Pages

64 posts / 0 new
Last post
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
wtf people honestly

Um yeah.  I love how no one reads the FAQ...

Please respect Bethesda's legal concerns and do not post or discuss Morroblivion on the Bethesda official forums, TES Nexus, Planet Elder Scrolls, other similar sites, social networking sites etc.

If we have to move the site to be hosted in Cuba (or some sketchy place) because the Zenimax legal people have our collective nuts in a vice, I'm going to be pissed.

Sigh.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
thermador wrote:Um yeah.  I

thermador wrote:

Um yeah.  I love how no one reads the FAQ...

Please respect Bethesda's legal concerns and do not post or discuss Morroblivion on the Bethesda official forums, TES Nexus, Planet Elder Scrolls, other similar sites, social networking sites etc.

If we have to move the site to be hosted in Cuba (or some sketchy place) because the Zenimax legal people have our collective nuts in a vice, I'm going to be pissed.

Sigh.

Oh my bad, maybe delete this thread then?
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
The damage is already done. 

The damage is already done.  Nothing we can do now but sit back and wait...

digitalparanoid
digitalparanoid's picture
@thermador I did read it and

@thermador I did read it and I do agree with it. I think the people that posted on there were not people really involved here... anyway...

Clint
Clint's picture
@ThermadorYeah, I'm pretty

@Thermador

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it wasnt any of the forum members that posted it. I thought it was pretty much PCGamer caught wind of us, then published a story, and then every other media/gaming publication took PCGamer's story and published it. But it seems to have started with PCGamer.

Anyways, I guess that doesn't really matter anymore now. We should just keep doing what we're doing, and tell others not to post about Morroblivion or Skywind up on the modding sites.

Damn, now that I think about it, we might have screwed up with some people posting on Reddit and youtube and such. I kinda let that go (but I looking back I shoudn't have) since others did the same with Morroblivion, but it didn't get publicized nearly as much as this.

Paroditean
Paroditean's picture
As long as no original assets

As long as no original assets from either Morrowind or Oblivion are hosted on this site, I don't think that anything can be done legally against you guys. 

malgarroth
malgarroth's picture
Bethesda would have to be

Bethesda would have to be VERY stupid not to know Skywind is happening by now.

I'd have thought that if they were going to get in touch, they would have by now.

Shadow
Shadow's picture
Yep, or they are just biding

Yep, or they are just biding their time and assembling a massive army of bloodthirsty vampires.... uh lawyers. 

malgarroth
malgarroth's picture
TBH I think Bethesda Studios

TBH I think Bethesda Studios themselves don't mind, in-fact I'd bet one of our volunteers is secretly one of them. (I'm looking at you, Eloth) :P

I bet Todd Howard plays the sh*t out of Morroblivion at home.

It's just Zenimax.

And we've adhered to their stipulations and I imagine the team will adhere to more should they arise.

We should be okay.

Somebody should probably ask them about the Oblivion stuff though. I'm almost sure that same issue isn't... well, an issue.

ironman12345
ironman12345's picture
The stange thing,is that most

The stange thing,is that most big software houses use volunteers,I have been using computers and building them since way back in the late `70s,and have submitted a lot of work to now gone software outlets all for free,must have been mad back then,LOL.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
malgarroth wrote:I bet Todd

malgarroth wrote:

You are now picturing Todd Howard playing Morroblivion at 3am, in a dark room and RAGING about CTDs due to mod conflicts.
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
malgarroth wrote:I bet Todd

malgarroth wrote:

Lol, I doubt that's what he's doing.  More like:

• Destruction derby yacht racing against Bill Gates and his wife somewhere off the coast of Montenegro.
  • Swimming with Sports Illustrated models in pools filled with $1,000-per-bottle champagne.
  • Shopping for diamond-encrusted monocles, top hats lined with the fur of wool mammoths, and dolphin-skin shoes. 
  • Smoking cigars hand-rolled by Fidel Castro's great grandmother with Castro himself there to hold the ashtray. 
  • Driving million-dollar Bugatti's and when they break down the first time, shooting them full of holes with real Thompson sub-machine guns and then launching them out of a giant catapult and blowing them up in the sky with a rocket launcher. 
  • Flying a helicopter to the top of Kilimanjaro, jumping out and letting the helicopter crash and explode, and then snowboarding all the way down the mountain while drinking a bottle of 1865 Chateau Lafite.

You know.  Rich guy stuff.

Mehh
Mehh's picture
=| My idea is more fun and

=| My idea is more fun and funny to picture though!

Also, http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119724-Skywind-Mod...

Pages