Skip to main content

Strange Texture Bug

Submitted by tom1234560 on
In a few places, especially cities, I get this strange pink thing on the screen: [External image] I've managed to find the source of this thing, and it turns out each one originates from an NPC and spread out from there, some are fairly small, such as the one above, and others are gigantic and fill nearly the whole screen, such as this one: [External image] I'm pretty sure I installed this mod correctly, as I haven't experienced any bugs aside from this, so does anyone know what could be causing this?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

The files used by the game are succeptable to corruption. There is no way of telling which you are having trouble with, or why. Chances are this is a bad download, not a bad installation. Start by completely re-downloading and then reinstalling from the new download.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Are the NPCs wearing bonemold by any chance? or it may be a similar armor problem with a different set of armor. http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/bugs-issues/907 Ald Ruhn and vivec are the two places i had issues with as well, would you check to see if the NPCs are female? One last thing, do you have a any sort of body replacer mods active? I'm just trying to nic this one, and can't figure out whats causing it.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

As it turns out, it was the same problem bluegenre was having. So I did what bluegenre did, and replaced the bonemold armor from the vvardenfell imports with the ones from GhogelsArmor in the morroblivion full omod, and it completely fixed this problem. Thanks for the help :D Before: [External image] After: [External image]
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I had that problem for forever and couldn't find an answer, so its nice to hear that other people are able to deal with it quickly.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)