Skip to main content

INI : Unable to use 360 controller for dialogues

Submitted by o.michael on

Hi everyone !

If this topic has already been resolved, please show me the way and i'll go right to it !

Otherwise, i succeed to synchronise my 360 controller with morroblivion. I can use left and right pads to travel. I can open doors, use spells, etc.

But i can't find a way to use my buttons in the dialogues :(

I'm sure it's in the.ini file but i have not clue where to start. Any help ? :)

Cheers (and thank you for your awesome work on this game).

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Is this a problem only with Morroblivion dialog or with Oblivion dialog as well?  Also, are you using an app to map gamepad keys to mouse/keyboard controls?  If so, which one?  Check out these links for reference:

https://tesrenewal.com/forums/morroblivion-problems/controller-support-help

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/28902/?

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hi ! Thanks for helping.

1- i didn't know that there was morrowind/oblivion dialog...how can i try each one ? Any npc in particular ? (I played morrowind before. I'll get to him)

2- I bought xpadder for oblivion but finally, it work without. So i play with xpadder closed.

3- Do you want me to install the Oblivion xbox 360 Gamepad ?

4- Here is my .ini controls

[Controls]
fVersion=1.8000
Forward=0011FF24
Back=001FFF08
Slide Left=001EFFFF
Slide Right=0020FFFF
Use=0010FFFF
Activate=0038FF02
Block=00120104
Cast=0013FFFF
Ready Item=0021FF20
Crouch/Sneak=003AFFFF
Run=001DFFFF
Always Run=002AFFFF
Auto Move=00FFFFFF
Jump=0039FF03
Toggle POV=00520209
Menu Mode=000FFF01
Rest=000EFF0A
Quick Menu=003BFFFF
Quick1=000207FF
Quick2=00030621
Quick3=0004FFFF
Quick4=0005FF23
Quick5=0006FFFF
Quick6=0007FF25
Quick7=0008FFFF
Quick8=0009FF27
QuickSave=003FFF07
QuickLoad=0043FF06
Grab=002CFF00
bInvertYValues=0
fXenonLookXYMult=0.0005
fMouseSensitivity=0.0016
;X = 1, Y = 2, Z = 3, XRot = 4, YRot = 5, ZRot = 6
iJoystickMoveFrontBack=2
iJoystickMoveLeftRight=1
fJoystickMoveFBMult=2.0000
fJoystickMoveLRMult=2.0000
iJoystickLookUpDown=5
iJoystickLookLeftRight=4
fJoystickLookUDMult=0.7500
fJoystickLookLRMult=0.7500
fXenonMenuMouseXYMult=0.0003
bBackground Mouse=0
bBackground Keyboard=0
bUse Joystick=1
fXenonLookMult=0.0030
fXenonMenuStickSpeedMaxMod=5.0000
iXenonMenuStickSpeedThreshold=20000
iXenonMenuStickThreshold=1000
;Language values: 0-English, 1-German, 2-French, 3-Spanish, 4-Italian
iLanguage=2
SlideLeft=001EFF26
SlideRight=0020FF22
fXenonMenuStickMapCursorMinSpeed=1.0000
fXenonMenuStickMapCursorMaxSpeed=15.0000
fXenonMenuStickMapCursorGamma=0.1700
fXenonMenuStickSpeedPlayerRotMod=3000.0000
fXenonMenuDpadRepeatSpeed=300.0000
fXenonMenuStickSpeed=300.0000
iXenonMenuStickDeadZone=15000
 

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

And i'm working on "Documents/My Games/Oblivion.ini" :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hi everyone !

Thank you ponyrider0. I did the tutoriel and i ended up with Pinnacle (free version) along with the "Oblivion Pinnacle gamer profil=pin. for pinnacle". I installed it in my e:/steam/oblivion

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/28902/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Foblivion%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D28902&pUp=1

 

It works well for the camera direction but:

-I can't move properly: left pad (the one to move) -> works well for going back for the down one and for going right with the right one. The left one parry and i go forward anyway. I can't stop.

-Oblivion gamer profile didn't assign buttons with functionalities. If i do Y, i won't jump. So i assign manually Y to jump in Pinnacle, doesn't work too.

Still, if i close Pinnacle, i may use any buttons/controller, nothing works.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

And i did this in the first place ofc:

 

bUse Joystick=1

change it to

bUse Joystick=0

Then go into Bethesda Softworks/Oblivion and open up the Oblivion_default configuration. Then scroll down and find

bUse Joystick=1

change it to

bUse Joystick=0

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yo !

I just activated the qwerty mode and it works well now !

Last thing: i can navigate in the menu but if i want to jump, it's on X and not on Y. L and R trigger haven't any command, etc.

I went to game "Game Profiles" in Pinnacle/ edit configuring to change the Y button to jump by Y button/standard commands/jump.

But doesn't impact the morrowblivion in anyway :/

 

Any solutions ? 

 

Cheers

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Up

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yo.

I finally found by myself: i followed some tutorials for pinnacle and i just downloaded the oblivion's profile from pinnacle.com and put my keyboard from azerty to qwerty.

Works perfectly well.

I can finally play in my bed like the unworthy piece of fat i have always been. Yay.

Thanks again for the amazing job on Morroblivion !

Karma: 0 (0 votes)