Skip to main content

After installing Morroblivion do I still need Morrowind installed?

Submitted by tk962 on

I have the Steam versions of Morrowind GOTY and Oblivion GOTY Deluxe. I installed Morroblivion a few days ago and it worked perfectly with no errors! I don't really have a problem, but a question: does Morroblivion still use Morrowind after the initial conversion process? I'd like to delete Morrowind if I have it inside Oblivion in the form of Morroblivion to save disk space. 

Thanks, 

tk962

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by tk962 on 16 Apr 2012 - 08:39.

You technically do not need it installed anymore.  However, if a new version of the Morrowind_ob.esm (master file) is released, such as v052, then you will need Morrowind installed to pass the copy protection.

So if you can, keep Morrowind installed to make it easier to upgrade to v052.  But you don't HAVE to keep it installed to play v051.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

You could keep it on an external drive. That way whenever an update comes out, you can just connect that to your computer and use that when you need to.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)