Skip to main content

[OUTDATED] MorrowOblivion_Creatures 1_1

Submitted by Yoshimo on

DownLoad Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9nswg73dlgv360k/MorrowOblivion_Creatures%201_1.7z Mod: MorrowOblivion_Creatures, Version 1_1 Game: TES IV: Oblivion Authors: Anonymous Modders Using six creatures by Hashmi1 and the Winged Twilight by eloth. (See the "Creatures" thread on this forum.) Release Date: 9/20/10 This mod puts the following creatures back into Morrowind: Alits Nix Hounds Dreughs Cliffracers Winged Twilights Kwama Foragers Kwama Workers There are also Shivering Isles Golden Saints, and Diseased and Blighted versions of several of these creatures as well as Diseased and Blighted Rats. These creatures have been set with Morrowind stats, spells, abilities, inventory, and sounds. All The leveled lists have been set to include these new creatures at the proper level using the spawn points that already exist in Morroblivion. The leveled lists and spawn points for all types of Kwamas are lost in conversion. So this mod makes new leveled lists and places spawn points at the proper locations in all 32 egg mines that were located. The wilderness will no longer be full of nothing but rats and wild guar, and the egg mines will be full of strange creatures once again. This mod will later be merged into the Morrowind_ob.esm Project clean universal master. Version 1_1 fixes issues with confidence stats being too low on some creatures and adds a custom combat style to the Kwama Forager to make it attack properly. Edited 9-20-10

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by Daggers on 28 Oct 2022 - 18:40.

I was just wondering if these models are the actual ones from Morrowind or if they were recreations done by a modeler
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Mod: MorrowOblivion_Creatures, Version 1_0 Game: TES IV: Oblivion Authors: Anonymous Modders Using resources by Hashmi1 (See the "Creatures" thread on this forum.) Release Date: 9/19/10
The winged twilight was done by eloth, not me. ;) Anyways its great to know that we finally have an esp for the creatures.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I am just the one who placed the creatures in the game and made them playable. Hashmi1 and eloth produced the animated models and textures for Oblivion. It looks to me like the creatures are remakes rather than being ported. I think they look very good.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

@Yoshimo: They are ports not remakes :p I believe they look better because of the Hi-res texture replaces that were used and also because of the normal maps that were generated from these detailed textures. A little mesh smoothing was also done in some cases. The idea originally was to do a manual conversion: so that in the future someone could explore the possibility of making a program like the ESPconverter which could auto-convert creatures ... and untill that time to act as a substitute. http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/general/723
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I've been using this for some time, loved fighting & killing my old foes, but now I've encountered a problem: when returning to a cell that has dead Morrowind creatures, the game crashes. I believe this is related to havok - them not having it and all. Has anyone else had this problem? I want them back! But can't have the game crashing whenever I get near them.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

It would be more helpful in debugging and trying to diagnose the problem if you could possibly be more specific. Are you using the 1.1 version or the 1.0 version? What area? What creatures did you kill in that area? Be as specific as you can.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

v1.1. I was in Seyda Neen, I go up the stairway to Arrille's Tradehouse and then it crashed. I tried repeatedly, and even tried going around. I tried going across the bridge and it crashed there too. So I disabled this mod and no more crashes... :\ None of this happened until I finally found Cliffracers. I killed a few and went back to Cyrodiil. But I'm not sure they are related to the problem as there aren't any very close to Seyda Neen.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

It probably is caused by Havok. Unfortunately I could'nt find any time this weekend and I will be busy on the next as well. Still I will try at the earliest possible.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I know it would not be ideal, but better than having to disable would be to avoid backtracking for now. Don't go backward; just go forward. If you have to go back, then find a way to keep yourself busy-or just wait-for three days till the cell resets. You should be able to go back after the cell resets. Yoshimo might be able to fix this before Hashmi can get to it, or we might have to wait for Hashmi. There is also another modeler I have asked for assistance with this, but am not sure if havoc, or creatures, are his thing. We are about to release v003, anyway which absorbs Creatures 1.1, and this will, unfortunately, require a totally clean save. Just wait till you see the opening sequence! It is so much like Morrowind that it is eeire!
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Alright, I'll wait for it to be bug-free first, then get back to hunting down cliffracers ;] As far as v003 goes, if you're implementing this mod I'm going to wait until this problem that causes crashing to cease before using it, as I'm not sure if I can simply "disable" it without damaging anything, and I usually simply disable any mod that causes my game to crash... almost immediately, if I find no solution first. As far as I can tell, there currently are no solutions, so I will wait patiently & eagerly.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Can someone upload the files for an original oblivion creature. I need the skeleton.nif from any original creature ... scamp, clanfear etc.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I did not see any way to attach a file here. so it has been uploaded to http://www.mediafire.com/?5eybe5f983yzyrb
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I can now say that dead Cliffracers are an issue, I just did some playtesting where Yoshimo had placed some Cliffracers, and I had the game crash on me the moment I killed one. Hashmi, do you have any ETA when you might be able to address the Havoc? It seems to be somewhat inconsistent. I was able to three of them in a group without crashing, then I Saved. Reloading from the save does not seem to cause an error, and I can walk through their bodies as much as I please, but if I leave the cell and then wait for a day, I can get it to crash every time when I try to return. So, for anyone playing with this mod or v003 of the Morrowind_ob.esm, and you kill a Cliffracer, you need to let at least three days pass for the cell to reset before trying to enter the cell again. If you are experiencing CTD's when trying to visit a certain area that you might have killed Cliffracers, just go off and kill something somewhere else for a few days...
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

You merged this with v003 of morrowind_ob.esm ???? But why? I thought that this was just a beta ... should have waited until the Havok issue was solved. I always thought that creatures will find their way into morrowind_ob.esm at some far off time when everything else was sorted out Anyways I don't really have much time ... but I will try my best to do something on this sunday ...
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Eveything is still in Beta. The Creatures, Morrowind Rebuilt and much of the scripting. We were not sure Cliffracers were the problem, or whether it was a conflict with another mod, Persistant Reference clashing or missing, etc. There is no way to be sure until you can isolate. Now I'm pretty sure Cliffracers are an issue. I am sure they are not the only issue, but we will work through them. I know that you are very busy and was not trying to hurry you along. I just want to be able to tell people when they might be able to fight cliffracers.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I remember now that Ducky reported crashes with the cliffracer when he first tested them. Its probably them causing the problem.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I wonder why cliffracer's converted :P... St.Jiub had driven them out and guys shouldn't appear in Vvardenfell,right? yes,yes it's just personal thought or taste....
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yea but in morroblivion you can still find "Saint" Jiub locked up in the prison ship ... it will be years before he gets to do that.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

As a matter of fact,he is a different person with the same name..... (NONSENSE!!!) Yeah,but what people in Vvardenfell say-(on rumor) And Idont wanna use a 'Timeship' :P~
Karma: 0 (0 votes)