great shrines themselves because mortals could not build anything grand enough to suit them.[7]" -uesp

• Dunmer believe Sheogorath tests them for psychological weakness.
  • Sheogorath is one of the many prominent Daedric Princes in Khajiiti culture.[13] To them, he is "Sheggorath", the Skooma Cat (for nothing is madder than a cat on skooma).[26]

Is Sheogorath worship legal atm?  Are the Shrines active or abandoned?  Are pilgrimages still being made to these shrines and if so what activity is taking place there?  I also do not think his realm only relates to schizophrenics and psychopaths.  It is madness as a general term and, in lore, it is a kind of madness one that can effect anyone.

The current Sheogorath shrines already feature mind altering potions on the alters as one of the few ways they are differentiated from the other daedric shrines.  For that reason I think it is suitable to continue cluttering other shrines with obj of similar theme.  To avoid confusion with the Sanguin's daedric realm as mentioned by Smitehammer, sexually charged themes should be avoided in favor of crazier antics.

If the shrines are still active I think it would be great to have pilgrims participating in incredibly outrageous antics, downing all manner of mind altering substances and worshiping Sheogorath in an effort to rid themselves of lingering madness in a cult-like spectacle.   This would be much more fun than shrines full of muttering confused people or immediately hostile NPC.  For example in one shrine we could have seating areas with NPCs huddled around and very paranoid or crying while the rest is a party and a couple people who simply run around and screaming punching people at random but eliciting no response.  Some of that would require changing the way AI initially reacts to the player, but it'd be SO much more interesting!

Aurabelle
Aurabelle's picture
@Sasquatch
@Sasquatch Are all those questions before relating to the time period of Morrowind? (Like are the shrines active when Morrowind is set?) Because if so, (if I remember correctly) there is a quest for the Tribunal Temple faction to renew the House of Troubles thingy you mentioned before. Kinda strikes me as odd now I think about it, as in the vanilla game Daedra worship is very much looked down upon, and any 'pilgrims' to the shrines are in there worshiping in secret because of it. So Daedra worship=not really legal, shrines are still active due to 'ilicit' activity and I don't think pilgrims rally go around them, they just live in there if that makes sense.
Sasquatch
Sasquatch's picture
@Aurabelle Yeah, that's what

@Aurabelle Yeah, that's what I was wondering.  I played Morrowind a lot years ago, but much less recently so I've forgotten many of those details.  I think those in the shrines having to be there worshipping in secret supports the idea of walking in on really bizarre cult-like spectacle, especially in Sheogorath shrines.

Smitehammer
Smitehammer's picture
Contributor
Sheogorath protects the

Sheogorath protects the insane at his shrines.  He finds their madness and unique outlooks on life endearing.  The greatest sin in Sheogorath's eyes is to be boring.  'Normal' is boring.  

Think of the folks who lived in Shivering Isles - these are the types of characters that would be found at his shrines, for Sheogorath would draw them to him.  

The orc that thinks he is a Khajiit is a perfect example.  

Others, fleshed out and not inmediately attacking the player could include a paranoid man who thinks the emperor himself  is using telekinesis to spy on him, a pyromaniac who keeps lighting his fingers on fire, a woman raising an ash-yam as a baby, a 'knight' weilding a soup spoon and wearing a bowl on his head as a helmet, two different guys SURE they are actually Vivec and arguing over which one is the real Vivec, a woman obsessed with calendars, someone who is tormented by having the 'Cliffracer Fly' song stuck in his head for eternity, an Argonian that only ever says 'Ribbit', a refined high-born lady convinced that a boorish and lewd sot of a man named Wimbledorf lives in her finger.

Dude.  Yes.

Drakonman
Drakonman's picture
Sasquatch wrote:

Sasquatch wrote:

After reading your comment I realized that I was making a whole lot of assumptions about Sheograth so I reviewed what is posted on UESP: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Sheogorath#Cultural_Madness

Sheogorath strikes me as a trickster character who both tests and exorcizes psychic weaknesses and after the following notes I think lore supports my interpretation of Sheogorath very strongly.  Sheogorath was once the Prince of Order but is now Prince of Madness (chaos) which mirrors Apollonian and Dionysian themes i previously mentioned:

• The Blessings of Sheogorath, a prayer amongst Sheogorath worshippers, asserts that without Sheogorath, "all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting".
  • They praise him because it is Sheogorath "who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection".

"The Chimer revered Sheogorath in their ancient ancestral worship.[13][22] However, when the Tribunal Temple took power in Morrowind, Sheogorath, as well as Mehrunes Dagon, Malacath, and Molag Bal, became known as one of the "Four Corners of the House of Troubles" to the Dunmer. He is said to have rebelled against the Tribunal, and this is why worship of Sheogorath became punishable by death.[22][nb 6] Nevertheless, Vivec apparently made an agreement with Sheogorath to protect his people from madness, an agreement the Dunmer must occasionally renew by performing the Pilgrimages of the Four Corners. Sheogorath's shrines were abandoned, but many have remained standing into modern times.[23] Legends say Daedra Lords such as Sheogorath built the great shrines themselves because mortals could not build anything grand enough to suit them.[7]" -uesp

• Dunmer believe Sheogorath tests them for psychological weakness.
  • Sheogorath is one of the many prominent Daedric Princes in Khajiiti culture.[13] To them, he is "Sheggorath", the Skooma Cat (for nothing is madder than a cat on skooma).[26]

Is Sheogorath worship legal atm?  Are the Shrines active or abandoned?  Are pilgrimages still being made to these shrines and if so what activity is taking place there?  I also do not think his realm only relates to schizophrenics and psychopaths.  It is madness as a general term and, in lore, it is a kind of madness one that can effect anyone.

