Skip to main content

Bugs that I have encountered

Submitted by brutal7 on

PLEASE MOVE MY POST TO PROPPER SECTION! SORRY ABOUT POSTING HERE!

 

1. Texture issue at Falasmaryon during an ash storm.

When I originally captured this screenshot, there was a storm, but at the time I forgot to enable screenshots, so unfortunately I cannot show you what it looked like. However, here is a picture of the same thing on a regular day.

The border of whatever those three things are tends to look strange in an ash storm. I don't know how to describe it, really.

[External image]

2. Grass sticking out at Berandas where it shouldnt.

This is one of those things that really only bothers some people. Still, I thought it was worth mentioning. It could use a little tidying up.

Also I experienced a CTD when walking away from Berandas.

 

3. Graveward amulet doesn't seem to increase my conjuration.

 

4. Texture bug at Rotheran. Also some grass could be tidied up here too.

[External image]

5. Gate to throne room at Ashmelech still labeled Census and Excise gate.

Well, this was a  bug in the original game, but it still needs to be fixed.

And I think the vampires and people labeled "cattle" who I assume are the vampire's slaves might of gotten into a fight. I don't know if this was friendly-fire caused by me or not though.

6. Glitchy crystal textures when moving around.

When I entered "assumanu" the crystals seems to glitch out when I move around.

7. Messed up icon for "bowl"

[External image]

8. At Indoranyon someone was shooting fireballs at me, but I could not see them. I heard them moving around, but they never came up to me. Then I decided to go into the the poplyon chamber where I had just been a moment ago (And there was no one inside of it then.)

So, when I entered there was a worshipper right at the door, he had a knife and I assume he followed me in. I don't know why he was invisible outside, but not inside though.

Edit: Confirmed that he followed me into the chamber and was outside somehow invisible originally. Also, upon further testing I can see him outside actually.

Edit again: Okay this is getting really weird. I killed the worshipper but it turns out that he wasn't the one invisible. Something is still shooting fireballs at me and it's footsteps don't sound human.

Edit: I FIGURED OUT WHAT IT WAS. ITS A DAEDROTH AND ITS SHOOTING FIREBALLS AT ME FROM UNDER THE STRUCTURE!

[External image]

9. Probe name. I found a dead adventurer that had a JourneyMan's Probe. I think the m needs to be lowecase. Not sure though, but according to http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Thieves_Tools it's a lowercase.

10. In the Nabith waterway in Kogoruhn, I saw a skeleton and an atronach fighting.

11. Ash slaves don't seem to be hostile until attacked. Not sure if this is a bug or on purpose.

12. Giant error in Charma's breath, Kogoruhn

[External image]

13. "Pitcher" icon has the same transparency problem as the bowl mentioned above.

14. Two giant errors at Maron-Adon

15. Corpus Stalker AI is very buggy.

16. Trama-Shrub appears to be invisible to me.

17. Wearing Nordic bearskin cuirass and bioled netch leather helm caused my neck to become invisible.

18. Taking items in Hanud, tower counts as stealing when it shouldnt

19. "Paper lanturn" is held sideways

20. Floating an non collidable trees near salothran ancestral tomb

21. Shockbite Battleaxe is invisible

Not just one or two, but arond 7. Lots of floating trees.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by brutal7 on 16 Nov 2012 - 17:04.

Don`t know about the "cattle" bit,but the 3 wall blocks [assuming they are .dds textures] can be checked in a texture editor,and the ground and wall texture at that location looks like they need replacing with the same texture as the rest of the wall and ground.The label is easy to change in the CS.

Will work on a fix later but busy with skywind at this time.

Would an esp fix be ok.?

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Sure. In the meantime, I will be finding more bugs. (And trust me, there are a lot of them)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Brutal,this getting really bad,because we ported morroblivion over to skywind,and all the bugs!.?

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

You never noticed? Morroblivion has always been super buggy.

Oh, and I found all of these bugs in less than 20 minutes.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Well, what did you expect? Even Unofficial Oblivion Patch is still updated, 6 years after Oblivion was released :)
And Morroblivion is a fan-made conversion after all.

Anyway, let's start from the beginning...

