Skip to main content

Time before respawn.?

Submitted by ironman12345 on

I am trying to get the respawn option in the CS to work properly,I can tick the respawn option on NPCs and creatures,but how do I set the time that elapses before they respawn if they get killed.

I have waited about 4 game days for some creatures I have set to respawn,but they just stay dead.

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong.?

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

  • Respawn This NPC will respawn when the cell reloads if you check this box

So you have to reload the cell.  You can't just stand there and wait.  See also: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Respawning

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Thanks thermador,I understand now,I was hoping that I could make each creature respawn at different times but obviously that is not the case.

And as it is a console command used to change the global time,I quess scripting less or more time for each creature  is not possible either.

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)

I think the respawn timer is a global variable. There are a lot of mods that alter it, such as this one: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/2091/ I'm not sure you can change the respawn timer on a per-creature basis.
Karma: 0 (0 votes)

Thanks! for the info thermador.

It`s working ok left at the original,I found out the hard way by leaving the area then doing other quests,on my return trip I was ambushed and killed by 3 boar while travelling near Pelagiad.:)

Thats cool as I had killed 2 on the way out of the area.

 

 

Karma: 0 (0 votes)