The current Sheogorath shrines already feature mind altering potions on the alters as one of the few ways they are differentiated from the other daedric shrines.  For that reason I think it is suitable to continue cluttering other shrines with obj of similar theme.  To avoid confusion with the Sanguin's daedric realm as mentioned by Smitehammer, sexually charged themes should be avoided in favor of crazier antics.

If the shrines are still active I think it would be great to have pilgrims participating in incredibly outrageous antics, downing all manner of mind altering substances and worshiping Sheogorath in an effort to rid themselves of lingering madness in a cult-like spectacle.   This would be much more fun than shrines full of muttering confused people or immediately hostile NPC.  For example in one shrine we could have seating areas with NPCs huddled around and very paranoid or crying while the rest is a party and a couple people who simply run around and screaming punching people at random but eliciting no response.  Some of that would require changing the way AI initially reacts to the player, but it'd be SO much more interesting!

he has a whole region in Morrowind named after him. What Sheogorath needs is trickery. Make it look like one thing but its really something else. Maybe the shrine should include some optical illusions around it. Confuse the player with it instead of making them think "oh this is ment to be insanity" make the player feel the insanity. 

Oblivion really was the sheogorath game. Look at his shrine in oblivion and even his artifacts.   For example there is a staff you cant get rid of unless someone else takes it willingly, a scamp always follows the person who currently possess the staff. Sheo gets Laughs from things like that. Look at the wabbajack it turns animals into other animals and makes it rain cats and dogs!   

Sheogorath is childish but he also has a devilish side to him. Even in elder scrolls online they state That you were lucky for meeting sheogorath and you didn't come back disfigured, with a tail or even inside out. He has a really REALLY twisted humor to him.

^ just for an idea of insanity...

I would LOVE to commit all my spare time working on the shrine area for Sheogorath. He is my favorite lore character in the entire series. Even his personality fit with mine, or at least anyone else who thinks its funny to cause chaos and confusion. Getting a laugh from other misfortune and confusion. 
griff5n
griff5n's picture
Sheogorath should spawn
Sheogorath should spawn lethal rabbits when you take something from the shrine. Or spawn a large pile of gold. Use the exploding chickens mod for sheogorath (with the developers permission of course)
Smitehammer
Smitehammer's picture
Contributor
Bosmer woman who speaks in

Bosmer woman who speaks in rhyming iambic heptameter, Khajiit who challenges his shadow to duels, Redguard who wants to be a serial killer but is too afraid of blood, a Breton woman 'chef' obsessed with making the perfect mud pie, an orc woman who moved to Vvardenfell to escape those shifty scheming murderous birds - she knows they're up to something.

Aurabelle
Aurabelle's picture
Love those ideas Smitehammer!
Love those ideas Smitehammer! :D
Isak
Isak's picture
Sasquatch wrote:

Sasquatch wrote:

Isak, I think a new model would be required for that.  To change the color of the bulb double click light>edit base>color.  Change those settings or select color from palette.

Thanks, yes I've got the bulbs changed, but it just looks a bit silly with an orange flame emanating a blue light, so I was hoping that maybe the OP had been using an existing model, or that I could change the color easily somehow. But I'll look into how to make a new model.

Sorry about reviving an old thread, I do like the ideas being thrown around here, and would definitely like the shrines to have a more coherent theme 'feel' to them, than they have in the original Morrowind. OTOH, I think focus should be on moving towards a working build, so I'll try to implement as much of the above as is currently possible, and then the ideas can always be elaborated upon later.

firewolx
firewolx's picture
Hey everyone, 

Hey everyone, 

Unfortunately I quit working on this project awhile go, my sincere apologies for not letting you know. I see new people have been assigned to the Daedric Shrines. Here is a link to the ESP file I was using for the Daedric Shrines (http://speedy.sh/7kFAk/DaedricShrines.esp). It includes the places you see in the pictures above. If you want to see on what places I have worked, then go to this link (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Arez62fgyoa5dDRLSGI0U3JMdDZzRmdQRGw0QXUwVFE&usp=drive_web#gid=0), select file > revision history and select the revision of march 1. Here you can see on which dungeons I've worked in the file. Hopefully it can still be of use to you guys. 

Again, my apologies for quitting. If you have any questions, I will probably check on this forum once in awhile. Good luck on this project!  

EDIT: 

Some shrines have been worked on more than others. I don't know on the top of my head, but I primarily worked on a few Bolag Mal and Mehrunes Dagon shrines. The Bolag Mal interiors have primarily been made blueish to fit with the theme of the god, and some have been added some extra flavour as can be seen int he forum post I wrote. If you can't access the excel post: I worked on Ashalmawia, Esutanamus, Onnissiralis, Ularradallaku, Yansirramus and Yasammidan.

