Skip to main content

Converting Morrowind mods to Morroblivion?

Submitted by qwertyasdfgh on

So, what do you think of it?

I'm not talking about *.esp mods, but about model and\or texture replaces. I've recently installed Morrowind Overhaul and seen some very nice examples there, definetely better than original Morrowind ones.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yeah some Morrowind mods are nice and could be used. My favourite Morrowind mod of all time has to be "Join All Houses" if that could be converted i would be extremely happy :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

You mean, for example, take the models and textures of Morrowind Overhaul and apply them to the Morroblivion project? I think that would be awesome, but pretty much everyone hates us, especially the Morrowind Overhaul guys, so I don't know if they'd let us use their assets.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I havn't used it in a long time, but I think the original converter (ESPConverter_v0_98b) was able to convert mods.  I remember converting a few of my favorite morrowind mods when I first started using the converter ..

I know I converted the Better Bodies and Better Clothes Mods.  Maybe others, too.

 

 

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

The ESP Converter itself can convert meshes, but not full mods (drag & drop something on top of it). There are, however, limitations with what it can convert, like nothing with any animation. Eloth manually recreated hundreds of meshes to get them into the game, like Dwemer machinery and some corridors, pools in Urshalaku Burial Chambers, Ash Mires, etc.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Actually I remember having the 2009 Morrowind Visual Overhaul and converting it over using the converter. It looked pretty nice, i.e. the nice textures and meshes were converted but obviously you won't have quests and such. Also, the Morrowind textures won't have that cool 3D look like Oblivion's.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I wasn't going to convert the whole Morrowind Overhaul, just some of the meshes from there.

I tried converting trees (the most noticeable advantage of Morrowind Overhaul over Morroblivion) and they look great.

On the other hand, getting a consent for uploading this converted meshes might be problematic, right?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

You have to be careful with trees. Trees have fungus growing on them, and if the trees with growths aren't the right size, shape, or position, you wind up with mushrooms floating in the air. The default INI files from the converter replace the two Morrowind trees that have most of the fungus growing on them with two Ash trees from Oblivion... and there was floating fungus everywhere. I actually went back and redid the conversion between v002 and v003 for that reason. I believe Eloth repositioned hundreds or thousands of trees by hand for his v2 Overhaul with trees. I am, by the way, NOT the person to ask about original Morrowind content :)
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I think you'd have to ask the MGSO guys, if that's the project you want to convert the meshes from.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)