Looking through some of the thieves guild quests, I came across a quest involving the theft of a powerful wizard's ebony staff. However, the staff I came across left much to be desired and did not seem as if it was truly worth stealing. Because of this, I have retextured the ebony staff to look more sleek and valuable.
Note: I suggest backing up any replaced textures in case they are not to your liking. As a limitation, two of the ebony staff textures replaced are used by other meshes. Being that I did not want to edit texture paths and release edited meshes with this texture replacer, a few other weapons will use some replaced textures.
Additionally I have replaced the textures for goldbrand to look more vibrant and of higher quality. Also, as further inspiration for the recreation of the bloodmoon main quest, I have retextured the heartwood and the daedric key (the daedric key is glowmapped), used in the bloodmoon main quest.
Download Link
(Ebony Staff and Goldbrand retexture)
http://www.mediafire.com/?t4jlxzxji9i23dd
(Heartwood retexture and Daedric Key retexture)
http://www.mediafire.com/?b757m9j6urzap3n
Daedric Key Nifskope comparison
Ebony Staff In game
Ebony Staff close up
Heartwood Retexture
Goldbrand Nifskope comparison

Spectacular!