Skip to main content

Huleeya won't follow ;_;

Submitted by Soraph on
Hey all, I recently discovered Morroblivion; I've had both Morrowind GOTY and Oblivion GOTY for ages now but for years I've been afraid to touch mods of any kind xD In the last year though I've been going mod crazy so ofc when I found out of the existence of Morroblivion I just had to check it out; with Morrowind being one of my favourite oldtime games; I would gladly play the orginal again if it actually worked on Vista..which sadly it doesn't ;_; Anyhow I'm loving Morroblivion so far and I don't know if this is a know issue, I tried searching " Huleeya" and "informants" on the forums and didn't find any existing problems so I thought I'd ask here. I assumed that since the main quest was complete that a majority of bugs and stuff were worked out of it too; maybe it's a problem on my end and not the mod, I don't know >.< I haven't had any problems with it previously though. Basicaly I'm part way through the 3 Vivec informants quest; finished the one with the Thieves Guild member; not started the part at the Temple and am stuck on the Foreign Quarter part with Huleeya. I spoke to him and he of course told me about the thugs. So as I used to on Morrowind I went and calmed them down with persuasion until they were happy to let the Argonian go. I spoke to Huleeya and selected the travel together option to which he said his usual dialogue, then when choosing between follow me and wait here, I of course chose follow me; only he won't follow me >.< I tried pressing wait here instead but as expected, nothing. I tried reloading/restarting, nothing. I tried the player.placeatme with his ID but it didn't recognise it which I kind of expected...so I assumed that the complete quest command wouldn't work even if I did know the quests ID. It's not that he can't move because I can push him across the floor to the door and he happily walks back to his original spot after I stop pushing xD I tried going to the book store anyway to see if he would be there but he wasn't, just Jobasha and an Ordinator like usual. I take it there's no way I can use the console to move him or get him to follow me since he isn't an Oblivion NPC >.< Someone help meeeeeeeeeeee lol pwease :3
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

You have not actually given enough information on your setup. Like, what Morroblivion mods are you using? What Master? Etc. You should get a quest update saying "I spoke with the troublesome fools bothering Huleeya, and they agreed to leave him alone." If you don't get that, he won't follow you. Meaning you haven't spoken to the proper thug. If you just kill the thugs that won't work. I think this is an oversight that I will correct. Nobody else has reported any errors with this, so my only guess is that there is a conflicting mod. My Master file is NOT compatible with any other Morroblivion mod except World Transport, especially ones like CNME that update lots of NPC's. EditorID's like "0huleeya" don't work with Console Commands in-game. EditorID's are for the Editor Only. In-game you need to use an Object's FormID (which you could get with FormIDFinder).
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hmm sorry for lacking info there, as I say I don't really know much about mods and stuff, I just read through the lengthy tutorials for each game to see how they're installed and then the read me's for each mod. As far as other mods go all I got were the ones from the download page on this website, ehm I got the: Morrowind_ob.esm Version v018 Master File -- 44.1 MB Morroblivion Complete Installation Part 1 -- 197 MB Morroblivion Complete Installation Part 2 -- 166 MB Morrowind_ob Support Files 2 -- 105.6 MB MorrowOblivion_World Transport.esp Mod v2 -- 15 KB I got all of the parts and patches for Vvardenfel Imports, the unofficial oblivion patch I already had, got the Vivec for Robert's, and I already had Ely's Silent Voice and OBSE. I didn't get any from the section of extra downloads if you need or want since everything seemed to be fine as it was. After speaking to the thugs and calming them down I think I did get the quest update telling me that and that he would now travel with me; and if I select the topic filthy lizard from any of the thugs they all say they don't care, he can go etc. etc. As for Oblivion mods I only really have a few clothes for my character. If you need furthur detail you'll have to be reeeeeaaaaally specific I'm afraid...as I say, I'm a nub >.<
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I have no idea what to tell you; this works flawlessly for me. I have run through this over and over again, and have not been able to get it NOT to work properly. v019 will be out later today with a fix so that if you kill the thugs because you didn't calm them down first, then Huleeya will recognize that he is safe and follow you to the bookstore. Or ~SetStage fbmw04c 20
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Haha maybe it's just that I smell bad. Before cleaning out my rabbit I loaded an old save just after obtaining the Dwemer Puzzle Box and went from there; pretty much the same thing happened again, it updates with the exact text you said it should after I successfully calmed the thugs down. When I speak to him again and select follow me, he says he will and I get a furthur update saying he's agreed to follow me to the book store, he's on his way with me now kinda thing. So all the quest related stuff is fine, he just seems to not actually follow me even though he says he will. I must have something broken somewhere >.< Oh well, I can try it with other way when it's out and see what happens. If he still won't follow I'll probably just leave it at that; will still keep it installed anyhow just for the novelty of wandering around again lol. If I can be bothered I might start from scratch and reinstall everything again I guess; not having a go at you or the project anyways :3 I was pretty sure the problem would be my end somewhere xD Cheers for the fast replies though; sorry I can't be of any help to the project >.< If I knew anything about it I'd dive in but the tutorials just confuse and frustrate me >.< not to mention I've spent a good part of the year learning how to use the toolset for Dragon Age: Origins and made a few rubbish mods...took me a loooong time to get the hang of it though and by the end of it I didn't even want to play DA anymore I was so fed up with looking at it >.< Didn't want the same thing to happen with TES. EDIT: I decided just to use the console xD I'm not really an RPer so it's no big deal lol; if I'd of known "sqt" gave you the quest ID I would probably of done that in the first place rather than bother anyone here with this >.< apparently I forgot to write that one down though. Thanks again :3
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hi there, firstly thanks again for the project, im enjoying it loads.

