Skip to main content

using morrowind savegame with morroblivion

Submitted by wewo on
hello community, i just started playing morrowind again a few month ago. my question: can i use the savegame of morrowind in morroblivion? i really don't want to do everything again....
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

HAHAHAHAHA!!! VERY FUNNY INDEED HMMMMMMMM When i think about it why don' we try?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Just crazy enough to work. We might not have access to the ESP_conv source code, but that doesn't mean we could make an "ESS_conv" program of our own. We'd just need to find a capable programmer (don't look at me - my hands are tied, atm).
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Morroblivion doesn't even convert all Morrowind stuff, and you ask for a savegame compatibility? This is the last thing I would ask for, really. No. I would not ask for this anyway. Nonsense. Hehe.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

My friend works as a programmer so I could ask him for a favor or 2,3,4,5... Of course In my country morroblivion is known only to me.(I THINK)
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I hope that the favor is not concerning savegames, but rather other stuff that hasn't been converted yet.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

The file format for morrowind ess files is identical to morrowind esps. If you had the converter source code, that part would be easy. The hard part is getting it into an oblivion ess, which has a different format than oblivion esps. You could theoretically convert the morrowind ess into an oblivion esp with ESP_conv, now that I think of it. This would only work if you still wanted to use your OB character. You'd also run into problems if you used alot of mods in MW (which includes me :( ).
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

you really think this could work? I mean it's TOO complicated and mixed up. We won't know until we try.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)