Skip to main content

Oblivion Vampires not attacking?

Submitted by doggy on
Not sure if this was a bug or not & couldn't find the topic regarding this. Oblivion vampires are not attacking me at all. I haven't encounter Morrowind vampires yet. I traveled back to Oblivion world/Cyrodiil & continued the Lost Spire quest where I had to go to a mine and clear out vampires there. But when I approached vampires in the mine, 1. They ignored me & did not attack right away. 2. Tried to talk to them but my persuasion is 100 so can't even make them angry. 3. Even when I attack one, the rest of them just stood there and did not react. 4. I went to different places with known vampire hangouts, they all reacted the same. I can confirm that it only happened when I was playing Morroblivion. My 'clean' Oblivion did not have this issue. Vampires attacked me right away when they saw me. Is this a bug? PS. I added Lost Spire-Morroblvion patch from here prior to start Morroblivion but I can't seem to locate it now. & Some bandits also ignore me; not all of them, some.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by doggy on 3 Oct 2012 - 07:35.

What is you players Personality set at if above 60 less chance of them Attacking

Ok how much did you play in Morroblivion if you Have [Moon-And-Star] on take it off player will drop Personality by 20..

You can wright down player personality, OPEN Console ~ then reset by [player.setAV personality 35] with out brachets..

have not played lost spires for 3 years find Patch and put back in you can reset personality back the same way use the number you wrote down..

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

It's 53 so... 1. Played approx. 20hrs so far. I've visited Balmora & Vivec. I completed Balmora Thief/Fighter Guild quests but haven't completed its' Mage Guild ones yet. "have not played lost spires for 3 years find Patch and put back in you can reset personality back the same way use the number you wrote down.." 2. Not sure what you're saying but my question regarding Lost Spire-Morroblivion patch is, do I need it if I've installed V055? I downloaded from this site but I can't seem to find it now. Is it obsolete? 3. Are you saying this problem stems from my PC Personality? edit Lowered my personality but didn't work. Btw, I didn't mean my PC personality was 100. I meant when I talked to vampires, their disposition was maxed out to 100. All of them.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Looks like we leave Personality Alone..While gone went back to Cyrodiil, went to Memorial Cave, Vampires attack player no Problems at all, players Personality is 80 with Moon-And-Star on..

Lost Spires Patch is Here i downloaded patch to make shore..

 [RELs] Qwerty's Various Additions

http://www.mediafire.com/?s19gad117z423eh

what other mod are you running..

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I have too many mods to name them all but mainly I'm running latest FCOM with max setting. Btw I already have Lost Spire-Morroblivion patch. I just want to confirm if it's really needed with V055. It seems nobody knows for sure. I think I'm just going to give up on this now. I was initially excited due to the fact I could play Morrowind with heavily modded Oblivion. But it's a bit too much hassle. 1. Due to too many random crashes, it's not enjoyable to explore the open world setting. 2. Too many hiccups/bugs/god-knows-what happen in the game world, such as NPC not attacking me when the quest clearly indicated that he'd kill me (the naked guy), kicked out of the guild when I didn't even join yet or all the vampires with disposition maxed out. 3. Realizing that Morrowind world is, how can I say, boring and empty so far. Miles of walking/running only to be bothered by few nixhounds, rats and flying buggers. 4. All the quests are basically fetch quests.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Yes, The Lost Spires patch is still needed. I wonder what makes you think otherwise?

And your vampire problems are most likely not related to Morroblivion - it doesn't touch Cyrodiil at all.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

It's not clearly stated that it's needed when you install V055. Also, I had to dig around to find it. My clean Oblivion save did not have any issue with vampires. It's after I traveled back & forth, I'm encountering this problem. Again, back to my issue. Anyone with any idea why all the vampires have their disposition maxed out to 100?
Karma: 0 (0 votes)