23 posts / 0 new
Last post
qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
2019 Project Status and Update

Hello and happy 2019 everyone :)

Now, first of all, I would like to apologize for disappearing without a trace for about 2 years now - I've had some changes in life, which left me with less time for hobbies.

However, I've recently became interested in Oblivion modding again and dug up all the old files - and Morroblivion is by far the biggest project I've been involved in.

Now, it's going to take some time to catch up with what's been going on on here, and also to remember how everything works in general :), but I have a pretty solid plan on what to do in the near future:

1. Compile and release the new Morroblivion master, containing all the fixes and changes over the years.

2. I'll release all my WIP mods and little bits to the community as-is. Now, I understand that'll be disappointing to some people, if they were waiting for the finished mods, but that's the best I can do at the moment - I realistically do not have the free time to do everything I planned at some point. Maybe someone else will want to continue my WIP work, or maybe someone can enjoy it in unfinished state.

Now, when will it all happen? Obviously, I cannot tell for sure, but I estimate that around February-March.

As to what's going to happen after, I'm not so sure. As I said, I can't develop such a large mod alone, and I don't know how active community is/would be. I think, the most realistic course at this moment is doing yearly "maintenance" updates and do not expect any groundbreaking developments for Morroblivion.

Diana TES GotH
Diana TES GotH's picture
It is great to see you back

It is great to see you back qwertyasdfgh. I'm excited to learn of the future plans. I for one would love to help in any way I can. I have been educating myself on modding in general. Some things I still need to learn, but I'm very excited and eager to do anything you need help with.

Branovices
Branovices's picture
Glad to hear it.

Glad to hear it.

Diana TES GotH
Diana TES GotH's picture
(No subject)

This is a communication between me and one of Nexus Mods Community Manager's, Pickysaurus. He is the one who has also been assisting me with transitioning my Morroblivion Overhaul guide from S.T.E.P. to the Nexus Wiki.

"Ultimately, as long as the mod now complies with both Nexus Mods and Bethesda's relevant ToS, we'd like to have it return to our platform. 

I'd be happy to discuss with the team/project leads if they're interested."

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Thank you for showing

Thank you for showing interest.

Regarding Morroblivion's legal status, it is a bit of a mess, really :)
Original "Morroblivion", released in 2007 was just a converter program - it didn't distribute any of the Morrowind's meshes/textures, but provided a way to automatically convert then on user's computer, and yet it was still not okay with Bethesda. I do not know what exactly their problem was, but anyway Morroblivion was removed from Nexus. This topic contains a more complete version of events, and there's a link to Nexus Forums topic from 2008 too.

Does Morroblivion still use some Morrowind's assets today? Yes, it does. Some were replaced (mostly textures), but the bulk of architecture/landscape meshes are still converted from Morrowind. Just to clarify, I'm talking about thousands of files here - recreating them all from scratch will take a dedicated and skilled team and years of work - this is what Skywind team is doing, and from the looks of it are nowhere near finishing.

Diana TES GotH
Diana TES GotH's picture
qwertyasdfgh wrote:

qwertyasdfgh wrote:

Thank you for showing interest.

Regarding Morroblivion's legal status, it is a bit of a mess, really :)
Original "Morroblivion", released in 2007 was just a converter program - it didn't distribute any of the Morrowind's meshes/textures, but provided a way to automatically convert then on user's computer, and yet it was still not okay with Bethesda. I do not know what exactly their problem was, but anyway Morroblivion was removed from Nexus. This topic contains a more complete version of events, and there's a link to Nexus Forums topic from 2008 too.

Does Morroblivion still use some Morrowind's assets today? Yes, it does. Some were replaced (mostly textures), but the bulk of architecture/landscape meshes are still converted from Morrowind. Just to clarify, I'm talking about thousands of files here - recreating them all from scratch will take a dedicated and skilled team and years of work - this is what Skywind team is doing, and from the looks of it are nowhere near finishing.

I have been a fan of the project since 2015 and excited to see it continue to develop. I am even hoping to play it with my grandchildren soon (the oldest grandchild is already 8 years old). 

Now I understand why this is still a slippery slope to tread. I was mistaken that Morroblivion no longer uses Morrowind's assets. While I had read the topic of Morroblivion's History in the past, it is good to be reminded. I still have much to learn, but I am honored to help in any way I can. 

Turul1989
Turul1989's picture
welcome back qwertyasdfgh
ponyrider0
ponyrider0's picture
Contributor
Glad to see you are back. 

Glad to see you are back.  Although I am unable to help for another 6-7 months, I should still have the individual fix mods I used in the last Morroblivion Unofficial Patch (2017-Dec-18) backed up some where.  I will try to coordinate with you as you get back up and running with Morroblivion.

