Skip to main content

[REQ] Lore-compatible mod

Submitted by Deianthropus on

Is there a mod which replaces the original npcs, quests, etc with OB lore-compatible content? I want to visit morrowind  contemporary with the Emperor's death, not the Nerevarine - if i wanted that, i would just play morrowind.

If there isn't, is there anyone who will collaborate with me on such a mod?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by thermador on 11 Jun 2012 - 09:29.

You do know that morrowind came before the emperors death in oblivion, and as such should be played before oblivion, right? Whats the point of making a mod that makes lore backwards compatible when you can just play the first part first? You see it is all oblivion lore compatible already. If morrowind is played first you hear about how Uriel septim VII rules the empire from cyrodil. Unless I'm not understanding you quite right, (Which, with me, is a great possibility.) I don't get why you would want to put together a mod like this.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

What you are requesting is EXACTLY what the SOVvM project is all about...
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Theramalse: You're turning my logic backwards. If i start in Cyrodiil after the emperor dies, then i don't want to hear about how the emperor is about to die. That's what i mean about lore compatibility. Temporal precedence. I want to take the hero of kvatch to MW, not bring the Nerevarine to Cyrodiil. Plus, we know that according to the lore, they cannot be the same person.


Budreck: Thanks, i'll look for that.

Update: that appears to be a fully loaded mod with all the content. I was hoping for a Morroblivion mod. (it would make more sense to make a morroblivion mod anyway, just replacing content rather than adding all-new content.)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Ah, I figured I had misunderstood somewhere. Although personally I like the thought of being the Nerevarine, Crusader of the nine, I can see what you are saying now.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Random question: how can they not be the same person? The Nereverine is supposed to never die of old age....

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

SoVvM, Vvardenfell Recreated, Sheogorad the Forsaken Isles are all projects that attempted to recreate Vvardenfell, but in Oblivion's timeline. Unfortunately, these are all dead, and really were not close to completion.

I feel SoVvM wasn't even somewhat professionally attempted.

Vvardenfel Recreated and Sheogorad the Forsaken Isles were really professionally developed, headed by Phitt who does "holy crap" amazing work. But these projects are dead as well.

 

@Iceberg

During the time of Oblivion, the Nerevarine is in Akavir. You, the player, are in Tamriel. No way it could be the same person.

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Robertneville: Could you point me in the direction of a book/ lore that says that? Somehow I've totally missed it somehow. Thanks! ;)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I googled a bit and came up with this from http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Indoril_Nerevar

In The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, the character can overhear that the Nerevarine has left on an expedition to Akavir, but has not been heard from since his/her departure, so, officially, his/her fate is uncertain. Some (players) might argue that the Nerevarine, being a seemingly unstoppable, potentially 'godkilling' entity wielding artifacts of unmentionable power and immune to disease (and because of the corprus is also immortal according to Divayth fyr) is likely to be alive and well, even with a lack of contact to the outside world.

There's also a thread about it here...
http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/tamriel_lore/b49699/19579022/p1/

Basically, from what I've been reading, there are some rumours in Oblivion about the Akavir expedition but I haven't as yet found anything concrete to prove it for certain...

Edit: this is also interesting... http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

The Postal Dude contacted me on thes Fourms a few weeks ago. He has picked SoVvM up again and is actively working on it, so it is no longer dead. It should probably not be judged by the way it was, but by the way it is or is going to be.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

David: That sounds wise.

HeWhoWatches: You crack me up. It's like I ask if anyone has seen my watch and next thing I know you pull out a mint condition rare watch collection. The next day I ask if anyone knows where to buy a cat. You happen to sell every living feline....

jk, lol.

Okay so I liked this person's response here:

"3E427 = the year a certain prisoner walks off the boat in Seyda Neen 

3E433 = the year a certain prisoner witnesses the assassination of Uriel Septim in the Imperial City sewers. 

They are very close in time, which is why in the Tribunal & Bloodmoon expansions to Morrowind, there were certain teasers, like the topic in Ebonheart about the unrest in the Imperial City, and the growing threat to the emperor and his sons. 

