Skip to main content

[Solved]Installation Help?

Submitted by GrenadingBadger on

Hey all, I am working on trying to get my installation of morroblivion working. So far I can "play" the game, but to an extent.

When I first loaded the game, it crashed after I got out of the ship. When you cross the bridge to talk to the guy to let you into the census and excise office, The game would crash. I got around this by walking off the little plank into the water, and then running around until "Discovered Sayda Neen" showed up. After this, I just unlocked the gate [using console] and talked to the guy [this time it worked?]. Also Note: the silt strider was pink.

The next thing is that I built up my class and was able to actually play the game for a few seconds. I realized taht some of the weapons were pink: the sword for the guy in the admission office [who you talk to to fill out your papers] His weapon was pink.

I installed the game by just overwiting my files, because the wrye bash installer was crashing every single time I clicked the installer tab.  [installation of mods took forever to boot]. So, I just copied the mods into the oblivion directory in the right order [i think].

here is the order how i installed:


Unnofficial Patch
Silent Voice
Vvardenfell import resources
Morroblivion 027
Transport mod
Texture Overhaul [that uber sexy one that is linked to from the installation link]


Order of mods:

Oblivion.esm [si]
morrowind_ob.esm
MorroblivionMiscItemsV1.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Unnoffical Oblivion Patch.esp
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp




Did I mess up in load order or something?

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by GrenadingBadger on 18 Apr 2011 - 00:33.

I think you are missing data files. Make sure you install the complete version (parts 1,2 and 3 and support files).

http://morroblivion.com/forums/morroblivion/mods/753

 

[External image]

 

After installing the complete files from the above link then overwrite the files with Eloth's Visual Overhaul.

 

You should also upgrade to version28 of the master (morrowind_ob.esm) ... v27 has a bug where Dagoth Ur decides to pay nerevarine a little surprise visit :p

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Got it working. Many thanks. Strange. I thought I had all the files copied. My computer must have messed up the transfer, or something. Doesn't make much sense, but it works now.

Appreciate it.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)