Skip to main content

[RELZ] Morrowind Loading Screens Replacer 0.9

Submitted by RammS on

This mod replacing all vanilla Oblivion LS with Oblivionized Morrowind vanilla (only 13 Ls was in original Morrowind) and additional loading screens. Contain 45 diffirent LS! I've been tested this replacer only on 16:9 display. But I think, it'll be work perfectly on 4:3. Also I used iceburg Morroblivion logo for beta version.  Screens: [External image] [External image] [External image] [External image] [External image]

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by Daggers on 28 Oct 2022 - 10:39.Mediafire link is in Revisions

it would have been 100 times better without that box in the middle :)

nice work though :)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Same question: why is there a brown box in the middle?  Is that where the loading bar goes?  If so, does the box have to be that big or that opaque?  Can the box be more transparent?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I haven't tried it yet but what is written on the screen is as important as what is picture behind that. Also it would be awesome if you make it only work in Morroblivion worldspace(personal opinion). We can help you with loading screen writings. Especially historic facts would be good. It is impostant for players to understand which events led up to rising of Nerevarine and the fall of Tribunal.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

@eloth In few moments I'll load some another variants of the LS. I'm try to merge together Oblivion and Morrowind styles in this one. @thermador this is textbox. And need to text will be readeble. @Dark South It'll be great
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

okay
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Morrowind has five grand houses and four ashlander tribes. Three of the houses has some soil in Vvardenfell(Telvanni, Hlaalu, Redoran) while the other two(Indoril, Dres) has none. All of the four tribes(Urshilaku, Erabenimsun, Zainab, Ahemmusa) are on Vvardenfell

Dark Elves were once called Chimer which had golden skin and eyes. Chimer was a branch of Altmer who followed prophet Veloth to Morrowind. After the War of the First Council, Chimer turned to Dunmer, which generally is told to be a punishment brought by Azura for the death of Indoril Nerevar.

Indoril Nerevar was a war-hero who lived in the first age and united Morrowind's houses and tribes. He died in the Battle of First Council. The reason of his death remains unknown, but his return as an incarnation was prophiced by the Deadric Prince Azura.

Sixth House was the house of Lord Voryn Dagoth, Dagoth Ur who is the great enemy of the Tribunal gods. His house was destroyed in the War of the First Council.

War of the First Council was fought between the Dwemer and House Dagoth union versus, the rest of the Houses and Tribes.  House Dagoth and Dwemer were both defeated.

The old ruins in Morrowind and Hammerfell were once inhabited by the race known as the Dwemer(Dwarves). Whole race dissappeared just after the War of The First Council. Reason remains unkown.

Tribunal also known as Almsivi, is the common religion of Dark Elves, which worship three living gods, Vivec, Sotha Sil and Almalexia.

The occupation of Morrowind by the Imperial Forces marked the beginning of the Third Era. They were the last province to be captured.

I can add lot more later, and forgive gramatic and writing mistakes.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

@Dart hmmm, I just opened export Desriptions from CS, and now I've got several problems=))) first problem: I've got russian version of Oblivion, so all descriptions on russian, I guess everybody will have russian descriptions, if I'll make esp. But this is not a big problem, if we want to change all of them. Second problem: amount of texts what showed in textbox is really huge! And it'll be not easy to change with informations all of them,
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

RammS, thank you so much! I've wanted Morrowind loading screens for such a long time, and now you've delivered them. Thank you!

If I remember correctly, some of the Morrowind loading screens had text with them. Did you bring those back? If not, can you? If you need the English writing, or just need some English text for those awesome loading screen, just let me know.

Edit: Also, one more nit-picky thing: Shouldn't the last letter in "Morroblivion" (the "N") be bigger to match the big M in the front of the word?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

@robert hmmmm What kind of text do you mean? In my version of morr I saw only "Names of creatures" such as "Netch" etc. And original morr has got only 13 loading screens ps okay I'll work on "N"
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

ps feelings in game and watching on the picture are different. As for me, in game LS looks much better than in internet
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I hope you still go on with this, it's pretty important to return these kind of things back. If you want I can help you more with these sentences.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Ramms, what I meant by more text was like the race descriptions. I believe there was one for every race, along with a loading screen. For example, one would show a male Imperial with his arms crossed and the text on the loading screen would say something like "Imperials have the ability to charm others into liking them." Anyways, I love your screenshots. I hope you continue improving them. I really believe that the loading screens add more nostalgia and immersion to Morroblivion. Again, thank you for your work, and if you can, keep it going!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

@ Darth South

I still working on the replacer and searching ways to improve them. But I haven't much time for this, cause I'm very busy now.