DaggerfallTeam
DaggerfallTeam's picture
Donor
Welcome Back! The legend has

Welcome Back! The legend has Returned :p

I've updated the Path Grids in Ebonheart Exterior, They're posted on the Nexus. I'm very interested in seeing a updated Morroblivion and have some ideas for improvements, I'll be continuing fixing up Path Grids feel free to incorporate them into the Master.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
ponyrider0 wrote:

ponyrider0 wrote:

Glad to see you are back.  Although I am unable to help for another 6-7 months, I should still have the individual fix mods I used in the last Morroblivion Unofficial Patch (2017-Dec-18) backed up some where.  I will try to coordinate with you as you get back up and running with Morroblivion.

Thank you! You did a great job on unofficial patch, however when merging fixes into the master it is much easier to work with small files that deal with just one thing, rather than a big pack. If you have any separate fixes, that would be very welcome.

Daggerfall Rebuilt Dev wrote:

I've updated the Path Grids in Ebonheart Exterior, They're posted on the Nexus. I'm very interested in seeing a updated Morroblivion and have some ideas for improvements, I'll be continuing fixing up Path Grids feel free to incorporate them into the Master.

Thanks! I will include this in the next update, excellent work.

Diana TES GotH
Diana TES GotH's picture
I do have one favor to ask

I do have one favor to ask with any future updates. OBME is problematic with the latest Windows 10 especially, but has also been known to cause problems for users since its initial release. The current Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_Magic_Addon.esp requires it. Is it feasible to make certain that OBME will not be required for all future updates or patches?

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Diana TES GotH wrote:

Diana TES GotH wrote:

I do have one favor to ask with any future updates. OBME is problematic with the latest Windows 10 especially, but has also been known to cause problems for users since its initial release. The current Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_Magic_Addon.esp requires it. Is it feasible to make certain that OBME will not be required for all future updates or patches?

OBME addon for Morroblivion was always optional and I don't plan to change that.

However, I don't think OS is relevant here. I have Win 10 and play with OBME just fine. Most issues with it I heard of are due to mod conflicts.

Diana TES GotH
Diana TES GotH's picture
qwertyasdfgh wrote:

qwertyasdfgh wrote:

OBME addon for Morroblivion was always optional and I don't plan to change that.

However, I don't think OS is relevant here. I have Win 10 and play with OBME just fine. Most issues with it I heard of are due to mod conflicts.

Windows Defender was blocking OBME.dll and OBME_CS.dll until I manually selected them in my Windows Defender Exclusions list. I have to do the same for other ddl files as well. I agree that OBME also has several mod conflicts, and it is mostly for this reason that I do not like using it.  
Prince-Moth
Prince-Moth's picture
Hello. I have been working on

Hello. I have been working on a Morroblivion alone for a long time. I have plenty of time to pull such a large-scale project. I would like to join forces with you to make a decent competition for a Skywind.

Currently, work is underway on the following:
• Top quality textures.
• Top quality meshes.
• New clothes and armor.
• Patch for "Oblivion Character Overhaul".
• Full compatibility with "Oblivion Reload".
• Rework of the world.
• Error correction.

Screenshots will be soon. Bother me anytime.

Prince-Moth
Prince-Moth's picture
If you need my Facebook

If you need my Facebook contact, then tell me.

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
Hello, Prince-Moth.

Hello, Prince-Moth.

Looking forward to seeing your work, sounds interesting.

SgtYoung
SgtYoung's picture
First of all welcome back

First of all welcome back qwertyasdfgh, I noticed that for the last few releases of the project, Morroblivion has been largely reliant on your existence... so welcome back.

Now... I hate to be that guy, but im obligated by my nature as a fan of this project to be THAT guy... Whats the sitrep here? Is the March release still a possibility or should we expect something later?

Im also wondering if Bloodmoon and Tribunal will be debugged with this upcoming public release... well debugged to play "smoothly".

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
        Is the March release

Is the March release still a possibility or should we expect something later?

I really can't tell. Depends on how much free time I'll have, which is a bit unpredictable. You'll have to be patient, there's a lot of fixes/addons that were developed over the years.

Im also wondering if Bloodmoon and Tribunal will be debugged with this upcoming public release... well debugged to play "smoothly".

Tribunal should already be playable, from my understanding. There are fixes for expansion quests in the update, more for the Bloodmoon.

urxios
urxios's picture
I really wanted to translate

I really wanted to translate morroblivion into Portuguese (Brazil), could you help me by making dialogue files available?

qwertyasdfgh
qwertyasdfgh's picture
What do you mean by "dialogue

What do you mean by "dialogue files"? All dialogue is in the master.

superliuk
superliuk's picture
https://tesrenewal.com/forums

https://tesrenewal.com/forums/oblivion/morroblivion-mod-rele... you talking about this?
In any case use ESP/ESM Translator for skyrim special edition on nexusmods

OddErwin
OddErwin's picture
I created this account with

I created this account with the express purpose of asking if you could create an optional "player" chest for factions and guilds. 

For hypothetically.  If a player joined any particular guild, they would have the option of being given, say, a bunk and chest as a reward at an area of their choosing. this way players have a safe place to put gear without fear of spawn issues/conflicts.

Or anything to this extent, please.

MadViking
MadViking's picture
So, March came and went, we

So, March came and went, we've not seen a single update in this project since some time in February... Will there still be a v0.65 release in 2019? 2020? Ever?