Right, ive got the the same place as the chap obove and the same dude just wont budge whatever I try and do, same as whatever the above guy has tried to do. As witht he chap above, im a complete newbie and well, black is black and white is white so allot of this mod stuff and codes and wotnot is complicated, extra complicated due to health but im getting there.

After this message to you, im off to look in your download page for this v019 and, im going to check my folders to see if ive allready got it. You know what. ive just realised something, the dates of the forum messages etc mean that i more than likely have the v019 allready downloaded and installed.

ok. im a dunmer, my personality is good, ive tried talking to all of them, quest updated etc, argonian wont follow, so i taunt the two bad dudes closer to the exit and they attack me so i defend myself, that went ok, then i try to taunt the dude next to the argonian, he has stopped responding and will not attack me, his text tells me that he's attempting to attack but he aint attacking physically at all, that and the icon flickers strangley when i hover it over the character, the guy at the bar is still stood at the bar uninvolved as is ok. Any advice good sir?

thanks again. James Castle.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Im downloading version 045 at present and will install accordingly and see what happenes in the quest line, otherwise i'll continue wondering around Vardenfall doing little things here and there. thanks again

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

OK, I understand that you don't know about modding, but as I have said, I need specific details. > "ive got the the same place as the chap obove and the same dude just wont budge" ...does not give me anything to go on. What, EXACTLY, have you done; what have you said? To who? What have the NPC's said? Which NPC's? Not "the guy," tell me names. Be specific. What Topic in the dialog screen show up? Which ones have you selected? I have run though this quest several times, and as I have said, have never been able to NOT make it work. Since this topic first came up last January, I DID update the quest so that if you kill the thugs without talking to Huleeya first, he will still recognize that it's OK to leave.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I just pulled out an old save, and went through this again. When you approach Hulyeea he will greet you. 1. Huleeya will tell you that he wants to leave, but thugs are threatening him. 2-Option 1: Talk to one of the thugs and convince him to leave Hulyeea alone. 2-Option 2: Kill all three thugs. 3. When you talk to Huyleea again, he will recognize that it is safe to continue. 4. Select the topic "Travel Together" from Hulyeea's dialog. 5. Select the sub-Topic "Follow Me" This quest works flawlessly. The "Travel Together" dialog is VERY common in Morrowind; most of the quests that involve NPC's following the player use this topic. My only guess is that you have not selected the "Travel Together --> Follow me" topic. OR, you have something conflicting. If this does not help, the next step would be to go to www.mediafire.com, upload your save game, then send me the link in a PM.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Could someone take a look at the 'follow me' and 'wait here' topics, resulting scripts, and AI packages. I've had continueing trouble with these topics across different quests and versions and I'm wondering if there is a bug there.

General Specifics: People across the board from Mirsa the Solsthiem Missionary, to Huleeya, to the person you escort in the first east empire tradeing have refused to follow me or have followed me when they shouldn't after starting that dialogue. It makes me think that perhaps the topic/script/ai package may be at fault instead of individual factors.

I may look into it some time myself as well, though I'm not really good at AI yet...

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

There is nothing wrong with Huyleea; he followed me exactly like he should. Huyleea has followed me Every time I have dug out the save from before I entered Black Shalk Corner Club. I have not been able to make him NOT behave like he is supposed to. If you mean for new quests that haven't been done yet, then yes, things will probably be missing. Or, if you mean the Bloodmoon Quests that I haven't debugged yet, then yes they are probably buggy. Out of the box, the Queen of the Ashlands applied a method that SHOULD work perfectly, but has proven to be problamatic. NPC's continue following you when they're not supposed to; there is apparently a bug in the way Oblivion reacts to AI criteria. When orderd to follow the player, it works like a charm, but when ordered to stop, the AI package continues to run. I added scripts to every NPC I encountered that follows the player, telling them to stop when they are supposed to. I use 0din as my template because it's easy to remember. When you get to an NPC that is supposed to follow the player, copy this script, apply it to the new NPC, and edit it for the specifics of the quest. I do NOT like the way this is handled in these scripts... but they work. I have completed Every quest in all of the guilds, the Main Quest, and most of the side quests where NPC's are supposed to follow the player. I have updated them so that they all work fine.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

That makes sense, and its very possible my experiances were because these npcs lacked the script. I'll look into it, and when I start debugging bloodmoon I'll use the script.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)