If you can help, I'll appriciate that.

@robert

aw, I understand, it's a additional loading screens, they weren't in original morr. Hmmm I'll try to add them.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure they were in the original Morrowind, because I remember them when I first played Morrowind on the Xbox. Maybe it is because you have a different language version of Morrowind, and they didn't include those? That's just a guess anyway.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

@robert

this is type of LS? http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/www.ign.com/9109/2011/09/imperial_morrowind-600x454.jpg

Can you pack your morrowind folder "Data\Splash" with loading screens and upload on mediafire etc. Because  I can't find LS with text on the internet

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Morrowind has five grand houses. Indoril, Dres and the ones on Vvardenfell: Hlaaulu, Redoran and Telvanni.

There are four ashlander tribes on Vvardenfell which worship their ancestors but not the Tribunal.

Dark Elves were once called Chimer which had golden skin and eyes. They turned to Dunmer after the War of the First Council.

Indoril Nerevar was a war-hero who lived in the first age and united Morrowind's houses and tribes. He died in the Battle of First Council. Reason remains unknown.


Sixth House was the house of Lord Voryn Dagoth, Dagoth Ur who is the great enemy of the Tribunal gods. His house was destroyed in the War of the First Council.

War of the First Council was fought between the Dwemer and House Dagoth union versus, the rest of the Houses and Tribes.  House Dagoth and Dwemer were both defeated.

The old ruins in Morrowind and Hammerfell were once inhabited by the race known as the Dwemer(Dwarves). Whole race dissappeared just after the War of The First Council. Reason remains unkown.

Tribunal also known as Almsivi, is the common religion of Dark Elves, which worship three living gods, Vivec, Sotha Sil and Almalexia.

The occupation of Morrowind by the Imperial Forces marked the beginning of the Third Era. They were the last province to be captured.

Ancestors of Dunmer followed Veloth, the prophet of Boethiah to Morrowind.

The Ghostfence was raised by Almsivi to protect the rest of the Morrowind from the blight and corprus diseases and the monsters infected by them.

According to myths evil god Lorkhan was punished by the Divines and slain. His flesh became the moons and his heart was dropped to somewhere in Tamriel, preasumbly still posessing power.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

thanks again=)))

ps I'll use some materials from wiki http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Morrowind

And then post the replacer of phrases.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Dang, you're right Ramms. There's only those 10 loading screens in there. Man, I could have sworn I saw those other ones from somewhere?

 

[External image]

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I create a oblivion-style Morroblivon screenshot-based LS
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Those look great! Those are definitely some very Morrowind-iconic images, like the Ald-ruhn Emperor Crap and Vivec Temple. Maybe you could put a small description/background on the loading screens?

Edit: While I do like the Morroblivion logo (I noticed you changed the N, thanks!) is it really necessary?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Not necessary=) I just try to make accent. What this creens from MO
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Heck yes dude! I found and skimmed this while I was supposed to be doing homework.

These look great! I think you should do both the 'oblivionized' and the morrowind type loading screens, to give more diversity. These look like they're gonna be awesome when your done!

So will these replace vanilla screens?
I use a mod that adds like 1000 loading screens with random quotes: is it possible to merge loading screen mods? If not, I'll just copy these over the other ones. ;)

Keep us posted on this. I think that when you're done these will add a huge amount of atmosphere to the game! 

EDIT: I donloaded you're first pack and looked through them. I am really impressed! They look even better than your posted pictures! You've got some nice photoshop skills too :)

I was really impressed with all of the loading screens that you fabricated yourself using pics of monsters etc with cool cloth-like effects. Really good stuff!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I personally think oblivion style loading screens are better. And I think writing the picture's origin doesn't look(Ex: under-skar).

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

ooooh =) I create 35 new LS... 10 more need to complete the replacer I think today I'll finish
Karma: 0 (0 votes)