Skip to main content

Pink Textures that simply will not work!

Submitted by Alexb10 on

I downloaded Eloths Visual Overhaul, and I have looked through, installed and uninstalled it many times, tried every solution I could come up with (and every solution recommended to others with similar problems), yet the same set of textures will not load. The textures that refuse to load are nearly all the Telvanni building architecture you see around Azura's Coast, like in towns such as Tel Branora. There are a few other random objects around the area that also will not work, and nearly all mushrooms in the game are missing textures as well.

Basically what would be the best possible way that I could come up with to fix this, is finding a texture pack that includes objects around Azura's Coast, especially the Telvanni architecture, that way I could fill in the holes for the apparent missing textures. I have also looked through the texture files and I don't think there was anything there that pertains to the textures that aren't loading ingame, leading me to believe that the textures aren't there altogether.

I've come to think that Eloth's Visual Overhaul doesn't include these textures, though if it does, I really haven't a clue what the problem could be, considering I already reinstalled the the Texture Pack, and others, multiple times. Maybe a corrupt .RAR file or two? I went through the problems others were having with the mod on Eloth's [Relz] post, and I correctly executed nearly every single fix that pertained to my problem, but to no avail.

I'm sorry if this isn't the place to post this problem, if it is I'll gladly allow the post to be removed. I'd really appreciate any help or guidance (or even pointing and laughing at how dumb I am) with this issue, because its ruining this segment of the game for me. Seriously, Morroblivion needs press attention because it is beyond impressive, and nothing sucks worse than not really being able to play it :P

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

 

 

I read this post and decided to go check for you...and no, no textures are missing from Tel Branora.

It's possible that when you extracted the files, you didn't quite get them into the correct locations...a problem I've personally experienced.

What I did, instead of extracting everyything to my Oblivion folder right off, was to extract everything one archive at a time to a temporary work folder. This allowed me to look through the folders to make sure everything was ending up in the data folder where it should be. The files should be extracted in the following order:

 

VisualOverhaul.part01.rar

VisualOverhaul.part02.rar

VisualOverhaul.part03.rar

VisualOverhaul.part04.rar

VisualOverhaul.part05.rar

VisualOverhaul.part06.rar

VisualOverhaul.part07.rar

VisualOverhaul.part08.rar

VisualOverhaul.part09.rar

VisualOverhaul.part10.rar

VisualOverhaul.part11.rar

VisualOverhaulMissingTextures.rar

VisualOverhaulFix2.rar

visualOverhaulFix3.rar

NOTE: VisualOverhaul.part01.rar to VisualOverhaul.part11.rar are actually only one file broken up into parts for easy downloading. You need all of them in one folder to extract them properly.

As you extract them, make sure all files and folders are going into a single data folder. Inside the data folder should be two folders: texture and meshes. If you see any other folders in the data folder, something went wrong. Please keep in mind this is in a TEMPORARY WORK FOLDER & NOT the Oblivion install folder...once the files are extracted, THEN move them to the actual game folder. That will save you from having to reinstall Oblivion (possibly more than once).

On a side note, I did have to modify one file to correct a missing texture (it wasn't actually missing, just the resource pointed to the wrong location). I've attached the repaired file and it should be copied to \Oblivion\Data\Meshes\morro\x to correct a problem with pink rocks in a few spots. I had to zip it because for some reason I was not allowed to attach it as a .nif file. This should be the last thing you do.

 

I hope this helps.

 

Edit: By the way, I think this should be in the Mods section :-)

Attachments

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I had exactly the same problem. You probably can't load some woodden textures too.

 

Activate DLCShiveringIsles.esp. And also download the 'WORKING' grass esp. I did those two and it worked; but I think problem is with Shivering Isles not activated.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

After 0.31 all potions now pink

Karma: 0 (0 votes)