1. Texture issue at Falasmaryon during an ash storm.

This is probably the alpha transparancy issue, which is quite common. I fixed a whole bunch of those in my 'resourse fixpack' located here(post 14). Not sure if this particular mesh you encountered is fixed or not, but if not I'll fix it too.

2. Grass sticking out at Berandas where it shouldnt.

Well, grass is an optional addon which I don't use, so I can't help much here.

Also I experienced a CTD when walking away from Berandas.

If crash is not reproducable, it's probably not worth reporting. Oblivion isn't a perfectly stable game by itself.

3. Graveward amulet doesn't seem to increase my conjuration.

Should it? I thought it summons a skeleton for you. Are you using my "Universal Cast-Whan-Used System" (Morrowind_ob - UCWUS.esp)?

4. Texture bug at Rotheran.

I'll take a look.

5. Gate to throne room at Ashmelech still labeled Census and Excise gate.

9. Probe name.

11. Ash slaves don't seem to be hostile until attacked. Not sure if this is a bug or on purpose.

Should be easy to fix. I'll upload the esp later.

12. Giant error in Charma's breath, Kogoruhn

Download the fixpack I mentioned in issue #1. Or simply move mwLavaPlane.nif from meshes\meshes\morroblivion to meshes\morroblivion

I FIGURED OUT WHAT IT WAS. ITS A DAEDROTH AND ITS SHOOTING FIREBALLS AT ME FROM UNDER THE STRUCTURE!

Creatures spawning inside objects are usually the result of bad pathgrids. I'll fix the ones around Indoranyon, but there's probably more in the wilderness.

 

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Graveyard amulet isn't supposed to even give conjuration, it's supposed to just summon skeletons.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Eydis fire eye once disappeared under the top staircase in Balmora's fighters guild. I got her out using the console but I'm afraid it may happen again.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

The effect of the amulet said that it would increase [External image]my conjuration by ten points.

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

That's interesting... Please, post your load order.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Here's a quest bug which I encountered in A rash of Insults I get the choice of "Apologies" and "Apologies" for some odd reason. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:A_Rash_of_Insults
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Here's a quest bug which I encountered in A rash of Insults

I get the choice of "Apologies" and "Apologies" for some odd reason.

Here, have a fix. BTW, it's generally better to report such things to Bugtracker.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Oblivion.esm

Morrowind_ob.esm

TR_Oot_Main.esm

Unofficial oblivion patch

Shivering Isles

Unofficial SI patch

DLC horse armor

Horse armor unofficial patch

DLC orrery

DLC orrey unofficial

Vile lair

Vile lair unofficial

Mehrunes razor

Mehrunes razor unofficial

Spell tomes

Spell tomes unofficial

thieves den

thieves den unofficials

thieves den unofficial SSSB

Eloth landscape overhaul

chargen and transport mod

tree replacer

Morroblivion maps

clothing replacer

morroblivion water

faction relationship

morroblivion conversation

sutch reborn

Stirk

battlehorn

battlehorn unofficial

frostcrag

frostcrag unofficial

knights

knights unofficial

Elsweyr

unofficial elsweyr patch

midas spells

oblivionized enchants

Morrowind_ob siltstiders

Morrowind_ob UCWUS

leviathan soul gems

akatosh mount

wearwolf legends of the north

 

Yeah, I haven't sorted it out with boss or anything. I am waiting for the fcom superpack 7.0 to come out so i just threw some mods on to mess around for the time being.

Also, I added more problems to the first post.

 

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

oblivionized enchants

Morrowind_ob UCWUS

These two are incompatible. Use one or another.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Oh. I just installed the complete installation so I didn't know. I suppose the latter of the two is more like the original game?

 

Also, will anyone be adressing the other issues?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I suppose the latter of the two is more like the original game?

Yes.


 14. Two giant errors at Maron-Adon

Have you installed the fix I mentioned in post #5?

15. Corpus Stalker AI is very buggy.

What do you mean by that?

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

No, i have not installed the fix yet. I will try that soon.

And by the AI being buggy, well for example if they start following me and then i move a few feet back, they forget I am even there.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

20. Floating an non collidable trees near salothran ancestral tomb

Screenshot? I don't see anything wrong in CS.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)