Skip to main content

A small question and a seperate note on Deadly Reflex 6

Submitted by Lord Karnage on

First of all, I'd like to begin by saying that this is a great mod. It still boggles me that something of this magnitude has even been done, so all I can say is keep up the good work. Now onto my questions:

As I was playing in Morroblivion, I noticed that many NPCs did not have voices assigned to their dialouge. Now I expected this, as it was mentioned in the installation readme. I do not know if you didn't include this because it would have taken a massive amount of scripting or compatiability issues, but assuming it's legal issues, is there a way to easily transfer my Morrowind voice files to the Oblivion directory so they can be recognized in game for personal use? I have a bad case of gaming OCD, so the lack of some voices annoys me.

Also, I am currently playing Morroblivion with Deadly Reflex 6 - Combat Moves.esp and the HorseCombatMaster.esm installed, and I have not run into any problems, glitches, or graphical issues even when cutting meshes into pieces. You can continue to test this for yourselves, but I'm just sharing my experience with it.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

There is currently a project to add voice acting. Morrowind did not come with much voice acting, and to my knowledg ALL Morrowind voice files have been included in Morroblivion. Look around, there are a couple of active threads on voice acting.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Alright, thank's for the reply :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

@David and Lord Karnage

All voices from Morrowind have NOT been included into Morroblivion yet. I would say barely any Morrowind voices have made it into Morroblivion.

Good news is I've finally found a way to get Morrowind greetings into Morroblivion without conflicting with Oblivion greetings.

If you guys are talking about voiced quests, a few others and I are also working on that as well.

Edit: Nice to hear about Deadly Reflex 6 working! I can never play Oblivion without Deadly Reflex.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Interesting. If I knew anything about modding Oblivion, I would gladly spend some time getting a good amount of Morrowind voices into Morroblivion. After all, my exams are done and I need to find something to do for the next 3 months.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well I'm going to need some voice actors for the quests as well as the goodbyes since Morrowind didn't have goodbyes. And yeah, I just got done with exams too, but now I'm working, haha :D

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I received a package of voice files from Morrowind, and Robert placed them into the game. I had thought these were all the voice files. I had thought that was all of them because they were sent to me as "The voice files from Morrowind," not as "a random sampling of some of the voice files from Morrowind." Sorry, I had thought that was all of them.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Would you like me to send you the entire folder?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I've got them. Apparently everybody that has Morrowind has them. I had never checked, and when some voice files showed up in my inbox I thought that was all of them, and that they had been converted from some other format. I have never played Morrowind, so I didn't realize there were this many, but there are 6448 voice files in the Morrowind Sound/Vo folder. There are 111 in Morrowind_ob.esm. So, a project for somebody would be to rename and rearrange these so they will play in Oblivion. In answer to your first question, No, there is no "easy" way to make these play in Oblivion. It would be very tedious and time consuming.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hey Lord Karnage, if your'e interested and want to help out on the voiced dialogue, PM me.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)