Skip to main content

Installation Guide Video

Submitted by Nchuleftingth on

Wrye Bash "installers tab" will not install anything. I've set the load order, and when I click on the "installers" tab, nothing happens. 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)
Last edited by Nchuleftingth on 3 Aug 2011 - 07:58.

I can't seem to get the "installers" tab to initialize... I've uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. nothing.

UPDATE: Uninstalled via Windows uninstaller, deleted all "mopy" files, and all Bash files from MyGames directory (including the settings), reinstalled, initialized:) 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Why don't you just copy the file manually into your data directory, like other mods?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I can't get the installer tab to work on wyre bash. I just did it like Hashmi said and it worked for me.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

You have to place all the mod packages (7z, rar, zip files or extracted projects) under BASH INstallers folder. Where is that folder, you ask? Well, it is where you set it up top be. Open the Mopy folder, look for bash.ini. It iwill tell you where the BASH installers folder is. Also, it iwill have an option to enable installers. I am not at my oblivion pc right now, but that's what I recall.

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Wrye Bash isn't a straightforward install, particularly on Linux! A copy and paste from my Linux install instructions:

PART 3 - Getting Wrye Bash working in WINE

See also:

Download Wrye Bash Archive version (you'll need to login to download):

Now download the latest stable (and matching) versions of Python, wxPython, pwin32 and comtypes:

I ended up with:

  • Wrye_Bash_293_--_Archive_Version-22368-293.7z
  • python-2.7.2.msi
  • wxPython2.8-win32-unicode-2.8.12.0-py27.exe
  • pywin32-216.win32-py2.7.exe
  • comtypes-0.6.2.win32.exe

Extract the Wrye Bash archive to the Oblivion folder - nothing funky required here, feel free to use the GUI archive utility (usually File Roller in Fedora 15), e.g.

/home/$USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Steam/steamapps/common/oblivion
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\oblivion

Then install all of the Windows Python / wxwidgets dependencies in the order listed above, keeping the default install locations.

Open the file:

/home/$USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Steam/steamapps/common/oblivion/Mopy/basher.py
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\oblivion\Mopy\basher.py

Find line 4454 and replace:

gMessageList.gText = wx.lib.iewin.IEHtmlWindow(gBottom, -1, style = wx.NO_FULL_REPAINT_ON_RESIZE)

...with:

#gMessageList.gText = wx.lib.iewin.IEHtmlWindow(gBottom, -1, style = wx.NO_FULL_REPAINT_ON_RESIZE)

...to comment the line out. This will prevent the crash: AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'IWebBrowser2'

Not sure if you need the above step on Windows...

To run, do:

cd /home/$USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Steam/steamapps/common/oblivion/Mopy
cd C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\oblivion\Mopy
wine /home/$USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/Python27/pythonw.exe bash.py -d
C:\Python27\pythonw.exe bash.py -d

The -d adds debugging - very useful if you are having problems to begin with.

 

So as you can see, not straightforward but if I can get it working on WINE, it should be doable on Windows! I have added the windows locations in red above (Steam version)... To use, you have to extract archives to the correct folder - example below is for Morroblivion v034 ESM, which is a little different because it uses an installer... most mods you just make a folder and extract the files there:

...The esm file will be present under the main data folder. First create the the folder Morroblivion_v034 under the Oblivion Mods/Bash Install, e.g.

cd /home/$USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Oblivion\ Mods/Bash\ Installers/
cd C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers
mkdir Morroblivion_v034

Move the Morrowind_ob.esm file into this new folder.

 

Note that for me there is a substantial delay when changing tabs in wrye bash... it can seem to be doing nothing when in fact it just requires patience ;) Generally it's a bit slow as it rescans the folders after every change... that can get a bit tedious - have something else to do while it rescans :D

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I set up Bash, just like in the video. I've got all my mods under "Oblivion mods", and all my oblivion stuff under "Oblivion Stuff"... Bash set up the "oblivion mods" folder for me, yet the installer only installs from my "oblivion stuff" folder... How do i change this? They're located in the "bash installers" folder, but bash won't actually install anything from the "bash installers" folder.. It also won't close... Wth?

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Hashmi: Wouldn't that defeat the entire purpose of downloading bash, and stuff?

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Nchuleftingth: Well, I copyied manually, but I used bash to mess with the load order....

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

@Nchuleftingth

I think the settings are under:

c:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\oblivion\Mopy\bash_default.ini

Specifically this section:

[General]
;--sOblivionMods is the Alternate root directory for installers, etc.

;  It is strongly recommended that you do NOT put it anywhere under the  
;  Oblivion install directory itself, because Oblivion.exe will search through
;  every directory under the install directory.
;  This "directory thrashing" can then cause performance problems during gameplay.
;  sOblivionMods is defined specifically to circumvent this bug by storing files elsewhere.
sOblivionMods=..\Oblivion Mods

The double dots and backslash are command line syntax for "go up one folder and use the folder Oblivion Mods". Somewhat oddly though, this path appears to be relative to the main Oblivion folder, not where the ini file itself is (in the mopy subfolder).

What does your ini file say?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

HeWhoWatches: Under the general tab, it gives sOblivionMods=..\Oblivion Mods. Maybe it has to do with the ../ 

You're right, that would bring it to the oblivion main folder. Is that potentially my problem? I'll try setting the actual destination, and edit this accordingly.

Ice: And you had no problems using morroblivion? I had assumed that the use of Bash was because Morroblivion required some kinda special modding :S 

Edit: Nope. Tried setting the destination of /Bash Installers as the sOblivionMods value. Still the same. Didn't even break anything :S It's that damn "Oblivion Stuff" folder. I had originally one Oblivion folder, and one Oblivion Stuff folder, for mods just to keep as backup. I uninstalled oblivion, but left the oblivion stuff folder. Ever since, anything related to oblivion tries to install to the "Oblivion Stuff" folder, even though I had a separate folder for the actual game. So, I deleted the original "oblivion stuff", renamed my oblivion folder "Oblivion Stuff", and everything went where it was supposed to. Except, now all bash wants to do is fondle "oblivion stuff'...

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I just used Wyre to do load order, which IS really important, but ya, other than that I've gotton Morroblivion to work fine with just manual folder copies. ;)

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I just used Wyre to do load order, which IS really important, but ya, other than that I've gotton Morroblivion to work fine with just manual folder copies.

Indeed it will ;)

For load order, either OBMM or Wrye Bash are fine... I would highly recommend using at least one of these if you plan to regularly install / uninstall mods for testing. Not sure about OBMM but Wrye Bash helps keep track of what's installed so you can remove unwanted stuff later without breaking other mods. Very useful.

Ever since, anything related to oblivion tries to install to the "Oblivion Stuff" folder, even though I had a separate folder for the actual game.

Anything? How strange... perhaps do a search of regedit for "Oblivion Stuff"... maybe there is a rogue registry entry?

Karma: 0 (0 votes)