Skip to main content

Requirements for joining factions

Submitted by anithinks on

Hi all:

I never played Morrowind, so am not sure how it worked there (actually, UESP helped here). It appears that one can join the fighter's and mages guild  by talking to the few appropriate people who can let you join as associate. I also understand thatsome factions are mutually exclusive - you cannot be part of 2 Great Houses at the same time, and also there might be conflicts between the Temple and other cults etc.

I am playing with Morroblivion v 043 (latest), and am trying to join the Thieves, Fighters and Mages guild. Unfortunately, I have been able to succesfully join the Fighter's guild only. The other guild members deny me admission because I don't meet their "requirements" - I am guessing these must be attribute/skill requirements. My Redguard blunt user is not skilled in Magic/Stealth, so I am guessing I am not qualified. Same thing with the temple.

Do you see this issue too? UESP does not indicate any such requirements. Not sure where these came from - Any thoughts?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

All Morrowind Guilds have minimum requirements. The information is on the WIKI, just maybe not presented in a way you would be expecting. Near the middle of the page there is a table listing Ranks, "Fighters' Guild Ranks," for instance. This table indicates 30 Strength and 30 Endurance for level 0, Associate. There is an "Advancement" Quest for each guild that tracks three things: 1. Both Primary Attributes must be at or above the stated level for the rank. 2. One of the Primary Skills must be at or above the stated level for the rank. 3. "Reputation Points" earned by completing quests. I was not able to get the information on required "Reputation Points" from the WIKI; for this I had to actually go into the Morrowind CS to see how many points were needed for each rank. In Morrowind, from what I understand, there was some button you could press, or would become available when you had met the requirements. I couldn't do that with Oblivion, so instead there are Quest Stages with journal entries indicating that you have met the requirements for the next rank, or in the case of the Houses, what you need to do to qualify, (i.e. build a stronghold, etc.).
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

in morrowind there is an option in the dialouge screen that was named advancement (or equivlent) if you  meet the requirements then you would be promoted if not ( this inclueded major and minor skills)  you would not be promoted. also the amount of quests competed within the rank will considered.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Thanks for the detailed response David :) This definitely helps clear things up.

Thanks to elderago too :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)