Skip to main content

Unique Items Missing?

Submitted by Breaker9229 on

So I started playing Morroblivion and the first thing that I usually did in Morrowind was go off and get as many of the legendary items as I could. I did that for Morroblivion and found the Dragonbone Curiasse, Mentor's Ring, and the Helm of Oreyn Bearclaw. Unfortunately, when I decided I wanted some legendary boots to go with my attire, I was disapointed when I didn't find the Ten Pace boots where they were in Morrowind. I thought that there might be a problem converting that item since it was kinda glitched in Morrowind anyway, so I decided to just go with the Boots of the Apostle, another one of my favorite legendary items. I walked all the way through that dungeon to find that those weren't there either :(. I am not 100% sure yet, but I don't think the Ice Blade of the Monarch is where it was either.

So my question is: Were these items not ported into the game, were they placed somewhere else, or am I just somehow oblivious to my surrounding and missed them? If anyone is missing these items as well, or if you have insight into my specific question, please respond. Thanks

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Most, but not all, original Morrowind items have been restored. There have been attempts to restore some but not all of their enchantments. Some of these attempts have been more successful than others. I don't know which is which; I am not an expert on Morrowind items. As far as I know, Ten Pace Boots have not made it, but the Blade of the Monarch is definitely where it is supposed to be, as is Elidon's Ward. You have to get the proper quest for the Boots of the Apostle to become available. I did this for some items that were part of quests. The hairshirt is another that I know off the top of my head. At this point questing to find legendary items is probably going to be somewhat disappointing.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Okay, thanks for the feedback. I searched through the arena at Rotheran Stronghold for the Ice Blade of the Monarch but nobody there had it on them. On a side note, every time I tried to free a slave in that arena, Oblivion CTD on me. Probably should be somethin said in a bug forum but it was semi-relevant to what I was talking about.

Since the blade is found on a person, and people in Oblivion run on schedules and such, could the person with the blade have moved from that location at a certain time of the day?

Questing for legendary items in the original Morrowind wasn't all that impressive either. It usually meant knowing where to look for the item, and simply retrieving the item. The only ones that were interesting quest-wise were the Daedric Statue quests.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)