Skip to main content

Modding in Morroblvion

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Hey Guys. i am a modder for Oblivion and i enjoy almost as much as i do this mod! And i was wondering is there a catch to modding for this mod or not? if I mod for it what do i have to do cause i make quests and i was thinkin about doing some quests for it.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

YAY! Quest mods! I'm making a quest mod for Morroblivion as we speak. You make it just like any mod, even if you use objects/NPCs from morrowind. I'd say the only thing worth considering is whether to accomodate for other improvements to Morroblivion. There's alot of ways to improve the game by .esps. On top of that, converter settings can be made to replace Morrowind objects with Oblivion objects - if a mod uses those replaced Morrowind objects and that mod is run using the modified converter settings, the replaced Morrowind objects in the mod simply disappear. The best way to reduce these problems is to minimize changes to popular locations/meshes/NPCs from Morrowind. To work around this, I personally use objects with Oblivion meshes instead of almost identical-looking objects with Morrowind meshes, and do any sweeping changes I need through scripts, dialog, or converter settings. Now that I think of it, that's quite similar to what you should do with any Oblivion mod - I wrote all this just you tell you that. Argh!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Okay cool. When i mod for it do i need to have oblivion.esm, morroblivion.esm (if thats the name for it. lol) etc. selected as well or what?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Just Oblivion.esm and Morrowind_ob.esm. You don't need to bother with other *_ob.esms like Tribunal_ob.esm or Bloodmoon_ob.esm - those are just empty. I assume they might not be empty in a future version, though, so take note if you're going to use bloodmoon/tribunal content.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well put, Savant. :)
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Quest mods for Morroblivion will be highly apreciated, it's not necessary to use our old npc to avoid problems, but new ones can be created specifically for new quest concept involving other stories :)
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hey everyone, im a bit new to Oblivion modding, but i was somewhat proficient in Morrowind modding and NWN1 modding. Anyway i was thinking about starting some work on quest lines for morroblivion and was wondering if anyone was already working on this. I figure if we broke up the quest lines (i.e. Mage's guild, Fighter's guild, Great Houses ect..) we would get the quest lines for Morroblivion up and running a lot sooner than if we ended up with like 5 mods that get the mage's guild working. So, anywho, is anyone working on this yet? Nia
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

As far as I know no one is working on this, but my suggestion on quest mods is to make brand new quest lines and stories based on Morrowind lore. New quests involving the mages guild are possible, and the goal is not always being archmage. If you go to Morroblivion being Archmage it has no sense to do quests to be archmage in Morrowind. Sometimes I miss the feeling of being a simple associate and investigate for the guild. And if we are archmages XD we always can investigate and have a successor or a "hand" in the guild, someone we can trust. I also modded Nwn1 and Morrowind in the past, and I think they were more friendly than oblivion xD at least at doing quests with editor, being Nwn1 the most friendly of all! Making quests with that editor was a real charm! I miss something like that in making quests with Oblivion which is more difficult to me.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yeah, i built an entire world "Dragonlance" (lol never knew anything about DL before that though) for nwn1... but it never went up due to issues with the scripter and server host... sucks cuz it was REALLY good... anyway... I was thinking of having the mages guild in morrowind be a separate entity or something... becoming arch-mage in oblivion was waaaaaaay too easy when compared to morrowind...
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

niapetbecoming arch-mage in oblivion was waaaaaaay too easy when compared to morrowind...
Yeah it was, big time...Oblivion is just so much easier I think. I remember wandering around for hours and hours trying to find a place (or person) in Morrowind or solving a puzzle or something, and I still do :P. Can't really do that in Oblivion... Anyways, hiya Nia and welcome! :)
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

There was some talk of doing guild quests and perhaps a main quest here: http://www.grwn.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=146&start=0 To summarize, we were thinking to start after v 1.00, but with not even .99 out now, I'm kinda getting antsy for quests.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hey, I was working on the main quest for morrowind & tribunal and I'am going to finish these mods. Only problem, the esp converter crashes everytime, so on this moment I even don't have morroblivion. Does anyone know where I can put my mod online >?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)