Skip to main content

Oblivion balance mod comparability

Submitted by Jinnai on

So I am wondering what of the more balancing type mods would be compatable? The FAQ wasn't exactly clear FE, about OOO other any others.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Any of them are fine. A lot of people use FCOM. I use MMM, OOO, COBL and enhanced economy personally.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Can you comment on how OOO interacts with the AI, combat, etc of the Morrowind side?  Does the more aggressive combat AI of the NPC's translate?  Also, does the improved magic and combat skills have a big impact negatively on the Morrowind side?  (They did some magic tweaks and combat tweaks as far as stamina usage, range of weapons, speed and damage of spells, etc.)

 

I guess what I'm asking is, would a player with a major skill in destruction magic at level 2 in original Morrowind perform about the same as a level 2 with major in destruction magic with OOO tweaks in Morrobilivion?  I'm guessing the slower leveling mod that's included would make it so you wouldn't be leveling too much on the Morrowind side, but if you're planning on moving between both realms, it can work out...

 

I'm a huge fan of OOO and wanted to give this mod a try as well, but wondered if the Morroblivion experience on the Morrowind side would be made more exciting or would become broken in some balance way by the AI and combat changes in OOO.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

You would probably not notice any difference whatsoever with/without OOO or FCOM. There are a few vanilla Oblivion weapons and armor that are used throughout, Iron, Steel, Fur, and Glasss; these might be affected, but there are Morrowind equivalents for most of them that are used half the time. There will be no affect on creatures or AI.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well another thing OOO does is completely revamp magic.  I'm just wondering if it makes you too powerful in relation to the rest of the world.

 

On another related question...every video I've seen so far on youtube shows a level 1 or level 2 guy waltzing through the first dungeon cave, laying waste to all the creatures, and taking very little damage.  I seem to remember getting my butt handed to me in the first cave quite easily.

 

So my question is...does the oblivion style combat make the Morrowind combat too easy with you taking too little damage and dealing too much damage?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I think saying that OOO "completely revamps magic" is a bit of an overstatement of what OOO does. However, OOO notwitstanding, there are definitely game balance issues in Morroblivion. Things were balanced for Morrowind, not Oblivion, and as far as I can tell, everything is totally out of whack. In my opinion, this is broken beyond repair without leveling everything. I will, eventually, release a mod that levels everything with caps, but that is still a Long way off...
Karma: 0 (0 votes)