Skip to main content

Improved Ash Storms

Submitted by haldur on

In my opinion the current Morroblivion ash storms are too different from the original ones from Morrowind, so I made a quick color fix to make the ash storms more like the original ones (red) and improved the texture.

Here is a link to the file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1ooybergf4gyg6u/AshStormImprovement.rar

Try it and give feedback.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by haldur on 16 Mar 2011 - 10:48.

I believe the original intent was to make Ash Storms generally red. I had certainly noticed that Ash Storms were not Particularly red myself, but have never seen the original, so have no idea what they are supposed to look like.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

There are pics of the originals here, the color kind of changes depending on the weather and where you are.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:The_Blight

 

They are VERY red inside of Red Mountain:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Red_Mountain

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well that is true, I didn't remember that the color of the storm (is it a ash or a blight storm) changed depending on the location. But I also replaced the old texture for the clouds on the player level, removing those strange "oversized pixels" from them, so it looks more realistic, at least in my opinion.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)