Skip to main content

Unlimited rings and amulets?

Submitted by jdkbph on

Hi. Are there any unlimited rings and amulets mods that work with Morroblivion? I've tried all the mods that I could find on Nexus but they either don't work at all or crash the game when I load a save where I was wearing more than one.

Thanks.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by qwertyasdfgh on 9 May 2013 - 14:09.

Can`t think of one,but there might be a global variable,that could be changed in then CK,the saved as an esp.?

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Just use the Wrye Bash tweak

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yeah, Wrye Bash can do this.  Go here: http://wryemusings.com/Wrye%20Bash.html#TweakClothes

You have to know how to build a Bashed Patch though.  Instructions are on that page: http://wryemusings.com/Wrye%20Bash.html#BashedPatches

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Thanks for the Wrye Bash tip. I tried that but... Same problem. I can equip multiple rings and amulets, but any save where the character is wearing more than the standard number of rings or amulets (I think it's 2 rings and 1 amulet), causes a CTD as it's loading. Not sure why this is.

 

Also, I don't know if anyone else has seen this with Morroblivion and Wrye Bash, but as it's building the Bashed Patch, it reports an error (3 of them it looks like) in Morrowind_OB.esm. Not sure what that's about either.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Just to follow up....

I figured out what was causing the problem, but unfortunately, not how to fix it completely.

The problem is caused by multi-component armor that uses ring and/or amulet slots. If you have an unlimited (or expanded) rings/amulets mod installed, and save a game while wearing an armor component that uses one of those slots,  the game crashes when loading that save.

Fortunately most armors like that can be edited in the CS to use the tail slot instead of a ring or amulet slot. However there are a few good armor mods that use all the available slots.

The weird thing is this was never a problem with Oblivion itself, but for some reason it is a problem with the Morroblivion mod installed.

If anyone has any thoughts on the matter, I'd appreciate hearing them.

JD

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Running OBMM,TesLodGen,OBSE have run unlimited Rings,Unlimited Amulets in V053,V054,V055 have not caused any corrupt save on any 1 of the 3 Versions,,What else are you running that can cause corrupt saves..

Did you load the Whole lot in to TES4Edit run standard filter to see what conflicts you can find..

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

No I hadn't run TES4Edit. I did just now though, but it found no conflicts.

You mention that you use unlimited ring/amulet mods with no issues, but do you also have armor mods that use the ring or amulet slots? That's definitey where the problem is coming from, as I can reproduce the crash at will, or avoid it, by manipulating combinations of rings/amulets and armor then saving and reloading.

I'm pretty much running the same mods I ran when I last played Oblivion maybe 2 or 3 years ago, with the exception of updating OBSE to the latest version (v20 I think). Same armor, same ring/amulet mods, no crashing in Oblivion, but it doesn't work in Morroblivion. The only thing I can think of is it might have something to do with the unique Morroblivion rings and amulets themselves... although I'm damned if I can see why.

I mean, this isn't life or death, or anything that's stopping me from playing (and enjoying) Morroblivion... but it's driving me nuts because I can't figure it out!

JD

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)