Skip to main content

Crazy Batou (or Is there a way to turn off the essential flag for morroblivion chars?)

Submitted by diegolima on
Hello there, I was exploring the Maren Ancestral Tomb and I came across Crazy Batou. In morrowind whenever you killed him you got a warning telling that you killed an important character but it was not true (see http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Crazy_Batou). On morroblivion there is no way to kill him, since he was imported with the essential flag. I tried to bring up the console and use "SetEssential 0186ade1 0" but it said that the actor base 0186ade1 was invalid (I got the actor no. by clicking on crazy batou). Is there a way to turn that off? Or at least loot him? I really wanted his helmet :(
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yeah that is a good question... I find it ridiculous that any character should be marked essential in Morroblivion. It wasn't like that in Morrowind, so I wonder why they changed it... I don't know thow to turn it off, but hopefully someone does because I too am wondering this.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

You can try going to the cs and choose the NPC you want turn off the essential flag and create a new plugin . I just wonder why would you want that helmet when you could get the same helmet by doing the bloodworm helm quest in the mages guild quest?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well, for me at least, it is more personal preference. In Morrowind, you could kill anyone, and if you did you suffered the consequences. I like that, and I think that it would be cool in Morroblivion.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)