Skip to main content

[MERGED] Hel Borne's Chitin Armor Converted to Morroblivion

Submitted by Kafeid on

I've taken Hel Borne's awesome Chitin armor resource, which was originally a one-piece suit, and, using Blender, cut and rebuilt it into separate cuirass, greaves, boots, and gauntlets pieces, made some ground models, and replaced the chitin armor in Morroblivion with the Hel Borne models. If you need a refresher, the chitin in Morroblivion (made by remorsefuldeviant, I think) currently looks like this:

[External image]

And here is Hel Borne's chitin armor converted for Morroblivion:

[External image]

The lady version:

[External image]

There are some tiny gaps at the seams of the wrists and ankles; your mileage may vary depending on the body mod used. Altogether though, it looks, plays, and mixes with other armor and clothing well. I've been playing with it for a week and thought I should release it for others to play with. If you have any problems, let me know. From what I've gathered, Hel Borne is cool with altering it as long as long as credit was given. So, thanks Hel Borne!

Here's the download link: http://deltaheadtranslation.com/kdHBchitinMod.7z

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by qwertyasdfgh on 29 Mar 2013 - 03:50.

Very nice!  I hated that Morroblivion chitin armor, and had no idea there was a good remake.

Do you think we could use this for Skywind as well?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

If you're asking for my permission, I don't care. In terms of actually getting it into Skyrim, I'm not personally prepared to handle that at the moment.

The funny thing is that as obscure as this armor is, the texture files for it already exist in the Morroblivion install - I think because the weapons in the same mod are used. It must have just been the lack of separate pieces that kept it from being used instead of the current default? In any case, it makes low levels in Seyda Neen prettier!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I have wanted this done from the moment I started this project!

I will definitely include this in the next release.

Thank you!!!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)