Just another minor issue, conversation text appears and disappears too quickly. It's not a biggie, but it can make quests and the story a bit hard to follow. I suspect that it's because there's no voice acting files.
Fair enough.
Fair enough.
Sorry, Half Asleep
I'm sorry, I was half asleep when I made that post. I should have explained further.
Oblivion times the text in dialog by using the length of the .mp3 voice file that goes along with it. If there is no voice file, the default is 2 seconds.
That has caused ENDLESS problems with Oblivion modding. There are two alternatives that I had indicated.
The first alternative is the one I use, Ely's Silent Voice which is available on Nexus. This is a great mod and highly recommended.
The other alternative would be to use Tes4Gecko to generate Silent voice files for every line of dialog in Morrowind. That would be excessive, but you could also generate lip-sync files to go along with them.
Personally, I do not like lip-syncned silent dialog. To me it just looks creepy. I, therefore, never use this option myself.
I am having the same issue.
I am having the same issue. I have installed the Silent Voice Mod, but it still seems to be doing it. Any ideas on what it could be? Sorry if this is a small issue, I'm new to modding. Morrowoblivion is the second one I've ever used.
Are you launching Oblivion by
Are you launching Oblivion by using OBSE_Loader.exe? You have to start Oblivion with this program (which is in your \Oblivion\ folder) and not the original Oblivion.exe, otherwise OBSE will not be running and Ely's silent voice won't work.
Thank you for the
Thank you for the information. I was using the original. Hopefully this solves the issue.
I'm having this same problem
I'm having this same problem and no matter where I launch from it still does it. Any ideas? Should I try the other thing that generates silent files for everything?
Are you sure you have Ely's
Are you sure you have Ely's Silent Voice and OBSE installed correctly? You may want to go back and re-install each one, carefully reading the instructions each time... ?

Not a Bug