Skip to main content

[MERGED] Intervention Improved

Submitted by Mooncat on

Hi all,

I've uploaded a mod that changes the way teleportation is handled in Morroblivion.  I'd like help testing it from everyone to make sure it works as intended, doesn't cause any issues in anyone's game, etc.  Be sure to read all of the following before installing this mod!

From the bug report:

Okay, here's a version for everyone to try.  I haven't used it outside of Morrowind yet, so I'd like to see how that works out if anyone is using it to bounce between Cyrodiil, Morrowind, Shivering Isles, etc.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2htk5fi3x548hkh

This mod:

1. Makes Mark and Recall maintain proper world variables for Morrowind, Cyrodiil, and Shivering Isles when traveling between them.

2. Changes Mark and Recall to Mysticism spells.

3. The Intervention spells take you to the nearest shrine/temple to your most recent exterior location.  Mark/Recall and Guild Guides update your remembered exterior location appropriately, so even if you use these methods to warp around the world, you'll still end up at the nearest shrine/temple.

4. Almsivi Intervention only works while in Morrowind.

5 Divine Intervention works everywhere but in Shivering Isles. When in Cyrodiil, it takes you to the nearest cathedral in a major town, or to the temple in the Imperial City.

Again, I'd like as many people as possible to test this for possible errors before it gets added to the main .esm, make sure it's working as expected.  Also, as a quick note: this mod will reset your Marked location when first loaded.  For best results, do not use Mark again until you've spent at least a few seconds outside (so the mod can locate your most recent exterior location).  My apologies to anyone who (like me) had a particularly annoying location marked.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by thermador on 11 Jun 2012 - 09:12.

I'll give it a whirl :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I didn't think this was even Possible. That is great! Thank you!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Thank me when we've tested it to make sure it works reliably from anywhere in the game. ;)  I'm teleporting this way and that in my own game, but I'd like to see it work on several different Morroblivion set ups before I give it my Official Seal of Quality.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hello again everyone!  Divine Intervention isn't working for me properly in Cyrodiil. Is anyone else having this issue?  Just wanted to check before I post a fix to make sure that the fix is actually necessary.

If the problem is what I think it is, I'll probably have a patch up this weekend.

 

[Addendum]

The problem in Cyrodiil is that Divine Intervention doesn't actually take you to the nearest chapel. For me, I always seem to end up in front of Anvil's chapel, no matter where I am in the Imperial Province.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I'm sorry nobody helped you. I can't either because I'm a total noob at modding. Is this mod part of Morroblivion yet? I hope you can fix that one small bug so if it hasen't been added it can be in the future. This sounds like a great mod that would really make Morroblivion even better.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)