Skip to main content

[RELZ/WIP] New Map!

Submitted by sindorei on

This is a new map , but i have some good news it's done, But i have bad news i don't know how to change the map marks to match up with the map. I can add map markers but i cant see where they will go with the map . I just scanned my Game of the year morrowind map to make it . [External image] [External image]

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by thermador on 28 Sep 2011 - 09:19.

That is sweet, I was trying to do that the other week too, What i did was I just paste it on top of the old map (Oblivion\Data\Textures\Menus\map\world) in the same position, but mine came out very pixelated.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hmm i'll se about that the only problem i would have then is the fact that the old map has blue everywhere i will fix it and see if it works =)
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=29499 Thats the download link , I would have made it more Hi-res but it chops off alot of the map and messes it up. It goes along with the markers this time to! [External image] But it looks fine!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

everyone always goes my map is blue but if you go up and right from seyda neen you will find the map it's just off center oh and sindorei your health bars look awesome p.s when i said about the map it was not a shot at people who couldn't find it i was merely explaining
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

you can find a new map?? you should take a picture where it's at i didnt think there was one
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hey i downloaded your map but its really weird like all i see is grey....?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Did you install it in the right area ? or what cause your the only person i know that has had problems yet.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Kia Ora if you wanted to use that map you could if you wished copy paste it over my Eleven version and size it about the same Frost Moth might be out I'm not sure, that why I have the Island in a Cloud frame but that would get all your icons pretty right the other way is to load the esp in CS and ajust it in worldspaces my cahnhing the 4 cell settings, I tell you now tho thats can be painful lol
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Kia Ora I wonder does this work better for you than my Elen version can be gotten here http://www.tesnexus.com/members/addfile.php?id=30875 the optional file Vvardenfell Island is the correct one
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Ki Ora Did anybody try this to see if the esp works putting travel icons in right place?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Kia Ora I darkened and re coloured a little the orginal map to take it away from looking like a swipped copy from the old game but not to much and I have found (for me) running round that place fall pretty close to the mark,. but I'd be interested to know if it works else where
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I personally think that there should not be any map markers on Vvardenfell. This map already has everything drawn on it. Further we dont need fast travel ... because in Morrowind you are supposed to use silt striders and guild guides.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Kia Ora Then those who don't want them wil need to edit an make a patch file to remove the default ones made by the converter or they will show up as soon as you run by that place
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I can change the converter files to not add any map markers ...
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

that should be optional hashmi
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hmmm ... ok but it makes little sense to have fast travel when you have silt striders and guild guides.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Kia Ora They did turn out handy for scaling the maps so it was right for showing yhe player marker in the correct play also, I think after time some might want use travel markers for real quick visits, when you taken the normal routes a dozens times it maybe feels slow and there are times in Morrwind where you have to take the long way round cause theres no direct route, I guess in a free world choice would be the option lol
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I searched really hard through the forums and couldn't find anything, but my map is drastically off centered. not just after i installed this mod but even with the default one all the map markers are extremely far south and off the map. anyone who can help me with this? (sorry if this isn't where i should be posting this question) Edit: I'm using the following mods if it may have something to do with it... (all 3 from this link) http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=14929 Re-Edit: Problem solved. really sorry I totally overlooked a map mod that fixes my problem. and to anyone else with an off centered map problem: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21971
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I have an idea.... I like realism so what if you are supposed to buy maps??? it would be cool if you had to actually BUY the map to navigate your way through Vvardenfell/Mournhold and Solstheim, also if this is possible have map markers ON the map.... Also NPCs should sell different versions of maps like ones that are older and are more inaccurate and expensive ones are dead accurate... just a thought :)
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I think I have the solution you guys are looking for. I created this map mod and uploaded it to Tes Nexus:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38914

It has a high definition paper map that has the map markers matched up to the locations. I'm hoping that the people here at Morroblvion will add it to the main mod. I've created a topic to that end here:

http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/mods/1840

Karma: 0 (0 votes)