Sasquatch
Sasquatch's picture
Could you leave the names of

[edit]

Thanks for update.  Adding a link to a updated WIP sheet on the navmesh and cluttering section accessible to contributors would help keep track of progress across the board.  I'll update the most current sheet with the shrines I've been working on.

Sasquatch
Sasquatch's picture
@Isak

@Isak

The brazier you are looking for is:

"01WRBrazierBowl01"

Architecture\WhiteRun\WRClutter\WRBrazierBowl01.nif

It's under skyrim data.

Sasquatch
Sasquatch's picture
I'm not seeing any added

I'm not seeing any added clutter in these interiors so I'd like someone else to check them to see if something is wrong on my end.  The changed lights are there but no clutter. AshalmawiaSunkenShrine is one that I know should have a cage and skeleton on lower area that should be easy to check.  If it isnt there hopefully firewolx can be contacted to leave us the latest version of his work.

Isak
Isak's picture
Thanks for the info firevolx,

Thanks for the info firevolx, that is very useful indeed.

@Sasquatch, thanks, I'll be implementing that brazier.

As for the AshalmawiaSunkenShrine, I see the cage with 2 skeletons and a corpse, which looks like what firevolx posted in the image some posts above this, so I think the file is ok. But if you don't see it, I can only guess it could be because you are loading the full Skyrim.esm file, instead of the stripped one that I found a link to in this post.

Before I started using that, I also had the problem that my work didn't get saved properly, and random objects would go missing when loading .esp files, so I highly recommend backing up the full skyrim.esm, and loading this one in the CK instead.

firewolx
firewolx's picture
Edited my last post to make

Edited my last post to make it more clear what I worked on. 

Sasquatch, I just tried it again with the downloaded .esp and I do see the props myself. Might be a problem on your end? 

By the way, nice excel sheet.

firewolx
firewolx's picture
Isak wrote:

Someone told me my Molag Bal shrines might be forfeited because Eloth doesn't want the blue lighting. If this is confirmed by Eloth you can't use the blue colour, it's fairly easy to reset it to default and search and replace the blue braziers with the default braziers. If you want to see what I've added. All things that I have placed have a 01xxx name in the objects tab in the cell view (I also used C06FXfireBlueWithEmbersHeavy for the blue flames, these still have to be changed into a 01xxx version). Obviously you aren't obliged to use my work, but it might save you and the project quite a bit of work since Ashalmawia is pretty much finished and Esutanamus has been changed quite a bit already. I took a quick look to see what cells I have done most work on: 

AshalmawiaShrine (Molag Bal) and AshalmawiaShrineSunkenVault we're modified quite a lot. Added lots of small clutter, mists, lighting and turned the atmosphere blue-ish in line with the Bolag Theme and added some cages/contraptions like you can see in the forum post. 

EsutanamusShrine (Molag Bal) has been modified quite a bit as well. Added some clutter, added mists, blue lighting, blue flames in line with the Bolag Theme. I also added some scenery to make it look a bit more fitting for a Molag Bal shrine. Here's a picture with an example: http://i.imgur.com/q88Jz9V.jpg. I have been trying some stuff out here, so it's still unfinished and probably not in the right direction theme wise. 

The below shrines have been changed with basic stuff. Usually just by adding mists, cowebs, changing lighting and/or adding some better braziers. 

YasammidanShrine (Mehrunes Dagon): added mists, some cobwebs, lighting effects and a new altar on which the items lay (the Mehrunes Dagon Altar from Skyrim).

YansirramusShrine (Molag Bal): added mists, better lighting, upgraded braziers (but haven't find > replaced them with the blue ones yet). 

UlarradallakuShrine (Mehrunes Dagon): added mists, cobwebs, better lighting/braziers and added some new rocks to the cave pathways. 

OnnissiralisShrine (Sheogorath): Small mounts of change, just some mists and lighting changes and some extra braziers.

Isak wrote:

I'm using a blue-ish Lighting template like the one shown in the link above, but I can't figure out how to change the color of the animated flames in the braziers. I notice that the type of brazier has been changed in the blue-toned images, but I cant find those with blue flames in the CK either.

Does anyone know how to change the color of the flames to blue?

The blue brazier fire is actually a whole different model. It's under moveable static and it's called C06FXfireBlueWithEmbersHeavy. If you don't have it for some reason, let me know then I can send the model to you.

If you have any questions or requests, let me know! 

Antheneh
Antheneh's picture
I'm not sure how creative we

I'm not sure how creative we can be, but if you're asking for ideas can I assume we can be pretty off the walls, In which case; it would be pretty cool to see a corridor that as you walk through, the room slowly turns upside down (like that out of Zelda, I think it was Ocarina of Time). Another thing you could add could be like things you find near the shrine but changed and deformed in crazy ways. Last idea, if there are NPC's (if possible), it would be cool have their shoes on their hands and vice versa.

And if it's supposed to be more like an exact recreation I apologize :pp