Skip to main content

MOTF - Back to modding!

Submitted by DavidWolf on
After taking this ... humm 1 month? As a break, I have decided to re-start the proyect, I was confused so a bit of space to think about MOTF & me was needed, also I have 3GB of RAM now so finally I can work without lagging all the time and pretty soon I'm going to buy a new vCard but that has to wait, since I'm all setup it's time to get back to modding! But enough about me and the PC, I have a list of the things I'M NOT GOING TO WORK ON: -LOD -Caves -Ruins -Quests -Spells -Weapons -Armor -Traders -Guilds -Dialogue What I'm doing? -Architecture -Flora -Landscapes -Textures -NPC's Faces & Clothes/Items -NPC's AI Packages -Clutter -Cities -Having Ideas So! As you can see there's a lot of things that needs to be done, you can start your own plugin right now and contact me via PM, please if you want to include your work in MOTF, send the ESP/ESM with all the required Meshes/Textures/Whatever in a .RAR to my email (send a PM to get it) Thanks everyone for supporting the proyect I really apreciate all the positive feedback ;D Seeya!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by DavidWolf on 9 Jul 2009 - 01:31.

Ohhhh... that's why you wouldn't msg me back. Not working on dialogue. ">.> Well good luck anyways. ;3
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Like I said before, I'm not going to work on dialogues... but you can. That's the idea, you do your plugin and instead of uploading it alone, like a random addition to Morroblivion, the modification it's going to be included in the whole pack of MOTF, is like an Overhaul. The more hands on it, the better. Seeya! PD: What PM?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

-snip-

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Weapons and armor i guess there r tons u can ask permision to the modders from tes nexus. For the LOD it can be made with the LOD generator.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

It's something wrong with LOD in Morroblivion? I think is corect...
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

;D Hi! to alec127: Great I'm no longer working on Solstheim untill I finish Vvardenfell, so it's nice to know that you're working in that region of the world, why don't you send me a PM with your email so we can keep in touch :D to Garu_vm: I just got permission yesterday from Hel Borne, to use his amazing work, if you don't what I'm talking about, check here: http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=727 The thing is, most modders are open to share they work with others, so we should make a list of possible mods wich will add new objects replacing the old ones, and always ask for permission. I don't know how to use the LOD Generator, I'm not going to speent hours trying to learn how to use it, sorry. If someone has the knowlegde and the tools required to make it work and create a decent LOD for Vvardenfell, you have all my support. to besshi: Tons of things wrong with the Morroblivion LOD. Even after installing EVWD, is a nice addition but f.ex: House Telvani Buildings has no far objetcs. Also, the Ghostgate is one of the things that really bothers me. Seeya!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

we need to make morroblivion fun to play. i mean, its INCREDIBLE! but... its also like... theres really nothing for the average person to do! so we really need to add something to do in it, while at the same time as fixing bugs but i think the only bugs we really need to worry about at this point are ones that crash the game, or are harmful... besides that, i think we should focus a good percentage of our manpower on making it fun the question is... what equals fun? is it quests? monsters? what??
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I can do some dialogue and quest stuff. I've readded the Morrowind "Death of a Taxman" sidequest already and I can probably do some more.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

There's actually very simple LOD generator that works on all the mods I have played http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15781 Just start it, let it run, and you're done. Sometimes I needed to run it again when I put new mods in, or for some reason when I enter new areas for the first time. As for mods and modders that could help with this these 2 mods use the lands, creatures, etc of Morowind &/or it's expansions. http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20734 http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16976
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

The most interesting, is the fact that Morroblivion converter CONVERTS the dialogs, without adding them to the game though. Therefore, they can be found in editor. Using this, the dialogs can be restored easier.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Alec127 Care to share a few things you've changed to Solstheim, to me I felt like the Colony was lacking a town feeling....where were the people? inside?... I want Raven Rock to actually be laike a colony it just felt dead after I finished. I have a few Ideas if you would like ot hear them.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)