The Oblivion Gates are said to open all over Tamriel, not just Cyrodiil. If you listen to other rumours in the streets you will hear that House Telvanni has supplied mages who desperately try to close the Gates without much success, and that Ald'Ruhn is virtually destroyed. The Nerevarine (who you would think would be heroically closing Gates in Vvardenfell ) is rumoured to have gone to Akavir. 

It's an attempt to explain why you are the empire's only hope, rather than you and a certain Outlander. 

Why exactly the Nerevarine went to Akavir is up to you... if you believe the rumours, that is [External image] ."

I don't think it is 'supposed' to be the same person... but if you'll take a ride on the conspiracy train with me:

"A certain prisoner..." is the start of most the elderscrolls games. (It's also the start of Skyrim). If the Nerevaine is only 'rumored' to be in Akavir, then it is very 'possible' that he actually went to Cyrodiil, went to Akivar and returned to Cyrodiil, or pulled a Christopher Columbus and was sure that you could get to Akivar by going west (who knows if Tamriel is round!?) The six year gap pads this idea. He wouldn't have aged, and he could have been serving time when the emporer saw him. It 'is' plausible....

I think that they need to make a game where you get to go to Akivar as the Neverine. They've talked about it and hinted toward it for so long. You just wait. It's coming...

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I also found this, which I found pretty funny.

"In arena (not completed) my character (michelagelo rethan-grandfather owned 'Rethan Manor' back in the day )settled down after defeating tharn and had a son..Michelangel Rethan II..his father being known to the emperor, was enlisted in daggerfal (not completed)to do all of the stuff etc..he had an affair in cyrodiil before leaving and his lover died in childbirth and because of the warp in the west, his son michelangelo (pattern? hmmm) was born to uncertain parents etc. 



M. Rethan III (known oonly as michelangelo, picked up the rethan title after getting rethan manor back BY CHANCE! hehe) turned out to be the nerevarine etc. dagoth ur etc. had kid etc. 
Michelangel Rethan IV, kvatch hero etc... 

a nice big convoluted plot! 

and... Michelangelo Rethan V for next ES game "

Man I'm tired.....

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

@David

SoVvM was the first "Morrowind-in-Oblivion" mod I ever played. I loved it, at first. Then I saw projects like Sheogorad, Vvardenfel Recreated, Silgrad Tower, and Morroblivion, and then realized SoVvM's lower quality.

Examples:

In SoVvM, a corprus creature is merely a green tinted NPC.

I traveled all the way across Vvardenfell to get to Ghostgate. When I finally made it to Ghostgate, all it was was the palace taken straight out of Shivering Isles.

Remember that one quest where you go to the glacier in northern Solstheim, and there's a chest within a chest within a chest? Well at first I thought, hey, there's a custom, mesh/texture! Then I found out it was taken from Oblivion/Shivering Isles.

Mournhold is just buildings and palaces taken from SI.

The Royal Guard Armor doesn't even remotely resemble Morrowind's. It's just Oblivion Ebony armor, tinted red.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It should probably not be judged by the way it was, but by the way it is or is going to be."

C'mon David, that's bad logic.

Would you be impressed if I told you that I was going to get a Lamborghini? Or would you be more impressed if I showed you my Lamborghini?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Also, iceburg: Nirn is flat; i believe i read it in a Morrowind book.

So, back on topic, it really wouldn't be hard to create a mod for morroblivion (ixnay on the other mods because they're morroblivion incompatible) that replaces/adds/removes some NPCs, renames some cells and changes item ownership, adds some oblivion gates (if the OB MQ is active), and other fairly simple stuff like that... I'd really like to use this content and update the MW atmosphere to be at least contemporary to the Oblivion crisis.

I mean, if you wanted a storyline with quests, it would be a major endeavor, but i'm mostly talking about removing the NPCs who died in the MW main quest, plus some 'clutter' NPCs (OB's AI system both does not require and really can't handle the number of NPCs in MW), among some other mostly cleanup tasks. The vast majorty of content can stay untouched.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

@Deianthropus

I would be interested where you read that Deianthropus. I would tend to think Nirn is a planet, because it has moons. I don't see how a flat plane floating in space could exist due to gravity, let alone have moons.

But you could be right lore-wise, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

"I don't see how a flat plane floating in space could exist due to gravity, let alone have moons." - Perhaps the Nereverine just hasn't sailed the ocean blue yet.

;)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)