Skip to main content

Map Icons off

Submitted by SheepHustlah on

I searched the answer to this all around to no avail:

How do I fix the map icons when in Vvardenfall? I'm noticing that everything is shifted North-East (e.g. cave icon is in the middle of a path and Seyda Neen icon is where that same cave is).

I have the Elsweyr pack and the colorful map last on the mod list and tried deselecting that thinking it would make a difference, but that didn't work. 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

The icons don't line up perfectly on any of the maps ever made for Morroblivion, and some not very well at all, as most Morroblivion maps have been scans of artwork and not something created specifically for the game. Some are better than others, and some line up in some places but not others. It's just something we have to live with.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I downloaded the HD Map Replacer and it actually does a lot better job with it, the icons are plenty more accurate (e.g. the one cave icon is right on the money instead of being in the middle of the water). The only bug I have is my own character arrow on the map is off, but that happens on regular Oblivion anyway (especially on my Xbox 360 version).

Thank you!

Karma: 0 (0 votes)